Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 111. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 08, 2014, 01:53:23 AM
we're smooth sailing now  Cheesy
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
October 08, 2014, 01:50:45 AM
Awesome job dev. You nailed it!

The bittrex wallet is live!

[edit]

When a dev works out a rescue like this, you know the coin is going to be good.

Man, I know how to pick'em.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
October 08, 2014, 01:45:20 AM
If I had to take a flying guess I'd say we're looking at a final tally of 800 seed. But that is just a guess.

Just the thought of getting my virtual hands on more than one of a coin that is rarer than Bitcoin is exciting. The possibility of those few growing to several thousand of said coin that is still scarcer than Bitcoin is... really, really exciting.

We're about halfway through the mining phase. I hope everything goes well this week and next.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 08, 2014, 01:38:16 AM
Stakers will be happy to know that there are currently 21 fewer coins on the network than there would be without staking.

Current moneysupply: 507.56542418
Supply w/o staking:    538.56

That means there's been 210 staked blocks approved on the network.

With that kind of scarcity SEED ought to trade for way more than one BTC each. I imagine as we get closer to the week of growth it will be harder to pick them up on the exchange as people will be moving SEED to their QT clients to take advantage of the 269 percent growth.

If I had to take a flying guess I'd say we're looking at a final tally of 800 seed. But that is just a guess.
legendary
October 08, 2014, 01:27:05 AM
Stakers will be happy to know that there are currently 21 fewer coins on the network than there would be without staking.

With that kind of scarcity SEED ought to trade for way more than one BTC each. I imagine as we get closer to the week of growth it will be harder to pick them up on the exchange as people will be moving SEED to their QT clients to take advantage of the 269 percent growth.
Activity: 882
Merit: 502
October 08, 2014, 01:23:02 AM
Just got my first staking reward. Yay! Of course it's tiny because we're only at 1 percent. That was a GREAT idea to have staking functionality well before the big week of growth. That way we can all go into that week with the confidence that things are working as they should be Smiley

And because the more staked means less total coins... STAKE PEOPLE! lol

legendary
October 08, 2014, 01:21:24 AM
Just got my first staking reward. Yay! Of course it's tiny because we're only at 1 percent. That was a GREAT idea to have staking functionality well before the big week of growth. That way we can all go into that week with the confidence that things are working as they should be Smiley

Well, I'm definitely not dumping!

But if y'all want to stake less and allow me to mine more out, then I'm not going to complain Wink
Activity: 168
October 08, 2014, 01:12:15 AM

Activity: 34
October 08, 2014, 01:09:04 AM
Nope. I got a warning that it could be malware. I temporarily disabled Chrome's anti-phishing and malware feature to download it. Just double check the link that it is the same one as provided officially here.

am i the only one getting a warning from my browser when trying to download the wallet Huh!

thank you. i'm using the link in the top of the thread. why the warning tough? not like other times...
legendary
October 08, 2014, 01:07:43 AM
legendary
October 08, 2014, 01:02:56 AM
Nope. I got a warning that it could be malware. I temporarily disabled Chrome's anti-phishing and malware feature to download it. Just double check the link that it is the same one as provided officially here.

am i the only one getting a warning from my browser when trying to download the wallet Huh!
Activity: 34
October 08, 2014, 01:00:32 AM
legendary
October 08, 2014, 12:58:28 AM
That reminds me so much of how I felt when I was getting into NXT (100% POS) early on. Just when I thought everything was working... it wasn't.

I'm not sure exactly what your technical issue is, but the main thing to make sure is that you have the updated wallet (see link on first page of this thread). Then if you go back to page 36 or so there is a message from Cryptzo with instructions for how to force the wallet to match the current block.

Try those two things. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the client (deleting everything but wallet.dat). Just make sure that you back up your wallet.dat file if you have any coins in your wallet, then install your client in the same location as before. It may just need a fresh start.

Hang in there Smiley

Every time I post that my wallet now works and everything seems to be staking as it should, I soon find out I was wrong.  I don't even know what it is going on anymore.
Activity: 5
October 08, 2014, 12:56:45 AM
no synx my wallet!!!!!!
Activity: 29
October 08, 2014, 12:50:15 AM
Every time I post that my wallet now works and everything seems to be staking as it should, I soon find out I was wrong.  I don't even know what it is going on anymore.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
October 08, 2014, 12:45:11 AM
should I be concerned that my coins are still immature?  I have the 1.0.2.0 and synced up to the current block per the crawler and my coins were deposited into the original wallet as of saturday after the launch and have not moved since (yes wallet is unlocked)
legendary
October 08, 2014, 12:37:58 AM
Going offline wont let you stake, but it wont stop you from accumulating weight. So there's no need to worry about that. I just staked with 7 weight. A lot of staked blocks are entering the network now.

This was me testing the network with a very tiny amount (0.0003). Granted, I'd had them since the ICO, but they staked and confirmed without issue. POW and POS blocks are going fine now.

http://www.argakiig.us/blockchain/seed/index.php?block_hash=ae0bc9c63021b08c4942732fb343e05bb3b91b216d5b24fa99db3c9a3d9eba73

Thanks Cryptzo. My wallet was offline for about a half hour. When I got it back online I see that my weight is now 2 and network weight is 22, with 11 minutes to go for reward (though I realize that's just an estimate which can change each block). Looks to me to be on the right track. I bet things will look rosier in the morning too. I hope you had a good rest.
October 08, 2014, 12:31:11 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/21yccfxu0njdxid/seedcoin-qt.zip?dl=0

New wallet should have no trouble syncing. Please delete everything in %appdata%/seedcoin except for your wallet.dat and sync up.

Github is updated with the new code. Please EVERYONE update. This code includes a fix that stops old blocks from being invalidated - but for those of you on the correct chain otherwise has no effect moving forward.

I know what happened, this issue can't happen again. Will explain in a later post.

This one downloaded without issue for me after 1.0.1.0 gave me some trouble.  Now on 1.0.2.0 hopefully everything goes smooth from here!

It should. The changes I made protect against this issue happening again.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
October 08, 2014, 12:02:40 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/21yccfxu0njdxid/seedcoin-qt.zip?dl=0

New wallet should have no trouble syncing. Please delete everything in %appdata%/seedcoin except for your wallet.dat and sync up.

Github is updated with the new code. Please EVERYONE update. This code includes a fix that stops old blocks from being invalidated - but for those of you on the correct chain otherwise has no effect moving forward.

I know what happened, this issue can't happen again. Will explain in a later post.

This one downloaded without issue for me after 1.0.1.0 gave me some trouble.  Now on 1.0.2.0 hopefully everything goes smooth from here!
Jump to: