Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 16. (Read 157678 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Simcoin Developer
July 05, 2014, 11:58:49 AM
Ok, puny humans, to help with the hosting situation a withdrawal fee of 0.5% + 0.0001 BTC will be introduced one week from this day.

This should also repel people who use the exchange as a free anonymizer and decrease the number of withdrawals I have to process.

It's only fair: if you want to trade, at least help pay for the server. There will still be no trading fees.
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
July 04, 2014, 07:20:32 PM
This is awesome.
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator
July 04, 2014, 04:25:07 PM
grandpa_seth is hereby officially conjured to be utilized as my puny humans communicator.

Signed: The Overlord

It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love democracy. I love the Republic. Once this crisis has abated, I will lay down the powers you have given me!
Simcoin Developer
July 04, 2014, 04:11:01 PM
Nxtchg is more patient and loving of his people than I am. I would be like "Hey, I'm the genius around here and I don't have time to run this exchange anymore. I'm busy creating the best simple instant payment system for my future minions of earth to trade for trinkets and shiny baubles. If you don't like it too bad so sad."

grandpa_seth is hereby officially conjured to be utilized as my puny humans communicator.

Signed: The Overlord
July 04, 2014, 04:00:36 PM
Nxtchg is more patient and loving of his people than I am. I would be like "Hey, I'm the genius around here and I don't have time to run this exchange anymore. I'm busy creating the best simple instant payment system for my future minions of earth to trade for trinkets and shiny baubles. If you don't like it too bad so sad."
Simcoin Developer
July 04, 2014, 03:27:08 PM
Announce like a final 3 day sale for anyone who wants to dump or panic buy and let us wait for a finished mind blowing simcoin to emerge.

Yeah, that would be nice... But let's try one more time first.

This week mostly went down the drain anyway, so I will dedicate another day tomorrow to try and find a new hosting and if that fails or if a new one is unreliable, then we will suspend the exchange for 2-3 months.
July 04, 2014, 03:14:51 PM
Simxchg takes too much of your coding and thinking time. I never wanted it and I don't think it is needed any longer. Those who wanted to dump did so. Now is the time for overlord to put on his Reeboks and pump it up to show its serious time. Announce like a final 3 day sale for anyone who wants to dump or panic buy and let us wait for a finished mind blowing simcoin to emerge.
Simcoin Developer
July 04, 2014, 03:50:51 AM
Exchange is back online, I will be migrating it again, as soon as a new VPS is ready.

This is the last time I try it, if the new hosting will also be unreliable I will close the exchange for a few months.
Simcoin Developer
July 03, 2014, 06:47:15 PM
Obviously, I need a hosting that supports bitcoin...

Or a good service that sells virtual cards for bitcoin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
July 03, 2014, 06:45:34 PM
I´m using hostgator. Never had problems.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
July 03, 2014, 06:45:15 PM
Five hours outage! Unbelievable... Why is it so hard to make a reliable hosting?

Why would you go into this business if you don't know how to make it work?  Angry

Why about either Google Compute Cloud / AWS, or (if you look for the extra SSD speed) Digital Ocean / Linode?
Simcoin Developer
July 03, 2014, 05:11:19 PM
Five hours outage! Unbelievable... Why is it so hard to make a reliable hosting?

Why would you go into this business if you don't know how to make it work?  Angry
Simcoin Developer
July 03, 2014, 04:59:30 PM
Qhoster is a very good and reliable host! Kind of slow in ticket response though.

Yeah, it was my first one. Was unreliable for quite some time. Now it seems better.

EDIT:
Ha-ha, nope: http://status.qhoster.com/
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
July 03, 2014, 04:35:56 PM
Qhoster is a very good and reliable host! Kind of slow in ticket response though.
Merit: 500
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
July 03, 2014, 04:24:57 PM
This time it was dewlance.com.

20 min response time was, of course, a big lie - it's already one hour and no reaction to the high priority ticket.

Sick of these VPS'es, want to rent a good dedicated server.

Anyone knows where I can order a prepaid virtual card for bitcoins? Anybody tried this site: http://prepaidvcard.com ?

Otherwise I am afraid I will have to close the exchange - it takes too much time, I cannot write code Sad

Maybe it's a good decision if it keeps distracting you from the important stuff.
Simcoin Developer
July 03, 2014, 01:33:53 PM
That site looks shady (after a quick scan of reviews). Have a look at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Virtual_private_server there's plenty that accept BTC.

Don't you think I've already seen it?

I've tried plenty too...
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
July 03, 2014, 01:32:03 PM

20 min response time was, of course, a big lie - it's already one hour and no reaction to the high priority ticket.

Anyone knows where I can order a prepaid virtual card for bitcoins? Anybody tried this site: http://prepaidvcard.com ?

Otherwise I am afraid I will have to close the exchange - it takes too much time, I cannot write code Sad

That site looks shady (after a quick scan of reviews). Have a look at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Virtual_private_server there's plenty that accept BTC directly.
Simcoin Developer
July 03, 2014, 01:16:08 PM

Simcoin Developer
July 03, 2014, 12:32:54 PM
Sorry, folks, I switched the hosting company and now the new one doesn't work either!

Seems like all these bitcoin-accepting hosters suck so bad...
Activity: 1106
Merit: 534
July 03, 2014, 11:35:35 AM
https://simxchg.com/index.php   can't open now ,what happen ?

Everything is written in the thread above.
Hosting provider will be changed and therefore the site is offline.
Pages:
Jump to: