Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][RLT] Roulettecoin | POW | New algo | No premine | GPU miner - page 10. (Read 23250 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
I've got a python module ready for testing .. I'd just need a cpu/gpuminer with your algo implemented, let me know or pm me when you got something, so I can set up a pool.
Note that Roulettecoin has 88 bytes long block headers, there are two extra fields reserved for future use. They shall be set to 0 now. We created an initial unoptimized standalone cpuminer: https://github.com/roulettecoin/roulettecoin-cpuminer. During testing the miner we found a bug in wallet's getwork implementation that was preventing extra fields from being set to 0 when sending new work via RPC. It's fixed in current source, so anyone wanting to use getwork shall recompile. We'll make a new binary release later today.

Great, will you be compiling the stand alone miner as well?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I've got a python module ready for testing .. I'd just need a cpu/gpuminer with your algo implemented, let me know or pm me when you got something, so I can set up a pool.
Note that Roulettecoin has 88 bytes long block headers, there are two extra fields reserved for future use. They shall be set to 0 now. We created an initial unoptimized standalone cpuminer: https://github.com/roulettecoin/roulettecoin-cpuminer. During testing the miner we found a bug in wallet's getwork implementation that was preventing extra fields from being set to 0 when sending new work via RPC. It's fixed in current source, so anyone wanting to use getwork shall recompile. We'll make a new binary release later today.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
oh please.

Cute idea and it's going to make the GPU fun, but this is a bogus claim.

Process roughly 4096 keys at a time in 16 different workgroups, each working on a specific algorithm, shuffling the keys between them as they switch between rounds.  Requires a little more attention paid to global memory use because the keys are probably too big to fit in local, but there's nothing fundamentally hard about this coin.
Sorry, we don't get it, could you elaborate? Especially on how are you going to synchronize these workgroups and what do you mean by shuffling the keys between them? Shuffling like moving them around in a global memory? Or perhaps draw the general idea, a picture would make it more clear.

1. Have 16 regions of global memory, one per hash function to compute.  Each region can store, say, N keys.
2.  Define a function that groups keys by their low-order 4 bits using local memory, for a workgroup.  Call this put_keys_in_bins().
   The result of calling put_keys_in_bins is that all 256 of the keys computed by a workgroup will be placed into the appropriate regions of global memory.
3.  Compute a lot of sha512 hashes for a lot of keys and call put_keys_in_bins().
for i = 0; i < 16; i++ {  
   for algo = 0; algo < 16; algo++ {
     invoke hash_algo on bin[algo]
   put_keys_in_bins for all of those keys again.
   }
}

I'll stop doing your homework for you at this point.  There are plenty of GPU devs who could do this.  the choice of Echo makes it a little problematic for C&C to destroy this coin in a few days, but if anyone would like to place bets.... :-)

OK, we get it now. Looks promising, we will try to apply this optimization in a GPU miner.

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
interesting.
lets wait and see how long it takes before a gpuminer come up.
oh please.

Process roughly 4096 keys at a time in 16 different workgroups, each working on a specific algorithm, shuffling the keys between them as they switch between rounds.  Requires a little more attention paid to global memory use because the keys are probably too big to fit in local, but there's nothing fundamentally hard about this coin.
Sorry, we don't get it, could you elaborate? Especially on how are you going to synchronize these workgroups and what do you mean by shuffling the keys between them? Shuffling like moving them around in a global memory? Or perhaps draw the general idea, a picture would make it more clear.

1. Have 16 regions of global memory, one per hash function to compute.  Each region can store, say, N keys.
2.  Define a function that groups keys by their low-order 4 bits using local memory, for a workgroup.  Call this put_keys_in_bins().
   The result of calling put_keys_in_bins is that all 256 of the keys computed by a workgroup will be placed into the appropriate regions of global memory.
3.  Compute a lot of sha512 hashes for a lot of keys and call put_keys_in_bins().
for i = 0; i < 16; i++ {  
   }
}

I'll stop doing your homework for you at this point.  There are plenty of GPU devs who could do this.  the choice of Echo makes it a little problematic for C&C to destroy this coin in a few days, but if anyone would like to place bets.... :-)

OK, we get it now. Looks promising, we will try to apply this optimization in a GPU miner.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Well I managed to mine 3700RLT on a first gen Core i7 before the difficulty jumped. Not too bad, thats 74 blocks. That instamine was fun, thanks devs.

beat my ivy i5
legendary
Well I managed to mine 3700RLT on a first gen Core i7 before the difficulty jumped. Not too bad, thats 74 blocks. That instamine was fun, thanks devs.

dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
oh please.

Process roughly 4096 keys at a time in 16 different workgroups, each working on a specific algorithm, shuffling the keys between them as they switch between rounds.  Requires a little more attention paid to global memory use because the keys are probably too big to fit in local, but there's nothing fundamentally hard about this coin.

1. Have 16 regions of global memory, one per hash function to compute.  Each region can store, say, N keys.
2.  Define a function that groups keys by their low-order 4 bits using local memory, for a workgroup.  Call this put_keys_in_bins().
3.  Compute a lot of sha512 hashes for a lot of keys and call put_keys_in_bins().
for i = 0; i < 16; i++ { 
   }
}

I'll stop doing your homework for you at this point.  There are plenty of GPU devs who could do this.  the choice of Echo makes it a little problematic for C&C to destroy this coin in a few days, but if anyone would like to place bets.... :-)
oh please.

Process roughly 4096 keys at a time in 16 different workgroups, each working on a specific algorithm, shuffling the keys between them as they switch between rounds.  Requires a little more attention paid to global memory use because the keys are probably too big to fit in local, but there's nothing fundamentally hard about this coin.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Mining with the wallet on the same rig mining another scrypt coin lowers my cgminer hashrate by almost 50%. This doesn't happen with any other coin I mine using a standalone CPU miner.

Thats what I'm doing. I have one wallet on each of my rigs and one on this computer.  Grin To fix the 50% problem just mine with 1 less CPU thread.

How do you change threadcount on the wallet debug window?

setgenerate true 4 or whatever amount of cores you have.

Thanks that worked. I use gen=1 in the wallet conf to automatically start mining. Is the any way to set the number pf cores automatically using the wallet conf file?

Yup, that one is easy too. genproclimit=4

Thanks. I'm mining on a dual-core rig. Mining with standalone cpu miners I can run the -t 3 setting without affecting the hash of another coin using cgminer. Mining with the wallet I can only set it to 1 without lowering the hash of the other coin so i'm guessing you can only set the number of cores when mining with the wallet, not the number of cpu threads (2 threads per cpu core) like you can with a standalone cpu miner.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
sorry won't mine a so called cpu only coin, made by a gpu miner dev.  Grin
(who will release a bad gpu version while keeping for him the good... may-be not true but there is always a risk..)

legendary
Mining with the wallet on the same rig mining another scrypt coin lowers my cgminer hashrate by almost 50%. This doesn't happen with any other coin I mine using a standalone CPU miner.

Thats what I'm doing. I have one wallet on each of my rigs and one on this computer.  Grin To fix the 50% problem just mine with 1 less CPU thread.

Thanks that worked. I use gen=1 in the wallet conf to automatically start mining. Is the any way to set the number pf cores automatically using the wallet conf file?

Yup, that one is easy too. genproclimit=4

Are you jackpot coin dev ?
No, this is our first coin release ever.

Thats what I'm doing. I have one wallet on each of my rigs and one on this computer.  Grin To fix the 50% problem just mine with 1 less CPU thread.

Thanks that worked. I use gen=1 in the wallet conf to automatically start mining without launching the wallet debug console. Is there a  way to set the number pf cores automatically using the wallet conf file?
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
hmm and whats the use - innovation - general idea ?
thanks but no thanks!
We felt sorry for CPU miners after creating so versatile GPU miner for CPU-only coins, so now we created a (hopefully) true CPU-only coin.

oh please.

legendary

Thats what I'm doing. I have one wallet on each of my rigs and one on this computer.  Grin To fix the 50% problem just mine with 1 less CPU thread.

Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

legendary

Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

Algorithm details:
Roulettecoin uses custom designed randomized algorithm:
  • first block is hashed with sha2
  • then 16 rounds of hashing are performed, each round with randomly chosen algorithm from the set of 16 hashing algorithms: blake bmw cubehash echo fugue groestl hamsi jh keccak luffa sha2 shabal shavite simd skein whirlpool
  • for each nonce value combination of algorithms is different, there are 16^16 = 18446744073709551616 possible combinations overall. Therefore it's not possible to use SIMD advantage of GPUs, because each GPU core would have to compute different instruction flow.
  • It's possible to optimize GPU miner by computing all algorithms for each round (then GPU can use its SIMD advantage), but resulting miner is still slower than CPU miner.

Did you people read this? How is this innovation not getting any more attention?Cheesy

Or are people just mining it in stealth so they can gain most of the coins for themselves?
Pages:
Jump to: