Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][UFR][ICO] Upfiring | Incentivized P2P File-Sharing - page 22. (Read 38748 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Do you guys have any patents pending?

?

Hmmmm...

Never thought about that!
Is there any cryptocurrency related patent issued?

I've seen some using a sort of Proof of Creation to bypass patents.

That sounds interesting, can't find any PoC ICO's on a simple google search.
Activity: 486
Merit: 101
Do you guys have any partnerships, or are you even looking for any?

Coinfarmer around?
Activity: 392
Merit: 10

?

Hmmmm...

I've seen some using a sort of Proof of Creation to bypass patents.
Activity: 132
A p2p file-sharing project can be very successful.
Activity: 512
How would you describe your target audience?

?
Activity: 1428
Merit: 538
One question I have, is there any way that files that aren't often seeded will have a higher reward for seeding? Nothing more frustrating than trying to download something obscure on utorrent and finding there are no seeds.

The rewards will be based on file size. We may implement something like this down the line, however.

When it comes to storage, will your architecture function similarly to that of Storj?
Activity: 728
Merit: 139

?

Hmmmm...

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Where is the best place to get the most up to date track of your activities? This thread? Your Twitter?

I'm guessing it's not here, can't seem to get a response.
Do you guys have any partnerships, or are you even looking for any?
How would you describe your target audience?
Activity: 770
Since you get tokens for seeding content, will the higher demand stuff have higher reward to incentivize seeding it?

Yes, and the reward is split among all the seeders of a file. You get compensated each time someone downloads a file you are seeding, so if the demand is very high you'll get rewarded every single time it gets downloaded.

This reminds me of a private tracker I used to use. You would get points for seeding and uploading, and they even had a bounty system for highly desired content. You could trade those points in the store, mostly for digital stuff like titles and such.

Do you think there will be a bounty board so people can see the kind of stuff is highly in demand?

This is not in the initial development plan, but it's definitely going to be considered as we see what kind of content people are interested in. For now, the amount of UFR required will be standardized based on file-size.

Yeah that makes sense. Do you plan for UpFiring to be more of a community than most current public trackers?

Or is it going to be more decentralized?

Do you see UpFiring being more community based, or more decentralized? Just trying to get a feel for the platform.

These are two different and independent things. It's going to be decentralized, but building a community of trusted downloaders and seeders is a huge part of what we're trying to accomplish with the app.

So what will make it decentralized? Sorry for my ignorance.
Activity: 702
Merit: 105
t.me/CryptoPortfel > JOIN
What is the exact date of unlocking the tokens?
Activity: 392
Merit: 263
What wallet do/will we use? Im not comfortable at all with using MEW.
Activity: 205
Upfiring Team Member
One question I have, is there any way that files that aren't often seeded will have a higher reward for seeding? Nothing more frustrating than trying to download something obscure on utorrent and finding there are no seeds.

The rewards will be based on file size. We may implement something like this down the line, however.
Upfiring Team Member
Since you get tokens for seeding content, will the higher demand stuff have higher reward to incentivize seeding it?

Yes, and the reward is split among all the seeders of a file. You get compensated each time someone downloads a file you are seeding, so if the demand is very high you'll get rewarded every single time it gets downloaded.

This reminds me of a private tracker I used to use. You would get points for seeding and uploading, and they even had a bounty system for highly desired content. You could trade those points in the store, mostly for digital stuff like titles and such.

Do you think there will be a bounty board so people can see the kind of stuff is highly in demand?

This is not in the initial development plan, but it's definitely going to be considered as we see what kind of content people are interested in. For now, the amount of UFR required will be standardized based on file-size.

Yeah that makes sense. Do you plan for UpFiring to be more of a community than most current public trackers?

Or is it going to be more decentralized?

Do you see UpFiring being more community based, or more decentralized? Just trying to get a feel for the platform.

These are two different and independent things. It's going to be decentralized, but building a community of trusted downloaders and seeders is a huge part of what we're trying to accomplish with the app.
Upfiring Team Member
Can't seem to find a roadmap on your site, do you have one?

They have a small roadmap in the whitepaper.
https://upfiring.com/Upfiring_Whitepaper.pdf

Yep, this is accurate. More specific information can also be found in the whitepaper as well.
Do you think you will ever be able to reveal the team?

Or is it too much risk?
Can't seem to find a roadmap on your site, do you have one?

They have a small roadmap in the whitepaper.
https://upfiring.com/Upfiring_Whitepaper.pdf

Oh yeah I see it now, thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: