Author

Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet - page 232. (Read 268507 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
reduce the reward and extend the Pow Stage.

total amount in PoW stage is around 7-10 million.

Keep things simple!

+1 now
+1
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
If it weren't for our videocards mining this from the start before most people even knew the coin existed, we would not be here. I'm not sure if you guys see what happens to Pow/Pos coins after the PoW is done, but from what I see most are dead or dying except for a few. I am a miner but I hold my coins, to say every miner dumps is wrong, and to say investors don't dump is wrong. If anything is going to change I would say block reduction and longer block times if necessary.  
Nonsense...the pools all dump xc for btc. You are trying to protect your mining profits on the backs of investors. Whatever...other than a few miners, I believe the community has a singular voice. The PoW should end soon.

Problem is we need miners to secure the blockchain.

No POS secures block chain with POW and after POW ends

That works for me. Also if we keep POS low e.g. only 3% per year we are effectively cutting down supply from 33 million to 5~10 million since POS will be very slow. This will cause prices to rise too. Since im an investor im happy with this system, mining is really unfair I believe since its monopolised by the big mining farms who come in right at launch to switch on 10,000x the average miners mining power and sweep up a million coins.

Whatever is decided I am standing strong with this coin! I'm not mining it at the moment but I sure am buying it. Keep up the awesome work Dev thats really what matters.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
reduce the reward and extend the Pow Stage.

total amount in PoW stage is around 7-10 million.

Keep things simple!

+1 now
Activity: 224
If it weren't for our videocards mining this from the start before most people even knew the coin existed, we would not be here. I'm not sure if you guys see what happens to Pow/Pos coins after the PoW is done, but from what I see most are dead or dying except for a few. I am a miner but I hold my coins, to say every miner dumps is wrong, and to say investors don't dump is wrong. If anything is going to change I would say block reduction and longer block times if necessary.  
Nonsense...the pools all dump xc for btc. You are trying to protect your mining profits on the backs of investors. Whatever...other than a few miners, I believe the community has a singular voice. The PoW should end soon.

That works for me. Also if we keep POS low e.g. only 3% per year we are effectively cutting down supply from 33 million to 5~10 million since POS will be very slow. This will cause prices to rise too. Since im an investor im happy with this system, mining is really unfair I believe since its monopolised by the big mining farms who come in right at launch to switch on 10,000x the average miners mining power and sweep up a million coins.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Activity: 756
A lot of debate for something that was just supposed to be a question, I was hoping for more productive feedback.

This coin was developed as an extended POW, that was stated from the get-go.  I'd like to come up with a more productive way to weigh out the pro's and con's of reducing POW.

A hard fork will be required and as it stands now - the anonymous mode (xmode) won't require a hard fork to work.  I'm looking for information feedback based on real information this change.  There are so many variables at stake.  XMODE will require users hold back coins if they are running xnodes, which will reduce supply as well.. its at least a 1000XC if not more for a xnode...

lets build a master list/google doc of pro's & con's.... my current thoughts are that it should not be changed

Activity: 122
Activity: 821
Dev, if you want a rich list drop me a PM.
Activity: 43
Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Move to another coin. We don't like our investment being raped by your graphics cards.

You don't get it - don't you? This is not your coin. And it's not my coin. I hold a share and you probably too. I can do with my coins what I want. I can do with my graphic cards what I want. That's freedom, babe. So calm down and accept other opinions.
Miners objection to the coin count reduction is self serving. Investors proposal for the coin reduction is self serving. Miners will be long gone in a few weeks but the investors will be here long term so the investors should be calling the shots...

Did you ever come across the thought that a miner might actually sell and hold?  Smiley

Notice that almost all (of the 3-4 people) that are advocating for longer mining + greater total supply, can not speak proper English.  They are probably chinese with mining farms/asics.

And no I'm not chinese but I guess you will have much more problems with my language than I have with yours. So what? And I find it funny to discuss with so many greedy and self-satisfied people.

Trezi's comment: "Did you ever come across the thought that a miner might actually sell and hold?  Smiley"

You see that (in red, "sell")?  He obviously meant "mine and hold."  Clearly a Freudian slip.  #exposed

Wink

No, I meant sell Mr. Bot. I suggest you leave your amateurish psychological analysis aside and get back to topic.
Move to another coin. We don't like our investment being raped by your graphics cards.
Miners objection to the coin count reduction is self serving. Investors proposal for the coin reduction is self serving. Miners will be long gone in a few weeks but the investors will be here long term so the investors should be calling the shots...

Did you ever come across the thought that a miner might actually sell and hold?  Smiley

Notice that almost all (of the 3-4 people) that are advocating for longer mining + greater total supply, can not speak proper English.  They are probably chinese with mining farms/asics.

And no I'm not chinese but I guess you will have much more problems with my language than I have with yours. So what? And I find it funny to discuss with so many greedy and self-satisfied people.

Trezi's comment: "Did you ever come across the thought that a miner might actually sell and hold?  Smiley"

You see that (in red, "sell")?  He obviously meant "mine and hold."  Clearly a Freudian slip.  #exposed

Wink

No, I meant sell Mr. Bot. I suggest you leave your amateurish psychological analysis aside and get back to topic.
Massive support now at 0.00020. I think we are about to see a parabolic move to 0.0003 and above at breakneck speeds. Unlimited liquidity buying up XC at the 20 buy wall.
Activity: 616

Did you ever come across the thought that a miner might actually sell and hold?  Smiley

Notice that almost all (of the 3-4 people) that are advocating for longer mining + greater total supply, can not speak proper English.  They are probably chinese with mining farms/asics.

Trezi's comment: "Did you ever come across the thought that a miner might actually sell and hold?  Smiley"

You see that (in red, "sell")?  He obviously meant "mine and hold."  Clearly a Freudian slip.  #exposed

Wink

Did you ever come across the thought that a miner might actually sell and hold?  Smiley

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

But the only people here that are not happy with the lower coin count is the miners that are just going to dump the coins for btc. They are happy with this coin as it has a good BTC per mh/s payout. Lets stop this nonsense. This is a PoS coin, it should not be about giving money to people with graphic cards solving problems. Let the investors have it and see where we can take it. Send the miners back to the PoW coins where they serve a purpose.

Dude, what are you talking there? Up to now it is a POW/POS coin. Long term POW by the dev. And why is it nonsense to make profit from mining? People have counted on that feature. It is natural that they are complaining now.

Thank you. People starting understan me. We must think long term.
Activity: 56
And now the dev has gone offline - great  Undecided
he is working on the wallet, he want's it ready by sunday and probably doesn't want to get involved with this crap, i think he understands our concerns about the amount of coins, or he wouldn't of given us the choice to change it

But this... crap... is important and must - as you said yourself - be settled before the wallet is released.

Dev give promise. He will do what the community agree's to. So far community wants 7-10M PoW coins. Or drk/ltc like minin.
i would be more then happy with this, just trying to come to a happy medium with the ppl who are not
But the only people here that are not happy with the lower coin count is the miners that are just going to dump the coins for btc. They are happy with this coin as it has a good BTC per mh/s payout. Lets stop this nonsense. This is a PoS coin, it should not be about giving money to people with graphic cards solving problems. Let the investors have it and see where we can take it. Send the miners back to the PoW coins where they serve a purpose.

This.  Notice that almost all (of the 3-4 people) that are advocating for longer mining + greater total supply, can not speak proper English.  They are probably chinese with mining farms/asics. This is just stupid that we are listening to them.  As we speak, CryptCoin is cutting their supply from 17m to 11m and reducing block rewards, and none of them are bitching about it.  

Dev, just lower the supply / block reward and act confident in your decision, because it is the smart thing to do.  And the few voices of those who complain will be lost in the sea of voices that praise you for a smart move.

Dude, what are you talking there? Up to now it is a POW/POS coin. Long term POW by the dev. And why is it nonsense to make profit from mining? People have counted on that feature. It is natural that they are complaining now.
Jump to: