Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 76. (Read 107961 times)

Activity: 250
Merit: 100
Crypto Developer
My wallet was resync'ing from 9 weeks ago after I restart the wallet.
Checked the explorer and see there are 2 transactions from block 37342 to 37345.
Is it normal?
https://roi-coin-blockexplorer.roi-coin.com/

I am not sure I understand what you mean, can you open a github issue and shows us what you mean ?
https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/issues

Crypto Developer
have anyone tried mining this with macbook retina?

Hi , yes SepLite created hodlminer for the mac based on my source code ( https://github.com/ghobson2013/hodlminer-wolf )
I am waiting for him to share the binaries and source code back with me.

As soon as I have it , I will share the link to it.

Regards,

Activity: 446
Merit: 105
My wallet was resync'ing from 9 weeks ago after I restart the wallet.
Checked the explorer and see there are 2 transactions from block 37342 to 37345.
Is it normal?
https://roi-coin-blockexplorer.roi-coin.com/
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
Seems to be that CoinMarkets is up and going again!  Smiley
People are having trouble logging in so there are a few problems to work out with it.

https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-BTC-ROI.htm

yes CM is working on their migration.

I would recommend NOT logging in if they do not have SSL running.

If you don't get the secure lock on your browser be very careful putting your login info in there...
Activity: 770
Merit: 264

Not that I am aware of but the good news is that a 3rd party miner for MAC is now going to be an option for ROI coin.

Get with Gary Hobson at Slack or Github if you want more details...
Activity: 284
Merit: 101
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
Seems to be that CoinMarkets is up and going again!  Smiley
People are having trouble logging in so there are a few problems to work out with it.

https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-BTC-ROI.htm
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi,

I check my wallet address in the block explorer and it shows my balance is 120.00000000 but in my wallet shows 0.44390217!

Are there any issues in block explorer or wallet that plan to be fixed in the future update?

Hi ,

Mined blocks require 360 confirmations before they show up as available in your wallet.

thanks for your quick respond, ghobson.

I solo mining with wallet miner last week during pool down time, and in my wallet don't show any pending coin so i think there is an issue in one of them for calculating the balance.
Crypto Developer
Hi,

I check my wallet address in the block explorer and it shows my balance is 120.00000000 but in my wallet shows 0.44390217!

Are there any issues in block explorer or wallet that plan to be fixed in the future update?

Hi ,

Mined blocks require 360 confirmations before they show up as available in your wallet.
Activity: 3
Hi,

Activity: 31
Hello Developer,
Now you no have ROI coin Wallet For Windows 32 Bit? I have an old one but you write that you need to update it? Will the purse no longer work?

you can install new wallet and put old wallet.dat to appdata/roaming/roi
Activity: 392
Hello Developer,
Now you no have ROI coin Wallet For Windows 32 Bit? I have an old one but you write that you need to update it? Will the purse no longer work?
Crypto Developer
@ghobson: I can confirm cpuminer - same problems as junktroep reported

Hi,

Thanks for confirming.
Do you mind trying out this version, i added a patch for the "bad coinbase height" error.
https://github.com/ghobson2013/hodlminer-wolf
I put ubuntu binary in the releases section see v2.4.4

Thanks.

I was running this version of the miner, hodlminer-orava2017v2.
Any chance you could compile a windows binary? I would be happy to test if it is working properly.

Sadly orava hasn't released the source code this is based on. which binary in the bundle are you using ?,
i will try and see what it takes to build a windows binary.

I was using the hodlminer-avx2.exe inside the orava bundle

Hi,

After a lot of digging , combining work from wolf/optiminer and nicehash, I managed to find a working version,
please try the following for me,
warning: This is my first time compiling a mining tool for windows.

https://github.com/ghobson2013/hodlminer-wolf/releases/download/v2.4.4/hodlminer_AVX2_AES_win64.zip

Hi Ghobson,

You are a true wizzard.
I downloaded the release you made and booted up the miners.
And low and behold if found a block, and accepted it!

[2018-01-08 09:33:44] accepted: 1/1 (100.00%), 757.30 hash/s (yay!!!)

And it appeared in my wallet as mined!

Thanks a lot for figurring this out.
And sorry I have not tested it earlier!

Your welcome, it was a bug in BIP34 that only occurs on block height 32k->65k, credits goes to Lemoncoin dev who figured it out Wink
Activity: 26
@ghobson: I can confirm cpuminer - same problems as junktroep reported

Hi,

Thanks for confirming.
Do you mind trying out this version, i added a patch for the "bad coinbase height" error.
https://github.com/ghobson2013/hodlminer-wolf
I put ubuntu binary in the releases section see v2.4.4

Thanks.

I was running this version of the miner, hodlminer-orava2017v2.
Any chance you could compile a windows binary? I would be happy to test if it is working properly.

Sadly orava hasn't released the source code this is based on. which binary in the bundle are you using ?,
i will try and see what it takes to build a windows binary.

I was using the hodlminer-avx2.exe inside the orava bundle

Hi,

After a lot of digging , combining work from wolf/optiminer and nicehash, I managed to find a working version,
please try the following for me,
warning: This is my first time compiling a mining tool for windows.

https://github.com/ghobson2013/hodlminer-wolf/releases/download/v2.4.4/hodlminer_AVX2_AES_win64.zip

Hi Ghobson,

You are a true wizzard.
I downloaded the release you made and booted up the miners.
And low and behold if found a block, and accepted it!

[2018-01-08 09:33:44] accepted: 1/1 (100.00%), 757.30 hash/s (yay!!!)

And it appeared in my wallet as mined!

Thanks a lot for figurring this out.
And sorry I have not tested it earlier!

Activity: 378
Question for devs

Why not limit TD to 6 months max, I don't see the advantage of locking coins so long, it's look like it freezing the level of exchange... in which way it make the coins more valuable?

There is no max time to lock coins for. You can lock them for 9999999999 months if you like. But it will only pay intrest for 12 of them months.

I think it is a good thing to lock coins for 1 year and get more APR much like my bank accounts only pay APR after 365 days.

If you have 100,000 coins and you lock them for x amount of apr you get more when they unlock and stop the market getting flooded. Because them who mine the hell in to it now can keep seeing a good ROI from the coin later.

Them who mine the coin later when the network hash is crazy high and can only get lets say 1 coin a day can mine and deposet it and get 7 coins + 15 % apr for locking 1 coin for 12 months. And there for get a good ROI on the coin/s they have.

The coin is made to be simple. And most investers big and small understand that if they put £3000 in a ISA for a year they will get back 2-5% APR depending on the bank there with.

Roi coin keeps things simple but with better APR.

Dont think for one min that there will be users out there who have put 100k coins in ROI for 12 months to dump 700k when they unlock. I myself have alot of coins and add to them each day putting them in on a 12 month term. When my 1st ROI unlocks that will be 125k coins. Will I dump them? NOPE I be keeping them and putting them back in even if the APR at the time is 5% I will be putting them back in for another 12 months. If there was a 5 year term I would be using that too.

In a year I and others who have put time in to mining the coin now will have alot of coins. But I for one will not be dumping them. Even if they hit $5 a coin I will not be dumping them.

So you see in having a TD of 12 months it keeps them coins off the market but also gives the holder of the coins chance to make more coins without mining. Thus giving the holder a ROI.

This is just my out look. Others may differ Cheesy

Raster.
Very optimistic, I liked this point zraneyiya, especially about 5 bucks for a coin Smiley.
I ask advice if I have a small number of coins, it is better to deposit everything at once, or put them in parts?
Activity: 391
Merit: 14
Question for devs

Why not limit TD to 6 months max, I don't see the advantage of locking coins so long, it's look like it freezing the level of exchange... in which way it make the coins more valuable?

There is no max time to lock coins for. You can lock them for 9999999999 months if you like. But it will only pay intrest for 12 of them months.

I think it is a good thing to lock coins for 1 year and get more APR much like my bank accounts only pay APR after 365 days.

If you have 100,000 coins and you lock them for x amount of apr you get more when they unlock and stop the market getting flooded. Because them who mine the hell in to it now can keep seeing a good ROI from the coin later.

Them who mine the coin later when the network hash is crazy high and can only get lets say 1 coin a day can mine and deposet it and get 7 coins + 15 % apr for locking 1 coin for 12 months. And there for get a good ROI on the coin/s they have.

The coin is made to be simple. And most investers big and small understand that if they put £3000 in a ISA for a year they will get back 2-5% APR depending on the bank there with.

Roi coin keeps things simple but with better APR.

Dont think for one min that there will be users out there who have put 100k coins in ROI for 12 months to dump 700k when they unlock. I myself have alot of coins and add to them each day putting them in on a 12 month term. When my 1st ROI unlocks that will be 125k coins. Will I dump them? NOPE I be keeping them and putting them back in even if the APR at the time is 5% I will be putting them back in for another 12 months. If there was a 5 year term I would be using that too.

In a year I and others who have put time in to mining the coin now will have alot of coins. But I for one will not be dumping them. Even if they hit $5 a coin I will not be dumping them.

So you see in having a TD of 12 months it keeps them coins off the market but also gives the holder of the coins chance to make more coins without mining. Thus giving the holder a ROI.

This is just my out look. Others may differ Cheesy

Raster.
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Hello World!
Question for devs

Activity: 391
Merit: 14
Hello! I think I've missed if we are going to be listed in some other exchanges too.. are we going somewhere else?

As far as I am to understand they have payed for https://yobit.net/en/ and was waiting on the fork at block 25000 befor putting it on there. However just after the fork there was a 2nd fork due to some wallet bug. I think they are waiting to see if things are good with the block chain given the end fork was not something that was exspected.

The team have been infront with things in regards to the road map, And it says payed market push and new exchange Q1 (Jan-Feb-March).
We are but 7 days in to Q1 with 83 days of Q1 to go. So there is time for them to compleate Q1 of the ROI coin RoadMap yet Cheesy

The coin is doing well, The coin has a very very good team of devs who are not just copy and paste masters who take a wallet and blockchain and re-lable it. They are a team who can code and fix bugs within the wallet,chain and nodes. This is something all coins need and not all coins have. I like alot of other miners have spent time and money mining coins that looked very good on the whitepaper and road map but then hit a problem and comes to a dead end. This team know there $h!7 Cheesy when it comes to the things that matter and they take the time to interact with the community and find out what can be improved on and what needs to be changed and the community of miners here are all in it to support each other.

Its nice to be a part of this coin and the community that makes the coin what it is. When someone posts a Q it is not long befor it gets a A.

Regards,

Raster.
Activity: 53
Merit: 5
Hello! I think I've missed if we are going to be listed in some other exchanges too.. are we going somewhere else?
Activity: 57
1.1.3 is only for system admins you don't need it
Pages:
Jump to: