Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 21. (Read 547552 times)

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
I'm very disappointed in SHIFT.
While all coins are dropping due to corrections, SHIFT is seriously losing ground a lot more than the other coins. It's not far from being down to its price 6 months ago.

I will not sell yet because everything is in red. I will wait until it recovers but after that I'm out. The coin is painfully slow and there are competitors which have either overtaken it or about to overtake it.

No problem, sell if you are impatient. What they are building is complex and won't happen overnight. What they are building will deliver a great need for the world. I will hodl, I don't care about natural market fluctuations like the one we are currently in, it is good for purging the weak hands.
Activity: 185
Merit: 10
While all coins are dropping due to corrections, SHIFT is seriously losing ground a lot more than the other coins. It's not far from being down to its price 6 months ago.

I will not sell yet because everything is in red. I will wait until it recovers but after that I'm out. The coin is painfully slow and there are competitors which have either overtaken it or about to overtake it.
Good that'll mean I will buy a couple of thousand.  Grin
Activity: 20
Merit: 0

could you list some of these competitors? If your thinking about tron or siacoin neither of them are really all that similar to shift, I think shift has the best general purpose approach. Ofc we must see how the team develops the platform
Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Activity: 489
Merit: 253
Where's the whitepaper update? Cheesy

Yaay whitepaper update is here!!!  

Shift - Introductory White Paper

https://www.shiftnrg.org/download/shift-introductory-paper.pdf
Activity: 468
Merit: 250
So do I understand shift correctly?  Smart contracts like eth, but with IPFS-based storage system to store HTML, javascript and images?  How does user who wants to create website/webapp/dapp pay for storage?  Is it per month?

Seems like nano wallet is just a light wallet?  How to run full node?

Could someone address these questions for clarity about what we are into.

Also, Shift is older than many more projects talking about decentralized web, why we are so behind them. When we can make a leap chump to cross them? What next big things are in making?

The payment system will be released soon, nodes (different than delegates) could earn income by sharing their disk space into the Shift network IPFS (this is how I understand it) and with this customers will need to pay the storage fee to this nodes, and yes HTML, javascript, images, css, all kind of files.

Yes Shift nano wallet is light wallet, to run a full node you need to install the Shift core software: https://github.com/ShiftNrg/shift

Why we are so behind them? what do you mean? can you point the real achievements (not whitepapers) please? have you tried using phantom in testnet Smiley ?

Things in the making, please read: https://www.shiftnrg.org/#/news/news-item/1  ... also this blog and the whole Shift website is fully hosted in decentralized fashion
Activity: 80
Merit: 2
Your True Helping Hand in Crypto World- Join Slack
So do I understand shift correctly?  Smart contracts like eth, but with IPFS-based storage system to store HTML, javascript and images?  How does user who wants to create website/webapp/dapp pay for storage?  Is it per month?

Seems like nano wallet is just a light wallet?  How to run full node?

Could someone address these questions for clarity about what we are into.

Also, Shift is older than many more projects talking about decentralized web, why we are so behind them. When we can make a leap chump to cross them? What next big things are in making?
Activity: 185
Where's the whitepaper update? Cheesy
Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
Shift made it on the Weiss ranking?Huh Only 70 coins made it... shift is currently around rank 230 on coinmarketcap... this sleeping giant is getting restless. We'll see what happens when Weiss analyst get more time to dig into Shift, if it starts getting upgraded from C, we all saw how high tron and substratum went and this project is lightyears ahead of those two in terms of tech.

Pretty cool. At least they did do some reasonably thorough research and not just look at the top 10 marketcap and call it a day.
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
  I haven't received any dividends from the delegates I voted for.   I would like to vote for some better suited delegates, but it costs me 1 shift? This doesn't seem fair.  Perhaps I can vote again for free after 1 year or so? 

There has been some discussion of this over on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/ShiftNrg/comments/7s7jje/how_to_control_that_delegates_actually_share_like/).

Shift delegates will become 'better' as Shift becomes better known and the delegates have to compete more and try harder to earn your votes. However, that will take time, of course. In other dPoS projects, some delegates have a policy of refunding the voting fees as an incentive to get you to vote for them, so maybe eventually some Shift delegates will do this too.

Having said that, voting in a dPoS system is also a case of cost vs. benefit for the voter. Considering that Shift's inflation rate is relatively low and the cost of voting is 1 Shift, you need to have quite a few Shift in your wallet before it's cost effective to vote (or else you have to be willing to be very patient). This will improve somewhat as delegates compete with each other and pay out a higher % of their profits, but even then there will be a threshold number of Shift below which voting won't be (financially) worth it. (Incidentally, this is one weakness of dPoS systems--small holders have less incentive to vote, so decisions are based on the votes of only the 'wealthier' subset of holders. Every system has strengths and flaws, of course; that just happens to be one of dPoS's).

The Shift payouts I get are much lower than Lisk payouts per coins held, I hope this changes in the future.
Activity: 154
can i learn shift's ipfs/phantom at where?
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
Activity: 359
Merit: 270
  I haven't received any dividends from the delegates I voted for.   I would like to vote for some better suited delegates, but it costs me 1 shift? This doesn't seem fair.  Perhaps I can vote again for free after 1 year or so? 

There has been some discussion of this over on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/ShiftNrg/comments/7s7jje/how_to_control_that_delegates_actually_share_like/).

Shift delegates will become 'better' as Shift becomes better known and the delegates have to compete more and try harder to earn your votes. However, that will take time, of course. In other dPoS projects, some delegates have a policy of refunding the voting fees as an incentive to get you to vote for them, so maybe eventually some Shift delegates will do this too.

Having said that, voting in a dPoS system is also a case of cost vs. benefit for the voter. Considering that Shift's inflation rate is relatively low and the cost of voting is 1 Shift, you need to have quite a few Shift in your wallet before it's cost effective to vote (or else you have to be willing to be very patient). This will improve somewhat as delegates compete with each other and pay out a higher % of their profits, but even then there will be a threshold number of Shift below which voting won't be (financially) worth it. (Incidentally, this is one weakness of dPoS systems--small holders have less incentive to vote, so decisions are based on the votes of only the 'wealthier' subset of holders. Every system has strengths and flaws, of course; that just happens to be one of dPoS's).
Activity: 25
 I haven't received any dividends from the delegates I voted for.   I would like to vote for some better suited delegates, but it costs me 1 shift? This doesn't seem fair.  Perhaps I can vote again for free after 1 year or so?  

Hi,

Here is the list of pools (delegates who share forged coins) : https://dpostools.com/SHIFT

With 1 shift you can vote for 33 delegates at the same time but you can vote for 101 delegates in total.
Activity: 70
Activity: 112
The internet has changed the way that we access information. But the way that we receive it hasn’t really changed in years
Activity: 304
The volume and turnover of Shift are very large, and it is a relatively active coin since its own development, which shows that the coin is really excellent.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
So do I understand shift correctly?  Smart contracts like eth, but with IPFS-based storage system to store HTML, javascript and images?  How does user who wants to create website/webapp/dapp pay for storage?  Is it per month?

Seems like nano wallet is just a light wallet?  How to run full node?
Activity: 66
Shift made it on the Weiss ranking?Huh Only 70 coins made it... shift is currently around rank 230 on coinmarketcap... this sleeping giant is getting restless. We'll see what happens when Weiss analyst get more time to dig into Shift, if it starts getting upgraded from C, we all saw how high tron and substratum went and this project is lightyears ahead of those two in terms of tech.
Activity: 363
I feel more exchanges would really boost Shift. Even smaller exchanges like cryptopia or newer ones like Kucoin would add a lot of value. Binance on the other hand, would mean it would moon.
Pages:
Jump to: