Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SHA]SHACoin2 - Dead Revival - Virtual & Physical Coin - Faucet - page 43. (Read 198297 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
This is the answer:

Don't do it! It's a trick, and has been since 1913!
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
*** NULL ***
*** NULL ***

When I am looking to the image, I felt that we need a simple symbol.

Here is my thinking:

SHA  ---> S ---> No!

then another way:

SHACoin 2 ===> SHA + 2 ===> S + 2 ===> S + II ===> ?

I just can't believe what I got. Do you know what is that ?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
What?? It's alive?!  Was still in my watchlist and figured I'd come check out the last posts of the coin I was bag holding, and to my amazement the new wallet  is synching without error.  Nice job devs!

EDIT: Spoke too soon.  Stuck on block 42492.  Twice.  Second time I cleared everything from the folder in %appdata%\ShaCoin except the wallet, so it was starting from a clean slate.

DOUBLE EDIT:  addnodes in conf file fixed...

TRIPLE EDIT: ...or not.  Seems like it's freezing up when synching every few thousand nodes and needs to be restarted to resume.  It's running again now but it froze the first time on 42492 for over half an hour, was definitely hung.  Anyone else having this problem?

It hung twice for me, and has been flawless since it got current. But it did lock up solid until I restarted it.

All up to date, it did it two or three times all told but it finished synching overnight, so not too onerous.

Frank: thanks for the full blockchain links...
*** NULL ***
This is very rough (done in ms paint at work  Tongue) but you should get the general idea

good.

My original thinking was to build banknotes for our coin, but it is still impossible for our world now.
Because we cannot print private key on paper, anyone get the private key can get coins in it.
then the note will be worth nothing.

But if we don't print out the key, then it is just a common paper with coin address.
and actually, even we got a note with private key on it, we will not know if there are coins in it.
So, the banknote thing is still impossible till now. All we got till now by using this method is only for paper wallets. It is not so bad, at least we can keep a backup offline of our wallet.

Good news is, I've got the method to build a paper wallet, it is still good.
I found the key and build the demo, it will reduce the difficulty for us to build good looking wallet ourself.

Bounty is still there, and demo site with script had already up.
If you have a good design, you can modify the css and img.
We can have 3-5 design version, each one will get 100k bounty.
*** NULL ***
What?? It's alive?!  Was still in my watchlist and figured I'd come check out the last posts of the coin I was bag holding, and to my amazement the new wallet  is synching without error.  Nice job devs!

EDIT: Spoke too soon.  Stuck on block 42492.  Twice.  Second time I cleared everything from the folder in %appdata%\ShaCoin except the wallet, so it was starting from a clean slate.

TRIPLE EDIT: ...or not.  Seems like it's freezing up when synching every few thousand nodes and needs to be restarted to resume.  It's running again now but it froze the first time on 42492 for over half an hour, was definitely hung.  Anyone else having this problem?

Hello, if you still have the problem, download the backup, you will get synced soon.

Blockchain Backup Download:
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

It hung twice for me, and has been flawless since it got current. But it did lock up solid until I restarted it.
Activity: 58

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
This is very rough (done in ms paint at work  Tongue) but you should get the general idea
*** NULL ***
SHACoin Paper Wallet Demo:

http://www.shacoin2.com/address/

Key:
63 ===> 3f (0x3f)
63+128=191 ===> bf (0xbf)
*** NULL ***
Paper Wallet Bounty updated.

Total Bounty: 500,000 SHA

100K for each design.
Paper wallet might be a good place to start.  Maybe set up a bounty?
*** NULL ***
My recent research shows if we can do something physical, SHA can get more value.

example:

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
I've a technical question as well. On the stake arrow, right after a stake is finished, it says I have some ridiculous amount of time to wait till the next stake. It's obviously not the case, so I'm just wondering how it derives the number? Once it gets down to where it's close, it's fairly accurate, but before that it shows like a few thousand years Tongue

Also, what is the actual staking time supposed to be? I don't recall, and I don't know if it got altered with the recent changes. Just curious, here, not trying to throw any trouble out. My wallet is working very well.

Code:
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 2; //2 days minimum age for coin age
unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = -1; // Unlimited

minage = 2 day

maxage = unlimited

Thanks! I'm not a programmer, though I'm slowly learning. Didn't have a clue where to look.
I've a technical question as well. On the stake arrow, right after a stake is finished, it says I have some ridiculous amount of time to wait till the next stake. It's obviously not the case, so I'm just wondering how it derives the number? Once it gets down to where it's close, it's fairly accurate, but before that it shows like a few thousand years Tongue

Also, what is the actual staking time supposed to be? I don't recall, and I don't know if it got altered with the recent changes. Just curious, here, not trying to throw any trouble out. My wallet is working very well.

Code:
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 2; //2 days minimum age for coin age
unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = -1; // Unlimited

minage = 2 day

maxage = unlimited
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Well damn... Just saw that Shacoin is back. Too bad I already deleted my wallet with 100K+ coins.

It's now a little more rare. lol

Funny, i was just cleaning out my old wallets too. However, it doesn't take much room to save the wallet.dat files. Smiley

I always keep those and delete the blockchains (those are what are memory hungry).

Scratch that! I just found an old wallet backup!

Yo dawg, I heard you like backups. So I backed up your backups in a single backup. B)

I'm back!

Always nice to have a bit of good news in your day, eh?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Well damn... Just saw that Shacoin is back. Too bad I already deleted my wallet with 100K+ coins.

It's now a little more rare. lol

Funny, i was just cleaning out my old wallets too. However, it doesn't take much room to save the wallet.dat files. Smiley

I always keep those and delete the blockchains (those are what are memory hungry).

Scratch that! I just found an old wallet backup!

Yo dawg, I heard you like backups. So I backed up your backups in a single backup. B)

I'm back!
*** NULL ***
I deleted wallet long ago

then today you have a good chance to get some back.

http://www.shacoin2.com/faucet/
Activity: 52
I deleted wallet long ago
Pages:
Jump to: