Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][STD] StandardCoin - BUILT-IN EXCHANGE - Permanently Rising Rate - page 35. (Read 47979 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
This looks promising if there is a fix to stop P&D.
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
take a seat!sent later
Activity: 28
Activity: 319
So if I understand this correctly, then basically this is a 75% pre-mined coin that is distributed exclusively to initial investors. Meanwhile, after the IPO is closed, then mining starts and the rest of us get a share of this thing.

This can still be a pump and dump, the only difference is that we know where the floor is, and the "dumpers" have already accumulated what their investment is.

So, this isn't necessarily a scam for the IPO folks, but it represents a high risk for anyone who ultimately buys/mines and holds this on an outside exchange like cryptsy without realizing what they are buying into.  

But there is a risk that I see for the IPO investors folks themselves, and that is this exchange's potential existential risks, and this is where I caution buyer beware on this "investment".

My questions: Are you, the DEV and exchange operator, a US person? Are you a registered business? Where are you registered? Are you, or your business, or your website, or any of your (or your business's) assets (physical, personal...like the servers the big investment wallet is kept, financial, or otherwise) located in any place that can be legitimately considered within US jurisdiction?

If you answered yes to any of the above question, do you have a money transmitter license from the US government in compliance with KYC/AML regulations? How do we know? Has an independent, trusted person on this forum with credibility verified this?

If you are not, in any way, located in any place where the US can come in and seize any assets in connection to any type of criminal investigation, then where ARE you located? Are you in compliance with your local laws? How can we be sure? What is your evidence? Where are your certifications?

All these questions, and more, must be answered to ensure that you are, in fact, trust worthy and not A) a scammer, or B) an incompetent fool who only knows how to program and design fancy websites.

Anyone who INVESTS in this IPO without knowing the answers to the above risks the possibility that this "magical exchange" located on this website will disappear. Just....like....Mt.....GOX.....!!!!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
The most likely future: Countdown! 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. FAIL LOL Cheesy
Activity: 238
Good luck on the launch today guy's,

If you need a pool give this one a try

Pool is open for pre-registration

Standard Coin Website:                   https://std.mining4all.eu
Standard Coin host/port:     stratum+tcp://std.mining4all.eu:3331

Reward System: Full Stratum/Vardiff system with Prop.

Pool Fee: 0%.

Ssl Secure
sq
Activity: 294
Activity: 5
standardcoin.conf file:
Code:
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
addnode=192.241.153.178
rpcport=5332
rpcuser=anyusername
rpcpassword=anypassword

Wallet should sync automatically without adding nodes because I set up 2 dnsseed servers for it.
But I still put up a node there just in case.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
The BTC you get from IPO can only support 25% STD,
as more and more STD are mined and dumped, the devs have to pay BTC from their pocket which is impossible.

After reading it more carefully, it seems the price of STD after launch will be 1/4 of its IPO price immediately.
Activity: 39
看起来不错,我想试试
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
another question.. how about if all initial investors want to withdraw BTC and Miners also .. there would not be enough BTC to give away

Yeap its a ponzi system with fancy layout who ever cant see it he deserves to get scammed.

Also miners will be the big victims here as the value of the standarcoin will not be enough to cover electricity cost.
Not to mention there isnt any point for miners to exist in this system, this is just a ponzi system in which developer put miners in the game to justify that this is a cryptocoin and he gently described this situation as "coin mostly for investors".

Yes it is a ponzi scheme...
Activity: 179

http://std.altcryptomining.com
Special Bonus for Standarcoin -- 0% mining fees for life guaranteed
VARDIFF
Prop Payout
High speed east coast server
OPEN NOW FOR PRE-REGISTRATION
Come join us and get some STDs Cheesy
Activity: 476
You spelled "permanently" wrong on your site banner.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Reward System: Full Stratum/Vardiff system with PROP
Server Location: Europe / America
Pro Hardware: Connections: 10 gigabit network hypervisor/storage. Direct connection to AIMX, MSX
Storage: Fast ZFS based environment with SSD cache and 32 disks.
CPU: Xeon 64bit / 16 powerful CPU cores
Ram: 128 GB RAM.

Security:
Two different geo-locations Hot wallets (primary and instant back-up).
Offline secured cold Wallet.
Automated back-ups and warning system for operators.
Ddos protecion.
Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
I would not be surprised if the people who tried to launch InstaPay are behind this.

Same attempt at an unsustainable ponzi-scheme but with a little rewording.
Activity: 56
So an investment is always risky and more in the cryptocurrency-world.
Im going to support this coin because i think the idea is really new. If i lose my BTC well .. so is life

If i understand well.. the price valuation phase last 10 days?
"Nobody is depositing anything. The exchange works like this..."

If the exchange works like you say it does it is a pretty unique idea.

However, if the exchange doesn't work like you say it does then who's to say you can't just loophole all the BTC to your own personal BTC address?

Or how do we know the software is secure enough so that someone doesn't do the same?

Blind trust is the biggest issue.
The exchange has 3 layers.
The website at: http://standardcoin.net/ is nothing but a web interface.
The cron server which update the database and interact with the coind is on another server.
The coin daemon holdings STD and BTC are on a server in private secured network which can only be accessed by the cron server.
Plus, Most coins are stored in cold wallets. Only 10% of the coins are on the server.

As I said before. The most risky part when investing is the Price Valuation Phase because the exchange can not send STD to you immidiately. We will have to wait for the Phase to end and let the exchange calculates the amount of STD for each initial investor.
At the Free Market Phase, exchanging works instantly and automatically.
So if you are afraid to lose your BTC, you can wait until the Price Valuation Phase is ended.
Pages:
Jump to: