Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction - page 15. (Read 93329 times)

Activity: 357
Merit: 250
Change difficulty drop rate, but leave difficulty raise rate. But this will change client... Sad
When multipools will jump off the coin - the diff must be dropped slower than now.
You tried to protect coin from multipools when changed to scrypt-n algorythm... as i remember.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
I'm still here, just watching for now...  Trying to figure out the next move, and mostly seeing if we settle at a floor price.
Your pool is 2.8Mh now and getting 20k/day?..
Hmm

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make...  I am aware the hash rate is dropping, along with the trade price.  As I mentioned before, I'm waiting for the coin to settle at a floor.  I'm also cautious that any attempts to raise the coin trade price will be met with multipools mine and dumping the coin.

Whatever I do next, I want to be calculated and effective...  I'm thinking about next steps.
I'm still here, just watching for now...  Trying to figure out the next move, and mostly seeing if we settle at a floor price.
Your pool is 2.8Mh now and getting 20k/day?..
Hmm
Anybody home? How's doing?

Anybody home? How's doing?
Only few coins with Scrypt-N protocol. Maybe 3. Other coins are... dumbass coins. So when they are dumped to be unprofitable all miners switching to spots. Most of the time... Unprofitable at all... but anyone who mines scrypt-n do this dump. And almost stable coin producing ratio making a lot of coins in short period of time...
Remember the $25 Amazon Gift Card Raffle ends tonight!
Only 250 SPT per entry: http://www.crypto2.net/raffle.html

Happy birthday Spots!!!  I just Tweeted the same info for you.
Activity: 290
CoinPayments
Remember the $25 Amazon Gift Card Raffle ends tonight!
Only 250 SPT per entry: http://www.crypto2.net/raffle.html
Yikes, we're about to drop in to the double-digit territory...  Damn mine and dump tactics / multipools are killing the coin...
Multipools mining spt constanly as most profitable coin... Is there floor somewhere?

Every time I think we have hit the floor, it just keeps going.  The multipools are killing us with the mine and dumps.  I've got to find a way to get demand for the coin up...  It's the only thing that will combat the constant selling!
Multipools mining spt constanly as most profitable coin... Is there floor somewhere?
What is the max coin limit for spots?  Didnt see it listed on the first page.
440 millions with rate about 70 blocks per hour

Yea, that's the hard-coded amount in the source.  It'll take us decades to get there though. 
440 millions with rate about 70 blocks per hour
No raffle tickets were purchased for the 7/18 1 gram silver raffle.  I've bumped MrData's $25 Amazon Gift Card raffle on 7/21 to the top of the list and updated to reflect the next silver raffle on 7/25.

Get your raffle tickets now, http://www.thespt.com/exchange!

In theory, there is no max coin supply.  We will continue to offer 48 SPT / block indefinitely, with no plans to halve.  Right now, there are currently about 7.5 million SPT in circulation.  You can see this at http://explore.thespt.com/ on the ticker.
Activity: 132
Thanks to Matory for pointing out the Block Explorer had frozen up.  This was related to a server upgrade which changed the host IP address.  I've updated the records with our DNS.  If you are experiencing issues, please clear your browser's cache and reload.

Activity: 637
I'll check it out.  I must not watch enough TV!
TV is bad for your health, just watch 'live' on www.rt.com
I'll check it out.  I must not watch enough TV!
Activity: 637
Thanks for those two suggestions. 

I'll do some research on who Max Keiser is, and try to reach out.  Do you happen to have a twitter handle for him?

The promotional video is also a good idea...  I'll have to do some research to find open source or free software for video editing.

On a positive note, I think we've found our floor.  At about 160 - 170 satoshi's, we seem to be steadying out.  Either that's our natural floor, or the price point where it's no longer worth it for mine and dump / market manipulation tactics...  In either case, a steady price point gives a solid foundation to build upon.

Max Keiser is the most watched TV presenter in the world.  He has 3 shows a week on RT. Max as in maxcoin.
here's the twitter page.
https://twitter.com/maxkeiser

The crypto-bullion video can be found on the RT site under 'shows' or on the www.maxkeiser.com front page, on the right hand side, entitled "one-two-punch"
Pages:
Jump to: