Author

Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record - page 307. (Read 684956 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
cloud mining tutorial......pleaaaaaaaaaase
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Cool coin idea, I'd be very interested in a solo- and especially cloud-mining guide !
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Please do the detailed solo mining guide if possible. I know how to solo mine but other people might not, and we don't want another elitist launch with people feeling deceived like with MaxCoin. A currency's value is in people's heads so you need to win those heads.
Activity: 468
Merit: 103
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
No pools-that's not so good to hear.Maybe it's possible that somebody makes one.
IMAO, no pools from the very beginning - it's not bad. Otherwise we'll have most hashpower concentrated on that pool and no possibility for solo miners. First days of any coin are very good for solo mining even with ordinary desktops
Activity: 672
Merit: 273
Can I use standard cgminer for this coin?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
No pools-that's not so good to hear.Maybe it's possible that somebody makes one.
Activity: 364
there will probably be no pools
Why no pools? Is it impossible to setup a pool?
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
Gatra, I'm really happy that you've finished your project!
As for me, the alt section of the forum is a place where I can find unique ideas, last ones were Primecoin, Datacoin, (maybe Protoshares - but not for me), and now Riecoin. I was waiting for it from the time when someone revealed some info about it (not you, maybe your friend?) and now - IT'S TIME TO ROCK!  Cheesy
Activity: 13
Ill be ready reeeeecoin
Activity: 1
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
Cant wait for this.
Doing my best to spread the Riecoin love on MCXNOW.

This coin has big potential.

Grin

Agree!

Ready? Let's go.....
Activity: 308
Well I will mine this when we get a GPU miner, best of luck.
Activity: 364
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
yipee, now this is something exciting. Smiley 13 hours from now should be around 4am my time sigh. but ill be up for this.
Activity: 583
Merit: 505
CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev
There's a countdown at riecoin.org, it's less than 14 hours from now.

I'll try to put up a mini mining guide, but it's basically the same as if you wanted to solo mine with CPU with any other coin.
there will probably be no pools, so the external miner should be pointed at the computer that runs the wallet - generally the same one so it's localhost or 127.0.0.1 - using the user and passwords that you choose and set in the file riecoin.conf

Probably YAC should have a very similar guide.
Activity: 34
Great job so far gatra!

Can you explain in some lenght how will I be able to mine solo from the start? (In command line, preferably?)
I never mined solo.. the help command from cpuminer seems to indicate that this program  is solely designed for pooled mining. Will the complete source generate a minerd variation that can be used to me through RPC?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I didn't try it this way, but if you remove the asserts for the genesis block in InitBlockIndex() and the obvious "assert( 0 );" then you should be able to generate the keys.

Sydney? I'm in GMT -3, so we must be in almost opposite time zones... yes, 14 hour difference... Smiley

How long until launch?
Activity: 583
Merit: 505
CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev
I didn't try it this way, but if you remove the asserts for the genesis block in InitBlockIndex() and the obvious "assert( 0 );" then you should be able to generate the keys.

Sydney? I'm in GMT -3, so we must be in almost opposite time zones... yes, 14 hour difference... Smiley
Jump to: