Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 172. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Given that the current client is slow as hell to download the blockchain please find a link to an archived copy of the blockchain with a file containing some nodes

https://mega.nz/#!MJdDjYCQ

decryption key is

!qWxzJoTdsZozfGGEKRm4ftaXH7qy18l-WEuT5kaAKl4

This is the blockchain as per about a day ago (roughly block 1,010,000)

Hopefully this will help anyone who is trying to stake to do so a lot quicker.

Depending on how the torrent features will be implemented, this should be the first VTR torrent.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Dear all investors and supporters,

As of now, vTorrent network is currently at block number 999,9xx and will be reaching block number 1,000,000 very soon.

I will be releasing our new client for both Windows and Mac as promised along with provide some insight to our progress within next Sunday.

Thank you all for your support,

vTorrent

One day left, let's see if Dev is a man of his word.
legendary
a 0.8.1 client is currently connected however this isn't reflected by cryptoguru for some reason.

There are around 8 peers at the moment which is the most I've seen on VTR for about forever.

The 0.8.1 client is only synced up about 60%.

Looks like some testing is still going on, hope dev finishes up soon.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Given that the current client is slow as hell to download the blockchain please find a link to an archived copy of the blockchain with a file containing some nodes

https://mega.nz/#!MJdDjYCQ

decryption key is

!qWxzJoTdsZozfGGEKRm4ftaXH7qy18l-WEuT5kaAKl4

This is the blockchain as per about a day ago (roughly block 1,010,000)

Hopefully this will help anyone who is trying to stake to do so a lot quicker.
a 0.8.1 client is currently connected however this isn't reflected by cryptoguru for some reason.

There are around 8 peers at the moment which is the most I've seen on VTR for about forever.

The 0.8.1 client is only synced up about 60%.
legendary
Not long till Sunday.  Grin
I still want to know how VTR got onto the iPad without being in the App Store.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

I was hoping he got it in officially but perhaps under a fake name.  That would be killer.

A jailbreak to install VTR is still impressive, but not practical for a market wanting to move large files, not unless there is some streaming feature we don't know about.

Well it does have an in-app market/bittrex interface so you can buy/sell your VTR or "tokens" whilst not using a PC.

So there is a usage scenario outside of your regular computer user.
legendary

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

I was hoping he got it in officially but perhaps under a fake name.  That would be killer.

A jailbreak to install VTR is still impressive, but not practical for a market wanting to move large files, not unless there is some streaming feature we don't know about.
Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us
legendary
Top wallet has been a busy boy today, from 350 upto 500k.

Own up who is it?

Someone knows something that will happen this coming sunday.

Could be a gambler, or like you said someone who knows something. Shocked

I’ve increased my position also, but i'm just gambling. Grin

You can see recent transactions/charts via the cryptoguru link and draw your own conclusions. There have been some transfers of a large amount of VTR in recent days. I've personally paid up for like 4 months so far (I think another 2 are remaining, once it expires I will use my own personal judgement whether to extend or not)

But even 500k is only 5% of the entire currency so I don't see that person being a "major player" of the currency. Secondly, its actually better in the long term that more of VTR is available on an exchange; previously we only had about 3-4% available whereas now we have 8-10% which makes things a bit more transparent for everyone concerned.

As always people have to do their own due diligence. I've paid for cryptoguru so people can actually tell whether a bagholder has sent xyz amount to bittrex or simply purchased it or whatever. Make up your own minds.
legendary

Own up who is it?

Could be a gambler, or like you said someone who knows something. Shocked

I’ve increased my position also, but i'm just gambling. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1764

Own up who is it?

legendary

Own up who is it?
I learn a lot from this developer every time i visit this thread.
You fool people once is a different thing but you make them dependent on you is a awesome tactic.

Carry on! Wink Wink

Tactic for what?

If there was any actual pump/dump going on I'd agree with you, but nothing has happened yet.

Besides that, the idea has actual merit; its not just a generic shitcoin clone v2324243. It has a function. It has a real purpose if it is ever finished/released.
Activity: 686
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
I learn a lot from this developer every time i visit this thread.
You fool people once is a different thing but you make them dependent on you is a awesome tactic.

Carry on! Wink Wink

DEV LEFT US CRYING,  DUMP IT!

Grin

You mean you joined this thread 2-3 months ago out of a 21 month dev period and you throw your toys out of the cot now?

Anyway, if you bothered to check the network list you'll see that an 0.8.1 client was connected about 6-7 hours ago today.
legendary

Grin

Did you get your buy orders filled?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Grin
legendary
Sunday 2019, here we come!  Cheesy
I guess we'll find out THIS Sunday.

Sure, you will get another pre-alpha release, with no torrent functions (shocking)..  and then wait another year for another pre alpha release... yay.
You better move your buy orders a bit lower.

May 20 - ik_do

"About current development status,

Core wallet that being tested contains all patches and many important bug fixes to match latest commits (May 9, 2016) of Shadow Project (see https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/commits/master)

Block number for requires hardfork of new protocol is currently planned for block 1,000,000 but could be postpone if needed.

Security wise, our 2FA is being hardening in some areas.

Bittorrent implementation is still in CLI phrase, nothing like pretty UI yet but I will try to provide you some screenshot or screencast showing what I am working on hopefully within next month.

Regards,

vTorrent"

[quote/]

Two months later!

july 26 - ik_do
"Hello,

Please do not worry about that as all of the client running 0.8.1 are getting over 6 connections most of the time.

There are some problems in building Windows client since version 0.8.1, it is compiled with 0 errors but still get dozen of linker issues.

Once we get that problem solved with no other issue, 0.8.1 will be officially release to public.

Regards,
vTorrent"

Best you start putting them buys a little higher  Cheesy
Jump to: