Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★ [ANN][UFO] COMING FROM OUTER SPACE ★★ [ON EXCHANGE] ★★ - page 11. (Read 95285 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Want to buy 500k-1mil UFO!
Will pay current exchange prices (no volume there Sad )
PM ME!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
What u guys are trying to do ? I'm lost if someone could eplain me clearly  Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
Community development is looking good so far, working things with cisahasa and will test a wallet soon.
i got ready code in txt file

looks fine so far

im in line 848 (github file)

there is:
static const int64 nReTargetHistoryFact = 4; // look at 4 times the retargetfactor of 4 is quite high

do we want to look back by factor 4? 2 at most if not deleted?

it counts now new retarget by 160 previous blocks

that was devs original bug

between line 869 and 870 comes:

line 869 starts:
nTime -= nTargetTimespan*4;

missing still:
between current line 868 and 869:
 nTime -= nTargetTimespan*4;  this line missing github

if(height < 28001)
            nTime -= nTargetTimespanOld*4;
        else
..continues with line 870

this will trigger fork at block 28000 50hours time to that

or what ever block it will be 30000?

line 848:
// Thanks: Balthazar for suggesting the following fix
// https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1904506
static const int64 nReTargetHistoryFact = 2; // look at 2 times the retarget
                                             // interval into the block history

i would use factor of 2?? 4 is 160 blocks!

Agreed in the factor of 2 is more conservative, or it could be erased too.

The part deleted:
Code:

Triggers in the else statement below after the block 28000
Code:
if(height < 28000)
        else
ufo will be like new coin...

Let's called it 1UP! haha
how is github doing?
is it cloned, waiting to see code

source genesis block = same as blockchain says
ba1d39b4928ab03d813d952daf65fb7797fcf538a9c1b8274f4edc8557722d13

starting the changes https://github.com/itos/ufo
Activity: 521
Merit: 500
UFO
this coin will be totally abducted

maybe thats been its reason all along... abduction, as the name UFO suggests  Cheesy  thats the enigmatic beauty of it  Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
Here is a recommendation I sent to the founder but got no feedback. I hope you guys like it.

Yeah this is what I am talking about, ad some fine details though
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
One thing is that we need to give new communication to the coin. I suggest getting rid of the alien (UFOs are not aliens) and probably it will scare new people that see the coin. Instead make a UFO elevating like a rocket or something going UP (to communicate that the coin goes up). I studies Visual communication so I can give it a right direction to not scare new people. We need something really simple that not alienates new people and gives security as a investment for the future. Look at the logo of bit coin is really simple and it works.

UFO - TRAVELLING FASTER THAN LIGHT SPEED

If we are doing the community takeover we need a new logo, new site, new twitter account, new everything, since the old ones we can't use.

This rocket is a human rocket. It's not an UFO.

UFO coin should be relevant and cool for the sci-fi and ufo loving subculture. It's not meant to be a mainstream coin. It's a fan coin.
There was a post here in the thread a while back where someone put up a meme it had UFO with two sides, the other side had a cool UFO on it, if the coin is going to be changed that coin in the meme should be used.  It is on page 37 of this thread half way down.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399937.720
hey folks, please dont change the current logo  Grin

For many reasons we have to change it. For once we don't want new users go to old twitter, site, etc. We need a new face for it, also we need something they can trust, give to a broader audience and don't scare them.
after we have working source and windows wallet:

todo list

1. contact scifi exchange if they stand behind upcoming fork
2. contact all pools including china pool
3. update new thread with insturctions to dl new wallet and how to do it without losin your old wallet.dat
4. build other OS wallets
5. new blockchain explorer
6. try reach old dev to solve what his status is on this ín future
7. link to virustotal scan
8. link to source code

retarget shoud be located so that no one misses it

there has to be atleast couple days to wait, wallet can be taken in use way before fork

we have nothing to lose, if fork update somehow fails, old wallet keeps working with all your coins in it, all coins mined before the fork are safe

Updated to do list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuOQs6bBPmOPdENQQ0NHSmpsT0drU2tSRGlnOTRZamc&usp=sharing
Activity: 521
Merit: 500
UFO
hey folks, please dont change the current logo  Grin
Activity: 266
Merit: 257
Enthusiast
Here is a recommendation I sent to the founder but got no feedback. I hope you guys like it.

cisahasa that code is looking good so far. So 1 hour (40 blocks) would be a good number for the retarget? Also we need to start using Version Control for this. I did a fork on my github account or do you want to handle it? We are seeing progress so far this is really good!

you can handle it, there will be coming some event that i may not be here for couple days, family things...

i vote for one hour 40 blocks

we should now focus only to the retarget
forget logo things for now

maybe add wallet picture of ufo, nothing more now

Yeap, retarget will be the only focus for now.
cisahasa that code is looking good so far. So 1 hour (40 blocks) would be a good number for the retarget? Also we need to start using Version Control for this. I did a fork on my github account or do you want to handle it? We are seeing progress so far this is really good!
Activity: 266
Merit: 257
Enthusiast
One thing is that we need to give new communication to the coin. I suggest getting rid of the alien (UFOs are not aliens) and probably it will scare new people that see the coin. Instead make a UFO elevating like a rocket or something going UP (to communicate that the coin goes up). I studies Visual communication so I can give it a right direction to not scare new people. We need something really simple that not alienates new people and gives security as a investment for the future. Look at the logo of bit coin is really simple and it works.

If we are doing the community takeover we need a new logo, new site, new twitter account, new everything, since the old ones we can't use.

This rocket is a human rocket. It's not an UFO.

UFO coin should be relevant and cool for the sci-fi and ufo loving subculture. It's not meant to be a mainstream coin. It's a fan coin.
To retarget each 20 blocks

Code:
static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 30 * 60; // UFO Coin difficulty retarget 
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 90; // UFO Coin 1.5 minutes per block
static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing; // 20 blocks result

missing rule when to use new target:

if(height < 30000)
        else

You are right so it should be for 20 blocks:

Code:
static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 30 * 60; // UFO Coin difficulty retarget 
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 90; // UFO Coin 1.5 minutes per block
static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing; // 20 blocks result
static const int64 nTargetTimespanOld = 1 * 24 * 60 * 60; // UFO: 1 days
static const int64 nIntervalOld = nTargetTimespanOld / nTargetSpacing;

if(height < 30000)
        else
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I don't know how all this code and crypto works exactly, but if I can help some how let me know. I am professional online reseller. If something I can do will benefit the coin just say so.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
u guys gonna inject the retarget in the source code ??

is it that simple ?
I see there is a to-do for a new logo. I did the original one. If you guys tell me what's wrong with it and what is the objective for the new one I'm happy to do it.

Pages:
Jump to: