Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 22. (Read 466763 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Congratulation! SolarCoin community.
Now, SLR just has passed the gravity zone and entered 1$ level successfully.
To the Sun!  Grin

I am getting calls from a solar installer that has always ignored my crypto ramblings to them about SolarCoin since 2014.
Now they say WOW! An extra $2/ MWh for us! It makes a small but meaningful difference to our project profit margins!

Amazing work guys! Well done

Cheers, to Orion via the Sun.

-lfloorwalker
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Be professional guys. Please.

Yes, arbitrage between Bittrex and Lykke thing is professional.
When SLR on the bull run, the price gap between exchanges makes good chance to arbitrage.
I'm waiting for spread!!!  Grin

Concur in full.  

Up to $2 this morning and every sign of some stability.  A good amount of movement, so some wallets are unloading, but that is a good thing when done with moderation.

SLR is a thin market and can be easily ramped both ways.  However having more wallets is definitely a good thing, so this increased activity with a relentless ramp up is as good as it gets.  However, beware the Ides of Hubris (to mortally mangle a metaphor).

Enjoy the ride and by all means savour that uniquely private sensation of Schadenfreude (that only works in German) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude, but never, ever, gloat.   Victory is its' own reward.  

T

You make a good point. The SLR project seems to be built on a foundation of good will toward men, rather than on scorn toward the oppressors. Nick Gogerty has been especially positive every step of the way and sets a good example for all of us to follow.

Concur in full, and a good example for this project.
Activity: 113
Merit: 0
backup wallet should work fine, it can take a while. On occasion, some people have had to hit the "reload blockchain" under the "file" menu. The extra 5000 coins may be due to interest earned even though you haven't actively staked. I'm not sure how the algo works exactly, but from my experience you seem to earn interest whether or not you stake. My wallet was offline by accident for about four weeks and when I got it back online to start staking again, my block rewards were initially A LOT higher for a few days. So I speculate that even though I wasn't staking for a month, my overall accrued interest seemed unchanged.
Activity: 21
Hi everyone,

With the recent activity on the exchanges, I thought I had better check on the little laptop in my roof that was staking away for my wallet. Turns out that it hasn't been staking away since early September, and is almost past being usable, so I thought I would put the wallet on another retired laptop. Seems like it's struggling to gain connections after the following steps:

• installed & ran the freshly downloaded wallet
  • exited the wallet
  • copied wallet.dat from the old laptop
  • pasted it onto the new laptop in the AppData\Roaming\Solarcoin folder, replacing the newly created one

I remembered some discussions earlier in the thread regarding peers.dat and solarcoin.conf; there was no solarcoin.conf file so I created one with addnode=162.243.214.120 as the only line. I've tried reloading the blockchain and rescanning the wallet, but the best I get is 1 connection, and most of the time it has none.

Not sure how relevant this is, but my holdings also increased by roughly 5000 SLR without any new transactions coming in... Could possibly be staking revenues but that doesn't make a lot of sense without any transactions. Any ideas? I just wanted to get staking again, and hoped it would be a bit simpler than this... Smiley

Cheers

babbey

[EDIT] - The more I think about it, the more it feels like way back when the wallets forked, and we received massive amounts of coins from staking. I think I got over 73,000 coins at one point - if only I'd been on the right chain! Smiley

I think I'll have to fire up the old machine when I get home from work tonight & try to convince the wallet to start up properly; there's a chance that I may just have been a bit impatient with a very slow machine, maybe with enough time the wallet will come up properly and I can use the 'Backup Wallet' and 'Export Keys' commands.

When SLR on the bull run, the price gap between exchanges makes good chance to arbitrage.

Concur in full.  

Up to $2 this morning and every sign of some stability.  A good amount of movement, so some wallets are unloading, but that is a good thing when done with moderation.

SLR is a thin market and can be easily ramped both ways.  However having more wallets is definitely a good thing, so this increased activity with a relentless ramp up is as good as it gets.  However, beware the Ides of Hubris (to mortally mangle a metaphor).

Enjoy the ride and by all means savour that uniquely private sensation of Schadenfreude (that only works in German) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude, but never, ever, gloat.   Victory is its' own reward.  

T

You make a good point. The SLR project seems to be built on a foundation of good will toward men, rather than on scorn toward the oppressors. Nick Gogerty has been especially positive every step of the way and sets a good example for all of us to follow.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Concur in full.  

T
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

I'm waiting for spread!!!  Grin

have to admit, daniobg posted my thoughts exactly, but I didn't want to be the one to gloat. I think all of us have won some and lost some in market, and none of us REALLY knows what is going to happen ... other than the FACT that solarcoin IS going to hit 50000 sat, but other than that I DONT know what will happen haha!
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org
haha nice on redwhite037! Called that like a boss. Im glad i dumped all of mine. no bad feelings. fuck this coin lol

solarcoin will never go over 10000sat again!

Where are you now u little piece of sh*t???

Activity: 546
Congratulation! SolarCoin community.
Now, SLR just has passed the gravity zone and entered 1$ level successfully.
To the Sun!  Grin
Activity: 132
Merit: 11
i think that it's investors going through charts looking for decent coins that haven't been pumped, with a small market cap, etc..
anyways it's a good thing for solarcoin - can't wait to see what will happen in few years when solar energy becomes even more popular
Activity: 579
CoinQuacker
solarcoin is doing well. This has been a good coin for several years now. If the names "rockrabbit" and/or "fabula" mean anything to you, then you know how far back that goes...

Grin Wink

we need more solar in the world and the rate we need to be adding it needs to accelerate greatly.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Solarcoin Slack Now Has 1,500 members! Congrats!

https://solarcoin-group.slack.com

And another milestone - however transitory...

SLR went to 6920 as of writing = US$1.15.  There is the dollar breakthrough.  Long may it last.

Actually we have seen a lot of the weak knees 'players' flushed out of the SLR pool over the past few months.  There is a fairly steep SELL wall at 7000 sat, so that will be the next group of 'day traders' cashing in.

Even as I write that wall was flushed and now stands at 7500 sat.  This is probably a P&D but interesting to watch.  Certainly unless we have a large defector the P&D traders will be buying / selling to themselves.  More profit for Bitrex.

Pass the popcorn Smiley

T
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Solarcoin Slack Now Has 1,500 members! Congrats!

https://solarcoin-group.slack.com
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
is this the same coin that is suppose to rial Power Ledger?
SolarCoin is a coin to support solar energy generation, if you produce solar energy you may claim SLR for free.

So there is no competition between Power Ledger and SolarCoin.

There is no fundamental reason (I can think of) a user could not claim SLR, and use POWR or GRID at the same time.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 75
is this the same coin that is suppose to rial Power Ledger?
Pages:
Jump to: