Author

Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet - page 233. (Read 268507 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

But the only people here that are not happy with the lower coin count is the miners that are just going to dump the coins for btc. They are happy with this coin as it has a good BTC per mh/s payout. Lets stop this nonsense. This is a PoS coin, it should not be about giving money to people with graphic cards solving problems. Let the investors have it and see where we can take it. Send the miners back to the PoW coins where they serve a purpose.

Dude, what are you talking there? Up to now it is a POW/POS coin. Long term POW by the dev. And why is it nonsense to make profit from mining? People have counted on that feature. It is natural that they are complaining now.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
And now the dev has gone offline - great  Undecided
he is working on the wallet, he want's it ready by sunday and probably doesn't want to get involved with this crap, i think he understands our concerns about the amount of coins, or he wouldn't of given us the choice to change it

But this... crap... is important and must - as you said yourself - be settled before the wallet is released.

Dev give promise. He will do what the community agree's to. So far community wants 7-10M PoW coins. Or drk/ltc like minin.
i would be more then happy with this, just trying to come to a happy medium with the ppl who are not
But the only people here that are not happy with the lower coin count is the miners that are just going to dump the coins for btc. They are happy with this coin as it has a good BTC per mh/s payout. Lets stop this nonsense. This is a PoS coin, it should not be about giving money to people with graphic cards solving problems. Let the investors have it and see where we can take it. Send the miners back to the PoW coins where they serve a purpose.

They dumping contiune 12 weeks more. Over 17M coins! This will kill the XC.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
he is working on the wallet, he want's it ready by sunday and probably doesn't want to get involved with this crap, i think he understands our concerns about the amount of coins, or he wouldn't of given us the choice to change it

But this... crap... is important and must - as you said yourself - be settled before the wallet is released.

Dev give promise. He will do what the community agree's to. So far community wants 7-10M PoW coins. Or drk/ltc like minin.
i would be more then happy with this, just trying to come to a happy medium with the ppl who are not
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

Imho, debugging the anon part is so much harder than changing the coin specs.  I have confidence in the dev.  He will tackle the hardest part first then everything will fall into place.

I would not rush him..Too much at stake: if the anon part does not work then this coin will tank
legendary

i agree, it does need to be settled and soon either cut pow down or continue it on like drk or btc is doing were it will take years to mine the total supply of coins

legendary
well that's why he left it up to us to discuss it, but it's up to him in the end, i do hope it changes a bit though, either cut pow down to between 7-and 10 mil or something like drk or btc were the blocks are smaller and difficulty higher

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I forgot where I put my wallet.dat

Yeah, I would much rather him focus on the anon aspect of the coin at the moment. Without it, changing the PoW structure is a moot point lol.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
So what's going on with this coin?  I'm ready to invest but what are people getting upset about?  Something about the dev changing how many coins will be in existence?

It's a passionate discussion on the possibility of reducing the number of coins for POW....I got distracted myself
We just want to over 17M coins don't dump on us kill the coin. Even anon wallet can't survive this.
legendary
So what's going on with this coin?  I'm ready to invest but what are people getting upset about?  Something about the dev changing how many coins will be in existence?
if we don't change it in the next 3 months 17+ million coins are going to be mined before pos starts, we want to reduce that number to avoid saturation, or reduce the block rewards to something like  DRK or BTC
It is highly professional to update and modify the coin to be more effective and successful actually. Those that make a coin and walk away, that is unprofessional.

I don't deny that but there are some specifications which are important parameters. And POW/POS, amount of coins - that's one of the first things i would decide when i release a crypto currency. Anyway if you check the devs post history, you will see that he is or was a miner himself - so I'm really curious how he will decide.
legendary
Activity: 1540
So what's going on with this coin?  I'm ready to invest but what are people getting upset about?  Something about the dev changing how many coins will be in existence?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
It is highly professional to update and modify the coin to be more effective and successful actually. Those that make a coin and walk away, that is unprofessional.
legendary
Another option, why not keep the coin count as-is, just decrease block rewards, increase difficulty drastically, let POS work on any mined coins and be done with it?

One reason DRK will be worth so much is mining for 1 DRK is like mining for 1 LTC and probably soon even 1 BTC.

I think fast mines is why so many POW coins like Myriadcoin have failed to attain any value, mining should be an EXERCISE to get a coin, not something you just sit back with your rig and watch the coins come pouring in by the thousands, it's not valuable if it takes little work to get one.
i could agree to that, still cut the coins down in pow but also cut the blocks so miners can mine far into the future, and the wallet can still have pos

That is roughly what Darkcoin did, although it is a permanent POW coin, they lowered rewards. People still mine it, value of coins went up. People that follow DRK still greatly respect it because Evan constantly innovates. XC appears like an innovative coin. DRK is #3 market cap and aiming at LTC now, so, seems that change didn't hurt DRK at all. As a miner I support it. I will mine it now, I will mine it then.
i agree with that completely as well, a set up like DRK would be perfect, and the miners would be happy, i don't want to cut the miners out, i just don't want 10 million + coins created in the next 3 months if it was like DRK or BTC it would be perfect, but with pos obviously
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
This is shit - waiting for the dev because his decision will affect the price. I'm ready to dump or pump. But it's not funny. It's FUD. And it's highly unprofessional to change a coins specifications afterwards... same with the anon and all the other stuff.

I agree

The number of pow is very important

but first

The dev's action is most important.

But there is no action.

I imagine the dev is coding.
Jump to: