Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 17. (Read 157678 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
July 03, 2014, 11:16:54 AM
https://simxchg.com/index.php   can't open now ,what happen ?
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Simcoin Developer
July 01, 2014, 05:25:02 AM
Exchange is in the process of migration to another server.
Simcoin Developer
June 30, 2014, 01:19:51 PM
I will be moving the exchange to another server as soon as the damn hosting site will come back online.

And remember this outage when you want to pick Yoku as your hosting company...
Activity: 196
June 30, 2014, 11:24:47 AM

Hey dev,

simxchg is down.  Please take a look.

He already did.
The exchange hoster is supposadly doing maintenance. Hopefully the exchange will be back up soon.

And your money in there is safe Wink
Simcoin Developer
June 29, 2014, 01:46:22 PM
Three  days later, and nothing from Nxtblg. I sent him simxchg.com account

He lost his landline, waiting for it to be fixed or a wi-fi router to arrive.

I am sure he will be back soon, he has NFD to take care of Smiley

All 4 M are still in his account.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
June 29, 2014, 01:44:21 PM
If I buy the asset, can I redeem it right now? Is simcoin totally functioning right now or is it just on testnet?

You can only redeem it to your simxchg.com account, because there are no real wallets yet.

Three  days later, and nothing from Nxtblg. I sent him simxchg.com account

Simcoin Developer
June 29, 2014, 01:20:12 PM
I have  question as to the graph:
 Is the yellow line the 'corrected for order book' data?
Does this distribution graph include all Sim currency, or only the 40 $ for IPO? If it were the latter, is the comparison with NXT then accurate?

The yellow line is an exponential trend line for the current distribution.

The graph only includes 400 M distributed so far.

NXT is there just as a reference, its current distribution is significantly different, so it's not supposed to be an accurate comparison.
Simcoin Developer
June 29, 2014, 06:10:33 AM
Distribution update

Previous distribution update was incorrect, because I foolishly forgot to include simcoins in the order book.

This is the correct version, the changes are less dramatic:

251 accounts own simcoins now vs 210 after the IPO.

Also, if you take open orders into consideration, the top 10 accounts now own more: 21.12% vs 20.65%.

Most of it thanks to the very top account, which now owns 11.9 M. If we count accounts 2-11 we will get 19.88% vs 19.95% after the IPO.

Progress report

This week was spent trying to solve the bootstrapping problem: bringing new nodes and the nodes that were offline up to speed. I kinda left a white spot there, thinking it won't be too difficult, but when you don't have a blockchain, it is.

So I kept reading papers and thinking the whole week, trying to find an efficient solution and not give up and settle for something subpar.

Wrote a couple of simple simulators to test various ideas. Yesterday I had a breakthrough and (hopefully) finally solved it, so now the road is open to finalizing the whole system design and returning back to writing code.

For now, no major unresolved issues remain. Doesn't mean there won't be any, of course, but so far everything looks clear.

---

Test nodes have been running for a week now, no crashes, no memory leak, it stays at the same 700 Kb. People registered 81 test accounts. The ledger is 24 Kb, but it doesn't mean each account takes 300 bytes because the database grows in pages.

---

Wrote a simple time sync simulator, because couldn't find anybody to do it as a bounty. Need more freelancers on stand-by. (You guys don't want to get paid or what?)

As always, if all nodes are honest – everything is perfect: https://simcoin.info/ts/ts.html

Possibility of an attack ruins it, but even with simple code modifications it seems possible to protect against malicious nodes trying to shift the network time: https://simcoin.info/ts2/ts.html

Plus I have more ideas up my sleeve about how to detect and discard outliers.

---

Nxtblg did a small experiment and issued 1 M simcoins as an asset on NXT Asset Exchange. It was quickly sold out and is now trading at 23-35 NXT per thousand, i.e. about 270 satoshis vs 140-160 on simxchg.

---

gstarcev continues working on the voting system bounty and now is close to finishing it.

A logo contest will probably be announced soon, so stay tuned.

---

Now, that the path is clear:

legendary
Activity: 952
Stagnation is Death
June 29, 2014, 02:16:16 AM
Simcoin is really undervalued. I think that Sim should at least have a same market cap as Qoracoins. I don't see a reason why not.

The reason for low valuation is that sim does not exist yet Cheesy

Simxchg is just trading with tokens, the real value will be discovered after main-net launch
Simcoin Developer
June 28, 2014, 10:46:25 AM
The credits coin also claims that it will not use blockchain and will have instance comfirmation - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--614917

Is credits a similar crypto as Simcoin?

Yes, I know about it. Nice to see people moving in that direction.

Also interesting to see if he will be able to come up with a working concept. The one described is not scalable beyond toy level.
Activity: 221
June 28, 2014, 10:45:05 AM
2 guys bought all Nxtblg's Simcoin asset. There are no sells because they probably bought it to own some Simcoin not trade them on AE.

Simcoin is really undervalued. I think that Sim should at least have a same market cap as Qoracoins. I don't see a reason why not.
Activity: 221
June 28, 2014, 10:39:00 AM
The credits coin also claims that it will not use blockchain and will have instance comfirmation - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--614917

Is credits a similar crypto as Simcoin?
Simcoin Developer
June 27, 2014, 02:39:16 PM
If I buy the asset, can I redeem it right now? Is simcoin totally functioning right now or is it just on testnet?

You can only redeem it to your simxchg.com account, because there are no real wallets yet.
Activity: 644
June 27, 2014, 02:32:13 PM

EDIT: I wrote the above in jest, but it's taken on a slightly different nuance now. My SimGate IPO sold clean out in fifty minutes.

[Yeah, I know, too low price, but that's okay: I figured losing a million Sim for 15,000 Nxt would be good for Sim's distribution into the Nxter world.]

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
June 27, 2014, 04:43:57 AM
I just issued a Sim gateway on the Nxt Asset Exchange using some of my own Sim.

Good move, Nxtblg.

Your post about simcoin is appealing.
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator
June 26, 2014, 02:24:08 PM
why there is not sell orders yet? i can buy some stakes at NXT-AE.

2 guys bought all Nxtblg's Simcoin asset. There are no sells because they probably bought it to own some Simcoin not trade them on AE.
Activity: 843
Merit: 1001
June 26, 2014, 09:35:30 AM
why there is not sell orders yet? i can buy some stakes at NXT-AE.
Activity: 140
June 26, 2014, 09:25:54 AM

https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/(ann)-simcoin-gateway/

I made it quite clear that I'm doing so as an independent, meaning that this gateway is 100% unofficial.

And please don't laugh too hard at my patter. Smiley

EDIT: I wrote the above in jest, but it's taken on a slightly different nuance now. My SimGate IPO sold clean out in fifty minutes.

[Yeah, I know, too low price, but that's okay: I figured losing a million Sim for 15,000 Nxt would be good for Sim's distribution into the Nxter world.]

Interesting. I wish I new about it in time.

For a while, I misread the name Nxtblg as NxtChg.
Good that you clarified that on the NXT forum.

Pentamon
legendary
Activity: 924
June 25, 2014, 07:41:49 PM

https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/(ann)-simcoin-gateway/

I made it quite clear that I'm doing so as an independent, meaning that this gateway is 100% unofficial.

And please don't laugh too hard at my patter. Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: