Author

Topic: ••• [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin • KGW • Cryptsy • Reduced Block Rewards • Update your wallets • 10 EXCHANGE - page 123. (Read 298777 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
35,000 in 40-50 hours
I predict a huge rise in price based on the fact that multicoin pools won't shift their focus to smc and dump coins until it isn't worth mining for them anymore, the coin will finally be able to see some proper growth considering how much interest has been shown.
Exciting !  Grin

You know, i think, that multipools are not so bad. They give a decent ammount of Hashrate and make price growing.

Watch this logic:
1. If coin is not profitable, nobody is mining
2. If nobody is mining, Hashrate falls and difficulty falls to
3. Miners get their coins cheaper so, they will tend to sell cheaper, so price falls
4. If price falls, profitability falls too.
5. If price falls constantly, nobody wants to invest in coin

At that moment, SmartCoin hashrate is really depends on big pools, constant Hashrate is, maybe, 1 GH/s or somewhere around it. But plus 1-3 GH/s is generated by multipools and by people, who search information at Coinwarz... Current Hashrate 4 GH/s is very cool, but I wait for 10 GH/s at the start of next week. SMC will grow +200%.

Multi-pools do have decent amounts of hashrate but are not good for coins.

What multi-pools do is mine the most profitable coin and dump coins constantly causing the value to drop. Hashrate goes up as value goes up.

When difficulty goes up, less coins can be mined=demand>supply and price goes up.

If price falls, miners move and diff drops. More coins to be mined thus more profits=miners come back.

I've witnessed multi-pools destroy a coin, take a look at fedora (tips). Multipools throw at it several GHs and push diff to 100+ levels then leaving small miners to do the hard work. Also take a look at leafcoin there had to be 3 updates due to multi-pools destroying the coin's value.

Multi-pools are bad for any coin and are based on greed, doesn't care about any coin just mining and selling right away.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. They completely ruin the stability and value of a coin, and their community, they stop people who have genuine interest to mine the coin and people who have genuine interest from investing in the coin, because as soon as the value gets higher the miners' impact becomes negligibly small and investors get burned.
Once this update comes in SMC will grow steadily, as it should, with the community support going strong currently.

You can already see what is happening when multi-pool oder farms are mining SMC. They are waiting for a lower diff 10-15, jump into it until diff 35-45, leave us alone and come back when diff is low again.

Difficulty   21.24658226
Est Next Difficulty   11.69000399 (Change in 60 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Block   72.7 seconds
Activity: 126
Activity: 238
http://smc.anomalypool.com
stable p2pool with NO FEE and INSTANT PAYOUT!

Fast growing!

Connect your workers to this address: stratum+tcp://anomalypool.com:2144 and use your SMC address as username, password is not checked.

CGminer example: ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://anomalypool.com:2144 -u SX9CmtB8k73Ar3kp9KPWU3FkydAdtActgs -p x

We found our first block in less than 2 hours, great job! Some miners want to help us keep up the good work?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
35,000 in 40-50 hours
I predict a huge rise in price based on the fact that multicoin pools won't shift their focus to smc and dump coins until it isn't worth mining for them anymore, the coin will finally be able to see some proper growth considering how much interest has been shown.
Exciting !  Grin

You know, i think, that multipools are not so bad. They give a decent ammount of Hashrate and make price growing.

Watch this logic:
3. Miners get their coins cheaper so, they will tend to sell cheaper, so price falls

At that moment, SmartCoin hashrate is really depends on big pools, constant Hashrate is, maybe, 1 GH/s or somewhere around it. But plus 1-3 GH/s is generated by multipools and by people, who search information at Coinwarz... Current Hashrate 4 GH/s is very cool, but I wait for 10 GH/s at the start of next week. SMC will grow +200%.

What multi-pools do is mine the most profitable coin and dump coins constantly causing the value to drop. Hashrate goes up as value goes up.

When difficulty goes up, less coins can be mined=demand>supply and price goes up.

If price falls, miners move and diff drops. More coins to be mined thus more profits=miners come back.

I've witnessed multi-pools destroy a coin, take a look at fedora (tips). Multipools throw at it several GHs and push diff to 100+ levels then leaving small miners to do the hard work. Also take a look at leafcoin there had to be 3 updates due to multi-pools destroying the coin's value.

Multi-pools are bad for any coin and are based on greed, doesn't care about any coin just mining and selling right away.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. They completely ruin the stability and value of a coin, and their community, they stop people who have genuine interest to mine the coin and people who have genuine interest from investing in the coin, because as soon as the value gets higher the miners' impact becomes negligibly small and investors get burned.
Once this update comes in SMC will grow steadily, as it should, with the community support going strong currently.
Activity: 42
http://dedicatedpool.com/images/logo.png

SMC.DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

Benefits of Mining on DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

• Backups every 30 minutes of the databases and wallets to protect your mining endeavours.
  • Full 24/7 support available at [email protected]
  • Mine uninterrupted - dedicated servers w/redundancy, DDoS protection.
  • Trustworthy admins who care about your experience and mining.

Fast growing!

Connect your workers to this address: stratum+tcp://anomalypool.com:2144 and use your SMC address as username, password is not checked.

CGminer example: ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://anomalypool.com:2144 -u SX9CmtB8k73Ar3kp9KPWU3FkydAdtActgs -p x

Added you to the OP. Thank you for making the SMC P2Pool network stronger!

Thanks, seems pretty good, already got 3 additional miners, hashrate shoots up!

Are there not many 0%-fee-pools on SMC?
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
35,000 in 40-50 hours
Exciting !  Grin

Watch this logic:

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
smartcoin.io

Fast growing!

Added you to the OP. Thank you for making the SMC P2Pool network stronger!

Fast growing!

Activity: 224
MineCrew
35,000 in 40-50 hours
Exciting !  Grin

Watch this logic:

Activity: 231
so the guy stop pump the price to avoid high diff,as Kimoto's Gravity Well not work now.
the same!
Spent six hours mining on smc.hash.so and NOTHING found, ZERO coins. What a waste.
no answer to my mail via contact form

bullshit mega scam! 6 hours!!!! for nothing!!?!?!!!!

I think you pointed your workers to another coin. That´s possible at the hash.so pools, just check the right top when you are in your dashboard. There you can choose the coin.

^ This is almost certainly correct - it's pretty unobtrusive and if you aren't careful you can screw up.  I've mined on and off there for several days with no problems at all.

Yes, im also sure about that. I mine for about 4 hrs and get my smc coins at a frequent interval.
My fav two coins @ the moment are Vertcoin and Smartcoin (and holding a fair amount of Doge's behind). Let's make them work Smiley

That's too bad.  I'm sure there is a good explanation.

Congratulations!  Dedicatedpool.com is now hosting Smartcoin!

http://dedicatedpool.com/images/logo.png

SMC.DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

Benefits of Mining on DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

• Backups every 30 minutes of the databases and wallets to protect your mining endeavours.
  • Full 24/7 support available at [email protected]
  • Mine uninterrupted - dedicated servers w/redundancy, DDoS protection.
  • Trustworthy admins who care about your experience and mining.

Server Infrastructure

• SIX(6) SERVERS IN CLUSTER
  • DDoS protection at switch level
  • 8 Core servers, 256GB DDR3 RAM, RAID 10 SSD
  • Ramdisks, memcaches, to make things go extremely quick
I can't wait this gravity well stuff.  The multipools are stealing our lunches now.  They mine OUR precious coin always at the easiest difficulty without giving whatsoever to her. They don't even advertise, just abuse the low difficulty.   I HATE THE MULTIPOOLS. I hope they all die at block 35000...   2-3 more days of waiting...
buy as much as you can for the price going up without getting dumped on by multipool miners  Wink
Activity: 186
I can't wait this gravity well stuff.  The multipools are stealing our lunches now.  They mine OUR precious coin always at the easiest difficulty without giving whatsoever to her. They don't even advertise, just abuse the low difficulty.   I HATE THE MULTIPOOLS. I hope they all die at block 35000...   2-3 more days of waiting...
Activity: 210
Kimoto's Gravity Well has just been tested. Works like a charm.

Hardfork coming at block 35,000.

Awesome news!

You might want to add that to the thread title for more exposure.

Best thing to happen to this coin!

any idea how long till we hit 35000?

Sounds great!!!

You can make a voting at top of the first post like leafcoin, checking how many ppl. have already the new wallet. They change the relaunch block 3 times to an earlier block. Can´t remember exactly... but from 29000 to xxx to 18000. If enough ppl. are on board. Let´s change. We already have a diff jumping between 15 and 45.

Kimoto's Gravity Well will come at block 35.000

The Newbie's Guide to Kimoto's Gravity Well:
https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/index.php?topic=893.0

35,000 in 40-50 hours
Exciting !  Grin

Awesome news!

About 3 days. We're looking into incorporating a lower transaction fee as well in this release.

Making it go into effect at a hardfork may take some tinkering, but we'll be persistent. We want this to be our only hardfork, ever.

EDIT: I don't want to update the OP yet as we don't have the clients out. I will once we have everything running.

Sounds fair.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
smartcoin.io

Awesome news!

About 3 days. We're looking into incorporating a lower transaction fee as well in this release.

Making it go into effect at a hardfork may take some tinkering, but we'll be persistent. We want this to be our only hardfork, ever.

EDIT: I don't want to update the OP yet as we don't have the clients out. I will once we have everything running.

Awesome news!

Jump to: