Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SBC] StableCoin ¦¦ A new breed of cryptocurrency ¦¦ v1.2 RELEASED - page 25. (Read 102751 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

I'm glad you like it!

With regard to Getwork w/LP, if you want it you've got it.  Grin  I'll add a Getwork port tonight and post on the main pool thread once it's operational.

Thanks for mining with us!

Before you add the Getwork port what is the current difficulty for SBC? Oh, you can ignore my email asking you the same thing Smiley
[/quote]

The current Share Difficulty is 60 or 61 (I don't remember which), the current network difficulty is    0.96138894

Do you feel that you were underpaid ?
not atall. my only small gripe is i have no idea when all my submitted shares have been paid
eg on the stc pool i can see all my submitted shares that have yet to be paid and when this is 0 i can be sure that when withdrawing the balance that will be the total i have mined

I understand.  Let me see what I can come up with.
Activity: 708
Merit: 500
Yeah, using coinminer P2P pool as well. Just gonna stop. We are definitely getting screwed on these transactions.

what is the problem with my pool?

It works perfectly well
3rd EDIT
Feeleep is online but hasn't responded to my PM. I'm pulling my miners and going elsewhere until my account is properly credited for the the shares I've mined, which looks like every single one going back thru my transaction history. I'd recommend avoiding this pool until the issue is resolved, which is kind of a pity because the only other pushpool listed in post #2 of this thread is closed to registrations. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with the other pool.  I would like to open registrations on mine, but unfortunately the network hash rate has dropped to the point that even though my pool has dropped to 40MH/s at the moment we are still more than 45% of the network.

Registrations will automatically unlock when the network hash has increased such that we are less than the limit of 45% of total network hash.

Given all the troubles that FTC encountered yesterday it's more obvious than ever how important it is to keep any one pool from taking too much of the network hash and that sort of thing is why the automatic limit was instituted in the first place.

I really expected there would be more good pools to use by this point.

The only other option that I have would be to open a new and entirely separate pool for SBC in addition to my regular one, which I really wasn't planning on doing, but it wouldn't be difficult.

Thoughts ?

http://silverwolf.ath.cx/sbc
you misunderstand what a 51% attack is, it does not require 51% of the network, nor does 51% of the network ensure success. Such an attack is possible with 40% or even 30% of the network. Its likelihood of success is just relative to the percentage. Thus there is really no reason to shut registration on your pool

I appreciate your input here.  I know you are a coin developer and you know the ins and outs of coin development far better than myself.

Strictly speaking perhaps I don't have to cap registrations at 45%, but I still don't think it's particularly good idea for the coin to have so much of the entire network running through only one pool.

Since we have differing opinions in this matter I will ask the advise off the SBC developers and see what they want me to do.

Can a developer chime in here ?  Should I leave the cap at 45% or should I raise it ?

Activity: 543
Merit: 250
I have a very good stable 24/7 pool up and running. I'm finding at least a few blocks per hour!

go to
86.22.130.144:9119
to see stats Smiley

1% Fee
100Meg Line
Server specs
i7-3820
8GB ECC DDR RAM
SSD HDD
Doing nothing my serving my P2Pool!!

It's a P2pool so put your wallet address as your username and x as the password.

I'm sitting on a nice chunk of coins now so I'll tell you what.
I will give 25 Stablecoins each within 1 hour to the first 4 people to join my pool!!

Come on guys!

Nobody wants free coins?
Activity: 69
I wash hashing away first 2 days.. now i realy just hope for the coin to suceed (nope, not my primary goal).

Silverwolf, if you share your code (from start to end) for a noob, i will turn a full time pool, so people can reigster to it. i promise to keep it 1% and thats about it.
(I am the one that hashed at your pool alot Cheesy)

drop a mail if you willing, if you not then I wont hold you under the gun Cheesy you have my mail in your pool reg.
Activity: 252
Do you feel that you were underpaid ?
not atall. my only small gripe is i have no idea when all my submitted shares have been paid
eg on the stc pool i can see all my submitted shares that have yet to be paid and when this is 0 i can be sure that when withdrawing the balance that will be the total i have mined
Activity: 439

I'm glad you like it!

With regard to Getwork w/LP, if you want it you've got it.  Grin  I'll add a Getwork port tonight and post on the main pool thread once it's operational.

[/quote]

Before you add the Getwork port what is the current difficulty for SBC? Oh, you can ignore my email asking you the same thing Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Yeah, using coinminer P2P pool as well. Just gonna stop. We are definitely getting screwed on these transactions.

what is the problem with my pool?
@revilo how about a real address for the pool? That ip is teh suck

I was able to register on Silverwolf's pool a while ago and have been mining there ever since with the expected payout for my hashrate. Nice job with the pool!

Yeah Silverwolf rules. He knows how to make pools. I just hope at some point Long polling is added.

I'm glad you like it!

been on silverwolf.ath.cx/sbc for an hour and theres is good hashing power so rounds are quicker but per payout is 0.01
unpaid shares are not shown

Hello, I'm not really clear about what your saying here.  The payout is dynamically calculated by the PPLNS system based upon the current (also dynamic and properly calculated based upon the current network difficulty and share difficulty) lastNshares value and how many valid shares you had at the time the block was found.

My PPLNS Status Display ensures 100% transparency.  It shows the current status of the PPLNS payout system which would be applied if a block is found at the current moment.  In my opinion it is the most accurate & clear PPLNS Payout system that I have seen on any pool to date.  Being a miner myself I have spent weeks developing the PPLNS code that we use to implement it in this way.  It is the exact same system in place on all of my active pools now.

When you start mining, you can actually watch yourself moving up the ranks of the PPLNS Payout system as you fill up to your full payout (It doesn't take very long at all).  I have to admit I find it very cool.

I haven't had a single complaint about anyone being underpaid yet using this system.  From any of my pools.

Do you feel that you were underpaid ?  If you do I can do some research for you and let you know the results.  Just Let me know if you need me to and what your username on the pool was.

I would also welcome any other suggestions you might have for improving the system.

Thank you.

I was able to register on Silverwolf's pool a while ago and have been mining there ever since with the expected payout for my hashrate. Nice job with the pool!

Yeah Silverwolf rules. He knows how to make pools. I just hope at some point Long polling is added.
@revilo how about a real address for the pool? That ip is teh suck
Activity: 87
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
3rd EDIT
Feeleep is online but hasn't responded to my PM. I'm pulling my miners and going elsewhere until my account is properly credited for the the shares I've mined, which looks like every single one going back thru my transaction history. I'd recommend avoiding this pool until the issue is resolved, which is kind of a pity because the only other pushpool listed in post #2 of this thread is closed to registrations. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with the other pool.  I would like to open registrations on mine, but unfortunately the network hash rate has dropped to the point that even though my pool has dropped to 40MH/s at the moment we are still more than 45% of the network.

Registrations will automatically unlock when the network hash has increased such that we are less than the limit of 45% of total network hash.

Given all the troubles that FTC encountered yesterday it's more obvious than ever how important it is to keep any one pool from taking too much of the network hash and that sort of thing is why the automatic limit was instituted in the first place.

The only other option that I have would be to open a new and entirely separate pool for SBC in addition to my regular one, which I really wasn't planning on doing, but it wouldn't be difficult.

Thoughts ?

you misunderstand what a 51% attack is, it does not require 51% of the network, nor does 51% of the network ensure success. Such an attack is possible with 40% or even 30% of the network. Its likelihood of success is just relative to the percentage. Thus there is really no reason to shut registration on your pool
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
GPUDude
I have withdrawn my stablecoin pool due to lack of interest. Should interest arise again I'd be more than happy to set one up.

I have a very good stable 24/7 pool up and running. I'm finding at least a few blocks per hour!

go to
to see stats Smiley

1% Fee
100Meg Line
Server specs
i7-3820
8GB ECC DDR RAM
SSD HDD
Doing nothing my serving my P2Pool!!

It's a P2pool so put your wallet address as your username and x as the password.

I'm sitting on a nice chunk of coins now so I'll tell you what.
I will give 25 Stablecoins each within 1 hour to the first 4 people to join my pool!!

Come on guys!
install from Linux terminal?

Am I reading Silverwolf pool incorrectly? Looks like Stratum only
3rd EDIT

Thoughts ?

Pages:
Jump to: