Author

Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record - page 305. (Read 684956 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
when mining on linux in a cloud... how would I find my wallet, or send my coins to another wallet before I destroy the droplets...?
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Coffee is for closers
Activity: 21
Thank you for making this.

I will be mining this from the start as well.  Way too late to the mining game, but this and XPM is something I can get behind, reward or not.

Cheers
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
There really should have been a small reward for the first blocks.  Dev is going to be the only one mining until 576, then this will be called a fail launch by all the trolls because you have to watch the block count.

you can install Riecoin without mining. So you can see the block count. Then mine when there is a reward
Activity: 50
There really should have been a small reward for the first blocks.  Dev is going to be the only one mining until 576, then this will be called a fail launch by all the trolls because you have to watch the block count.
Activity: 5
so...in regards to Windows clients/miners, a few questions:

first, I was around last night for the epic failure of a launch of duckduckcoin.  the Windows wallet wasn't even released until about 6 hours after the initial launch, and meanwhile people were pool mining, so by the time I got to use it, solo mining was pointless.

so...first, will the Windows executables be ready for launch of riecoin, or should I just plan on compiling my own on Linux?  I am happy to begin mining from the beginning, even without reward, but I really don't want to spend time trying to compile Windows binaries (I'm using VPS, which are all Windows, so yes, kinda stuck with that.)

second, will the wallet have the miner built into it, like most of other wallets?  in other words, can I simply do a "setgenerate true -1", and be off and running?  (I'm not savvy enough with using command-line minerd, etc., and would prefer to just let the wallet launch the miner for me.)

third, if the wallet has a built-in miner, is that in *any* way different than the separate miner executable?  (slower, worse?)

thanks for answering my newbie questions!  can't wait for launch!
Activity: 291

Frist 576 blocks without reward, that's correct. However it's impossible to know how long will that take. Once the difficulty adjusment and the computing power stabilize then 576 blocks should be about 24 hs, but the first blocks will certainly be found in much less than 24hs. It's impossible to tell how long, because it depends on the computing power of the whole network, and little bit on luck too.
I'll be mining from the start with many PCs and you are encouraged to do that too because:
- You can set up your miners and go do something else instead of being constantly watching the number of blocks in order to see if it got to 576 or not
- It will make the launch more fair
- It will probably be only a few hours, not 24, at least 1 or 2, and definitely less than 10.

For reference, at minimum difficulty it takes about 5 hours for my i5 laptop to find a block. But I expect many VPSs to join, so everybody can do their guesstimates...

so close now...

I think the first difficulty adjustment ( 288 blocks) will be reached in a couple of minutes, then it all depends how well the adjustments works and how many peoples will join to the party after this. I have a feeling that we'll reach 576 very fast.
I'll also start mining from the very beginning.
Activity: 98
Thank you very much for your time and explanation!

I'd like to ask you how I can see my current balance and if I need to stop mining in order to view it.

Hey it's not a problem! When the coin is released pm me if you have any issues.

There's a way of setting up multiple windows but that's a little awkward to explain so the next best thing is to open another terminal after you've begun the mining, you can right click the title bar of Putty and click "Duplicate session" to do this easily, then just sign in with the same user as before.

Code:
cd riecoin/src
./riecoind getbalance

You can execute other commands here too, most of the ones found here I think https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list but I'm not sure of how to use the ones with arguments etc.

You don't have to stop mining to check your balance, using purely the daemon might not be ideal, but it's fine while you want to solo mine at the start I think.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Hi guys.  Just to get things straight. Is it true, I won't earn any reicoins mining until it hits block 576? Thanks in advance.
yes, so start mining after 576 Smiley
how to mine?
Activity: 645
Hi guys.  Just to get things straight. Is it true, I won't earn any reicoins mining until it hits block 576? Thanks in advance.

Thanks man. You just saved me money and time.  Smiley
Activity: 168
Activity: 645
Hi guys.  Just to get things straight. Is it true, I won't earn any riecoins mining until it hits block 576? Thanks in advance.
no, it wont take that long

because the first 288block will take 12 hours at one block for 2.5 minutes.
am i right?

thanks.

No. Because it doesn't take 2.5 minutes, the difficult retargets AFTER the first 288 blocks.

thanks i get it Smiley

am i right?

thanks.

No. Because it doesn't take 2.5 minutes, the difficult retargets AFTER the first 288 blocks.

am i right?

thanks.
hi everybody

i have a question about the  riecoin  reward block

since the Blocks every 2.5 minutes and Difficulty adjustments every 288 blocks (12hs)

then we will get a reward block at 576 block?

do that means we have to at least wait 288*2.5minutes=12hs  to wait the Difficulty adjustments

then after the difficulty adjustment we have to wait another 288 block to get a reward block?

so that means we have to wait at least 12hs to get a reward block?
can somebody answer me, thank you very much!
It wont take 12hrs, more likely block rewards start within a few hours.. cant say for sure anyways, depends on hash power. Diff starts from 0(?) so block time is a lot less than 2,5mins in the beginning

Wont be mining this until reward blocks start, useless to waste power with 0 reward

i mean it will take at least 12 hours to reach 576 block? am i right?
hi everybody

i have a question about the  riecoin  reward block

since the Blocks every 2.5 minutes and Difficulty adjustments every 288 blocks (12hs)

then we will get a reward block at 576 block?

do that means we have to at least wait 288*2.5minutes=12hs  to wait the Difficulty adjustments

then after the difficulty adjustment we have to wait another 288 block to get a reward block?

so that means we have to wait at least 12hs to get a reward block?
can somebody answer me, thank you very much!
It wont take 12hrs, more likely block rewards start within a few hours.. cant say for sure anyways, depends on hash power. Diff starts from 0(?) so block time is a lot less than 2,5mins in the beginning

Wont be mining this until reward blocks start, useless to waste power with 0 reward
I have a question:

Is there no reward for the first 24hr mining (the first 576blocks)?

If so, who is willing to mine in the first day ??

Am I wrong with sth?

Frist 576 blocks without reward, that's correct. However it's impossible to know how long will that take. Once the difficulty adjusment and the computing power stabilize then 576 blocks should be about 24 hs, but the first blocks will certainly be found in much less than 24hs. It's impossible to tell how long, because it depends on the computing power of the whole network, and little bit on luck too.
I'll be mining from the start with many PCs and you are encouraged to do that too because:
- You can set up your miners and go do something else instead of being constantly watching the number of blocks in order to see if it got to 576 or not
- It will make the launch more fair
- It will probably be only a few hours, not 24, at least 1 or 2, and definitely less than 10.

For reference, at minimum difficulty it takes about 5 hours for my i5 laptop to find a block. But I expect many VPSs to join, so everybody can do their guesstimates...

so close now...

does that means, the first reward block(576block), at least take 24 hours?
Jump to: