Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 117. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
October 07, 2014, 12:33:44 PM
Do you have contact with all the pools too? They would have to update to your fork as well--at least this week Smiley

They'll update if a good working fork is posted and the exchange takes it.

OK. Well, I think it's the community which makes a coin strong, and we're seeing it here. Hopefully your patch will get applied before the potential for conflict arises. I'm guessing Cryptzo has a lot on his plate right now and when he sees it will very gladly check it off his long to do list and give you full credit. At least, that's what I would do if it were me (and you were right about the need for the patch--which I lack the technical know-how to be able to determine on my own).

Anyway, I like coins where the wallets don't blow up every few days or so. Been there, done that with NXT, but it's all working great now and even going places.

A lot of the best coins have shitty early times. If you want a perfectly functioning wallet early on, you need a perfect clone. But perfect clones have no innovation.

The way to judge a coin is not just what the community does, but take a look at how the dev handles the early difficulties.

I hope cryptzo pulls through.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
October 07, 2014, 12:30:19 PM
Do you have contact with all the pools too? They would have to update to your fork as well--at least this week Smiley

OK. Well, I think it's the community which makes a coin strong, and we're seeing it here. Hopefully your patch will get applied before the potential for conflict arises. I'm guessing Cryptzo has a lot on his plate right now and when he sees it will very gladly check it off his long to do list and give you full credit. At least, that's what I would do if it were me (and you were right about the need for the patch--which I lack the technical know-how to be able to determine on my own).

Anyway, I like coins where the wallets don't blow up every few days or so. Been there, done that with NXT, but it's all working great now and even going places.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
October 07, 2014, 12:27:04 PM
Can anybody point me to a working block explorer for this coin? I cant seem to find it Sad

EDIT: And I still haven't received the ipo coins, starting to piss me off.
October 07, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

legendary
October 07, 2014, 12:22:25 PM
ok i restart the wallet with a new config but now the wallet does not sync anymore

anyone have more suggestions to fix ?

I sent cryptzo a fix. Hopefully he checks it out.

I've helped with this exact problem in other coins.

tanx , my wallet is pending between sync and not sync , but the coin that are in stake now , they stay stuck at 1 confirmation so i hope i can use my seedcoins as the way it is meant to

I have bought a lot of seed. It's going to suck if he doesn't fix this problem because of pride or something. I'm starting to get that feeling. I've worked with a lot of developers on coins.

If the network is still deteriorating in 10 or so hours, I'll offer a community fork. I know the bittrex people. They'll update to my fork in a heartbeat.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but if you did that, would you also provide an updated version of the QT client and would it do the staking thing as advertised?

I would.

October 07, 2014, 12:21:00 PM
ok i restart the wallet with a new config but now the wallet does not sync anymore

tanx , my wallet is pending between sync and not sync , but the coin that are in stake now , they stay stuck at 1 confirmation so i hope i can use my seedcoins as the way it is meant to

I have bought a lot of seed. It's going to suck if he doesn't fix this problem because of pride or something. I'm starting to get that feeling. I've worked with a lot of developers on coins.

If the network is still deteriorating in 10 or so hours, I'll offer a community fork. I know the bittrex people. They'll update to my fork in a heartbeat.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but if you did that, would you also provide an updated version of the QT client and would it do the staking thing as advertised?

I would.

[edit]

I'm just here to protect my investment. If these problems get fixed, I'll step aside and do what I love to do for coins: bounce trolls.

[edit2]

I'm not here for glory either. cryptzo can take my patch and claim he wrote it and I won't care at all. I'm here for my investment. Period.
legendary
October 07, 2014, 12:20:30 PM

October 07, 2014, 12:15:09 PM

Activity: 504
Bitcoin is getting bigcoin
October 07, 2014, 12:12:32 PM

October 07, 2014, 12:09:39 PM
This is what I sent cryptzo about this buggy mandatory update.

Seedcoin's latest mandatory update is a ticking time bomb. When PoS weight changes, the current wallet will no longer accept the old historical blockchain.

The patch I sent him addresses this issue.

[edit]

I'm starting to hope cryptzo is not one of these "proud" developers who doesn't look at what others offer.
October 07, 2014, 12:08:35 PM

Seedcoin's latest mandatory update is a ticking time bomb. When PoS weight changes, the current wallet will no longer accept the old historical blockchain. This could cause just minor issues like wallet not syncing, but it may also allow a malicious actor to orphan every PoS block minted and not checkpointed, since the wallet will no longer see the proper blockchain as valid.

You need to use blocktime or something, not GetTime. SEED should have future time drift protection for blocktimes, so they can only set their clock ahead by like 2 hours or 15 minutes or something like that and their blocks still be valid

As an aside, this is why you should use block height, instead of a time for forking.. it makes issues like these never even possible

To fork in the future, it's actually best to use block time (edit: of the best block). But yeah, grabbing the system time is not a good approach.
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mmmmmm
October 07, 2014, 12:04:44 PM

Seedcoin's latest mandatory update is a ticking time bomb. When PoS weight changes, the current wallet will no longer accept the old historical blockchain. This could cause just minor issues like wallet not syncing, but it may also allow a malicious actor to orphan every PoS block minted and not checkpointed, since the wallet will no longer see the proper blockchain as valid.

You need to use blocktime or something, not GetTime. SEED should have future time drift protection for blocktimes, so they can only set their clock ahead by like 2 hours or 15 minutes or something like that and their blocks still be valid

As an aside, this is why you should use block height, instead of a time for forking.. it makes issues like these never even possible
October 07, 2014, 11:57:41 AM

October 07, 2014, 11:56:13 AM

cryptzo: check your messages on this forum

I sent you something to address the network problems. Please give it a look.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 07, 2014, 11:55:59 AM
It's important to understand, your ability to stake works in 24 hour periods, it's time based. 1440 blocks is just the number of blocks that there is expected to be in a 24 hour period of time. If 1440 blocks go by in 20 hours, people that staked early will still have to wait another 4 hours before they can stake again. The staking system is all clock time based, but the growth period is implemented in block time. All staking coins behave that way. In truth, the growth period is just a really, really high interest staking period. Insanely high. That's why there had to be so few coins. Too many, and I'd be trying to stake with a doge sized coinbase.

So then back to one of my previous questions, as you can only stake in 24hr time periods, and the growth period is by blocks, ending with block 20100, what if the blocks are found faster during growth and we hit block 20100 in 6.5 days. Are the people still waiting to get their final day 7 stake completed, since it had not been 24 hours yet for their coins to mature, out of luck?

Unfortunately, yes. But coins don't always stake all at once. In fact, the more you stake, the more spread out it gets. If we hit block 20100 (actually its 20180, I need to update that. 7 * 24 * 60 * 60 is 10080) on day 6.5, it isn't going to be so much a case of some people getting the full 7 days and some people getting screwed, but rather, half of most people's coins aren't going to stake on the 6th day.

Most people will be able to though, because on day 1, if you stake early, then you'll be able to stake early the second day, the third day, the fourth day, the fifth day, and so on and so forth and so on. But there's a limited number of blocks each day, so really what's going to happen on day 4+ is people are going to have a lot of coins that could stake, but wont because they're competing with everyone else trying to stake for a limited number of blocks on the network.

Activity: 126
October 07, 2014, 11:54:43 AM
it looks like bittrex is upgrading their seed wallet, but trading it still active.

Inactve SEED 3541 11 115 minutes 10/07/2014 15:38:20

Wallet offline - upgrade
legendary
October 07, 2014, 11:49:04 AM
It's important to understand, your ability to stake works in 24 hour periods, it's time based. 1440 blocks is just the number of blocks that there is expected to be in a 24 hour period of time. If 1440 blocks go by in 20 hours, people that staked early will still have to wait another 4 hours before they can stake again. The staking system is all clock time based, but the growth period is implemented in block time. All staking coins behave that way. In truth, the growth period is just a really, really high interest staking period. Insanely high. That's why there had to be so few coins. Too many, and I'd be trying to stake with a doge sized coinbase.

So then back to one of my previous questions, as you can only stake in 24hr time periods, and the growth period is by blocks, ending with block 20100, what if the blocks are found faster during growth and we hit block 20100 in 6.5 days. Are the people still waiting to get their final day 7 stake completed, since it had not been 24 hours yet for their coins to mature, out of luck?

I'd like to know this too. Since that last staking would be the most significant, it would be kind of a bummer to miss out on it. On the other hand, if the missing out was evenly distributed, it would just mean a smaller total supply cap, which could translate into better exchange prices. So it may be a wash.
Activity: 504
Bitcoin is getting bigcoin
October 07, 2014, 11:47:34 AM

anyone have more suggestions to fix ??

edit : it is fixed now
Activity: 126
October 07, 2014, 11:44:54 AM

Activity: 582
October 07, 2014, 11:43:53 AM
Not updating the last 367 blocks
Jump to: