Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][RAI]Raicoin: a novel block-lattice coin (testnet online) - page 7. (Read 2410 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0
if i donate 100 NANO in one transaction, i can get 10 invitations, right?
yes
Activity: 359
Merit: 61
︻┳デ═—
Wow, so 2020 is good plans huh ? Shocked
I have 3 project on 2020 on my watchlist, and I think I will add this project too.

bona laboro dev Smiley
Activity: 17
if i donate 100 NANO in one transaction, i can get 10 invitations, right?
Activity: 17
very interesting, i will follow
How do you determine online-ness of a node in order to reward it? By IP address? What happens if someone spins up 5000 VPSs to collect airdrops?

1.reward by a node's total online time, example: a node with 10 days online time and 10 nodes with 1 day online time each, they have the same probability to get airdrop.

2. By IP address? yes, one IP for only one node.

3. In early stage, if some guy run mass nodes, he may collect the majority airdrop. This is really bad. It's why only invited nodes can get airdrop for the first 6 months.
Seems interesting , but i would prefer if you could accept NANO instead of BTC . I believe that NANO holders could back a project like that so consider NANO as an alternative payment .
Looking forward to see how the development will evolve .
thanks, NANO is added.
To get invitation, how to sign raicoin node id with the address?

many bitcoin wallets (e.g. electrum,trezor) can sign/verify message, some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bitcoin+wallet+sign+message
Activity: 24
To get invitation, how to sign raicoin node id with the address?
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
How do you determine online-ness of a node in order to reward it? By IP address? What happens if someone spins up 5000 VPSs to collect airdrops?

Seems interesting , but i would prefer if you could accept NANO instead of BTC . I believe that NANO holders could back a project like that so consider NANO as an alternative payment .

This is actually a cool idea.
Activity: 1149
Merit: 347
There are still about 6 months until the beta release. Many things can happen. Unable to launch before?
Activity: 1111
Merit: 588
Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

much of the success of the NANO(formerly Raiblocks) is that any, I repeat-anyone could produce these coins. you don't.

9.3 In first 2 quarters, only invited nodes can get airdrop. And after then all nodes can get airdrop.
    9.4 How to get invitations?
        (1) To be active github contributors for the project.
        (2) By donation, the minimum amounts of BTC for an invitation are as follows(UTC time):

although the project seems interesting to me, I will look.

Sep. 2019: 0.001BTC    how many nodes will there be, or an unlimited number? it's a small amount.

and I have a dynamic IP, can I start the node?
1. unlimited number nodes, The more nodes, the more secure the network. The ideal network size is 10k+.
2. 0.001 is indeed a small amount, but September is over soon. It is for guys with wise eyes.
3. dynamic IP is OK, but the suggestion is to run on VPS for better online time.

I still have a lot of time, the whole 3 days, see what else people write...
I am confused by the far the month of March... a lot of time before launch.

much of the success of the NANO(formerly Raiblocks) is that any, I repeat-anyone could produce these coins. you don't.

9.3 In first 2 quarters, only invited nodes can get airdrop. And after then all nodes can get airdrop.
        (2) By donation, the minimum amounts of BTC for an invitation are as follows(UTC time):

Sep. 2019: 0.001BTC    how many nodes will there be, or an unlimited number? it's a small amount.

1. unlimited number nodes, The more nodes, the more secure the network. The ideal network size is 10k+.
2. 0.001 is indeed a small amount, but September is over soon. It is for guys with wise eyes.
3. dynamic IP is OK, but the suggestion is to run on VPS for better online time.
How do I set up my node? Link to windows wallet?

Roadmap:
    (1) Beta release: March 31, 2020.
Activity: 107
Merit: 1
How do I set up my node? Link to windows wallet?

2020.05.02:
     1. Initial beta version is released: https://github.com/raicoincommunity/Raicoin/releases
     2. Please pm me your raicoin account, i will send some coins to you for test.

-----------------------------------------------------

Raicoin will be developed based on the ideas of NANO(formerly Raiblocks) but with many different and new features.

1. Node Reward: all nodes with election weight can earn reward.

2. Credit Mechanism: NANO uses POW to anti transaction flooding attack, this approach will be replaced by the new credit system.
   2.1 Accounts destroy little amount coin to get credits from the network, than allowed to do (20 x credits) transactions every day(In a word, buy once for life).
   2.2 Any account must have at least 1 credit when it is created.
   2.2 The cost of credit will gradually decrease.
   2.3 Transactions from accounts with high remaining percentage of allowed transactions will be processed first when the network is busy.

3. Achievable and Sustainable high performance.
    3.1 Two types of nodes are designed: light node and full node. light nodes can not only do pruning but also unpruning when needed.
    3.2 light nodes are designed to run on ramdisk/NVMe/SSD as election nodes, and full nodes run on HDD as backup nodes.
    3.3 Rough IO performance on different device: 10k+ txs/s (ramdisk), 2k+ txs/s (NVMe), 1k txs/s(SSD), hundreds txs/s(HDD).

4. Bandwidth Saving: election on block will be changed to election on fork, save up to 90% bandwidth cost.

5. Custom Data Field: the protocol will add a custom variable-length data field. This field can be used to take extra infomation(e.g. transaction notes, order number, user id).

6. Privacy: mixer addon can be developed based on the custom data field. Third party will be happy to develop and run a mixer to get more users and more node reward. An offical implementation may also be developed if necessary.

7. Distribution
    7.1 All coins are generated by node reward.
    7.2 New generated coins of each year:
        1st year: 40M,
        2nd year: 30M,
        3rd year: 20M,
        4th year: 10M,
        from 5th year: about 5% coins

8. Airdrop
    8.1 Airdrop is randomly distributed based on the total online time of the node, that is, the higher online time, the higher probability of getting airdrop.
    8.2 Airdrop will last 4 years, the approximate amounts by time:
        1st quarter of 1st year: 7M,
        2nd quarter of 1st year: 4M,
        3rd quarter of 1st year: 3M,
        4th quarter of 1st year: 2M,
        2nd year: 5M,
        3rd year: 2M,
        4th year: 1M.
    8.3 To anti sybil attack, in first 2 quarters, only invited nodes can get airdrop. And after then all nodes can get airdrop.
    8.4 How to get invitations?
        (2) By donation, the minimum amounts of BTC/NANO for an invitation are as follows(UTC time):
            Sep. 2019: 0.001BTC/10NANO
            Oct. 2019: 0.005BTC/50NANO
            Nov. 2019: 0.01BTC/100NANO
            Dec. 2019: 0.02BTC/200NANO
            Jan. 2020: 0.03BTC/300NANO
            Feb. 2020: 0.04BTC/400NANO
            Mar. 2020: 0.05BTC/500NANO
            Apr. 2020: 0.06BTC/600NANO
            May  2020: 0.07BTC/700NANO
            June 2020: 0.08BTC/800NANO
            July 2020: 0.09BTC/900NANO
            Aug. 2020: 0.1BTC/1000NANO
            After then: 0.2BTC/2000NANO
     8.5 There will be 16 official invited nodes: 8 light nodes, 8 full nodes.

9. Developer Fund: Donations and the airdrop that official invited nodes get.

Roadmap
    (1) Beta release: March 31, 2020.
    (2) Live release: September 30, 2020.

github repositories: https://github.com/RaicoinCommunity

Donation Address
BTC: 1eZdfnsxFNqzcJioPRAr2hmRPMZ9GmPjL
NANO: nano_1t8yfzbmyz7eqeowgx9ij4h7mftwo4qgke3empdpge8o9wug1y8urh6giuhx
(Please send from an address you control, not an exchange address. To get invitation, you will need to sign your raicoin node id with the BTC/NANO address.)
Pages:
Jump to: