Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 177. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

A model that competes with Netflix and Amazon Prime will work great. Rights holders getting a cut and bandwidth hungry HD and 4k video kept in local loops rather than clogging up the global internet routes.

Look at how much Netflix is worth.  Now imagine VTR worth 10% of that  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1288
Just over two days left till we hit block 1M.

The question is will Dev care enough to give us a few words as to what's going on?

10,000VTR says he won't post a thing, anyone care to take my bet?
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Amazed this coin still has supporters after the months of dev silence. If he ever comes back he'll have some faithful community members to help him ... but that's a BIG 'IF' I think
Activity: 270
Nothing like a bit of suspense.

I'm still holding and also have a large wallet on a broken laptop hoping one day it will be worth having fixed  Grin
legendary
We're currently sitting at block 986209.

Assuming a daily rate of 1535 blocks (as per http://cryptoguru.tk/CurrencyInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR) and the number of blocks currently remaining until block 1,000,000 being 13791 it should take approximately 9 days (i.e. 9th August 2016 or thereabouts).

Mr. vTorrent we can certainly appreciate you do not find communication to be important; regardless, can you give us a full update at this point?

Consider it a milestone of sorts.

Well, I can't see block 1,000,000 being the target, unless notices have already been issued to Trex  Roll Eyes

Block 1,000,000 was the estimated hardfork target from vTorrent that he told me some time back; he said he might not reach it, but maybe its a good time to give us a more concise update.

Given vTorrent's track record of keeping to his word about giving out any info before it's ready, I can't see it myself.

That being said, with only one issue left to solve, maybe we could see it released by block 1M, depends on how long it takes him to suss it.

After 19 months it does feel close.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500

Assuming a daily rate of 1535 blocks (as per http://cryptoguru.tk/CurrencyInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR) and the number of blocks currently remaining until block 1,000,000 being 13791 it should take approximately 9 days (i.e. 9th August 2016 or thereabouts).

Mr. vTorrent we can certainly appreciate you do not find communication to be important; regardless, can you give us a full update at this point?

Well, I can't see block 1,000,000 being the target, unless notices have already been issued to Trex  Roll Eyes

Block 1,000,000 was the estimated hardfork target from vTorrent that he told me some time back; he said he might not reach it, but maybe its a good time to give us a more concise update.
legendary

Well, I can't see block 1,000,000 being the target, unless notices have already been issued to Trex  Roll Eyes

The main reason I am interested in because it has an economy behind it; many, many alt coins are just bitcoin clones that offer no actual use beyond the exchange of value.

When you have a coin that has the idea of an actual economy of use surrounding it then you will have far more people who aim for long term prospects.
legendary
Joystream dev:

Quote from: 24-July
We are going open source soon, when we near mainnet launch.

Second place, first loser.

Torrents done right have expandable consumption ie people!e use more than one.
legendary
Joystream dev:

Second place, first loser.
legendary
Joystream dev:

also, I informed GrinZ from cryptoguru about current seed/node addresses so hopefully the blockchain will not come out of sync anytime soon again.

July 26:
"Hello,

Please do not worry about that as all of the client running 0.8.1 are getting over 6 connections most of the time.

There are some problems in building Windows client since version 0.8.1, it is compiled with 0 errors but still get dozen of linker issues.

Once we get that problem solved with no other issue, 0.8.1 will be officially release to public.

Regards,
vTorrent"

Interesting, could we see a new wallet in a few weeks?

I don't know, I also asked if we'll see actuall torrent features in this upcoming release and have yet to receive a reply.

legendary

July 26:
"Hello,

Please do not worry about that as all of the client running 0.8.1 are getting over 6 connections most of the time.

There are some problems in building Windows client since version 0.8.1, it is compiled with 0 errors but still get dozen of linker issues.

Once we get that problem solved with no other issue, 0.8.1 will be officially release to public.

Regards,
vTorrent"

Interesting, could we see a new wallet in a few weeks?
So even though the dev doesn't post here like ever here are the PMs I've received from him in relation to development (I did PM and ask him but he didn't reply back obviously so I just assume its fine to share this stuff).

May 20:
"About current development status,

Core wallet that being tested contains all patches and many important bug fixes to match latest commits (May 9, 2016) of Shadow Project (see https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/commits/master)

Block number for requires hardfork of new protocol is currently planned for block 1,000,000 but could be postpone if needed.

Security wise, our 2FA is being hardening in some areas.

Bittorrent implementation is still in CLI phrase, nothing like pretty UI yet but I will try to provide you some screenshot or screencast showing what I am working on hopefully within next month.

Regards,

vTorrent"

July 26:
"Hello,

Regards,
vTorrent"

As a side note I have paid for 3 months of premium at cryptoguru for the block explorer
http://cryptoguru.tk/CurrencyInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR

As a disclaimer: I don't have any direct relationship to the dev, I'm just a long time investor in this project so would like to see it succeed eventually. The one shining quality about this project seems to be the complete lack of communication, I suppose if the dev really wanted to he could've pumped and dumped this shit like a thousand times over with bullshit announcements etc, but he hasn't. It's already been about 2 years of waiting for me, so I will remain patient and optimistic.
Activity: 544
Activity: 406
My turd polish post made me LEGENDARY!!!!!!!! status.

LOL.

congratulations lol
Jump to: