Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 55. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
NO. Its because those shitcoins release new stuff all the time even if its just announcements, good coins think they can not do anything and people will magically buy the coins.
No, it's because those shitcoin people spend all their time and money on promotion and marketing so that their premined coins can be sold for a hefty profit. All they care about is whether or not people buy their coin and push the price up. And it's sad because many of the top ranking coins are not there due to their innovation or merit, but simply because they had a strong marketing campaign.

My main focus is not promotion because I don't treat Cryptonite like a business. But I am doing what I can to spread awareness of Cryptonite, I've done several interviews and most recently my goal is to get XCN accepted by one of the altcoin payment processors so that I can create a market around XCN and give people a reason to own XCN apart from just holding and hoping the price goes up.

Cryptonite is and always will be an open source community project, not a company owned by anyone. There will never be a "Cryptonite Foundation" because history shows that those types of centralized organizations are easily corrupted and are the antithesis of P2P technology. My point is, this is a community effort, don't expect us to do everything. We are all responsible for the success of Cryptonite.

+1

we should find more places to advertise the great benefits of XCN.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
NO. Its because those shitcoins release new stuff all the time even if its just announcements, good coins think they can not do anything and people will magically buy the coins.
No, it's because those shitcoin people spend all their time and money on promotion and marketing so that their premined coins can be sold for a hefty profit. All they care about is whether or not people buy their coin and push the price up. And it's sad because many of the top ranking coins are not there due to their innovation or merit, but simply because they had a strong marketing campaign.

My main focus is not promotion because I don't treat Cryptonite like a business. But I am doing what I can to spread awareness of Cryptonite, I've done several interviews and most recently my goal is to get XCN accepted by one of the altcoin payment processors so that I can create a market around XCN and give people a reason to own XCN apart from just holding and hoping the price goes up.

Cryptonite is and always will be an open source community project, not a company owned by anyone. There will never be a "Cryptonite Foundation" because history shows that those types of centralized organizations are easily corrupted and are the antithesis of P2P technology. My point is, this is a community effort, don't expect us to do everything. We are all responsible for the success of Cryptonite.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Wow Wtf, this is disappointing. This coin probably interest(ed) a lot of people. Dev can you PLEASE do something to this coin to make it popular.

I mined a few weeks after launch, thought it was going somewhere..in another 1 month like this itll be completely dead. PLEASE DO SOMETHING I  BEG OF YOU

Dude like what?  You do something ... lol o.0

Exactly. The dev has made the coin i.e. 99% of the work.

If the coin has genuine value in the market, and it does seem that way, it will catch on.

Most people are okay with spamming shitcoins but have a healthy distaste for pumping better coins.

Activity: 8
Wow Wtf, this is disappointing. This coin probably interest(ed) a lot of people. Dev can you PLEASE do something to this coin to make it popular.

I mined a few weeks after launch, thought it was going somewhere..in another 1 month like this itll be completely dead. PLEASE DO SOMETHING I  BEG OF YOU

Exactly. The dev has made the coin i.e. 99% of the work.

If the coin has genuine value in the market, and it does seem that way, it will catch on.

Most people are okay with spamming shitcoins but have a healthy distaste for pumping better coins.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
How bit would the bit coin blockchain be under the cryptonite implementation?
Activity: 42

legendary
electronic [r]evolution
One good idea I have is to add XCN support to my BitShop script so that all existing shops using my script can sell products for XCN. I will ask an altcoin payment gateway such as coinpayments.net to accept XCN and in return I will add support for their gateway to BitShop, which will bring them a lot of new users. That way I can create a fairly good marketplace around XCN quite quickly.
Well I was unable to contact coinpayments.net directly because they don't provide a contact email address, but I was able to use their coin request form and told them that I have a proposal which will benefit all parties involved. Hopefully they will respond soon, but if anyone knows of any other good cryptocurrency payment processors which accept a wide range of coins, let me know and I will send them the same proposal.
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
someone should make some tee shirts or hats Grin  cryptonite hat would be cool.
Activity: 8
All Alts are down because of BTC crashing. Contrary to 99.9% of Alt(shit)coins out there, XCN will always own great fundamentals. Im not concerned at all and will buy more soon for sure.

People are slow to learn or quick to forget. The Russkies are doing exactly what the Chinese did. In a few days or so news from russia will tank the bitcoin market, russian exchanges will mysteriously end up with a huge increase in physical control of bitcoin.

Actually looks like govts conspiring to distribute bitcoin among the 3 major poles.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7168919
Activity: 215
Merit: 102
All Alts are down because of BTC crashing. Contrary to 99.9% of Alt(shit)coins out there, XCN will always own great fundamentals. Im not concerned at all and will buy more soon for sure.
Activity: 938

You can donate to either of these addresses:
XCN: CcFE7EWRuBVe4FrJoVJyEeW5GvZZ4spNqN

Sent my donation to bitfreak. Still mining your coin like no tomorrow. This is the only reason for me to keep my farm running at a loss now.
Txid: 2b2cf389054e17ae7837d68d0e40c9a7ecd7187239bfe786357239c4f8b1cc38

legendary
electronic [r]evolution
When running the configure step of the build, I got a warning about my Berkeley DB embedded database system version.  In fact, I had to rerun configure with the flag "--with-incompatible-bdb".  The build wants version 4.8, but on my system I have version 5.3.28-2.  How important is this?  Do I need to go to the trouble of rolling back my Berkeley DB to the older version?
I believe 5.3 should work, give it a try and see. But to be on the safe side you should build with 4.8.

Finally, I would like to offer to help out.  Is the BTC address on page one of this thread still valid for contributions?  I'll send what I can.  Also, I have about 18,000 LTB coin I am willing to donate if you find that useful (to go toward a sponsor token or for some other purpose).
You can donate to either of these addresses:
XCN: CcFE7EWRuBVe4FrJoVJyEeW5GvZZ4spNqN
BTC: 15XvdRtPpon1wxx4SeNbR4WZtU5mdE8A5S

Do you think it would be useful to repeat the XCN announcement on the LTB community forum to raise awareness?  I really want to see this succeed.
I'm hesitant to repost the XCN announcement on other forums because I don't have the time to keep track of multiple Cryptonite threads on different websites. I'd rather most discussion was kept to this thread until I create our own official forum. But if you want to repost the XCN announcement in other places don't let me stop you.
Activity: 6
To bitfreak, I would like to say a sincere thank you for this contribution.  It seems to me the bitcoin community may have rushed to work on 2.0 apps before work was finished on a solid 1.0 money app.  A digital money that can scale to global use by billions of people (isn't that the goal?)... and IMO money is THE killer app in this space.  So thank you, bitfreak, for having your priorities straight!  Also, I still just don't trust PoS systems. After all, that's exactly what the Federal Reserve banking cartel is... a PoS system.

I'm running on an Arch Linux system, so I got the source code from GitHub and built it.  So far, cryptonite-qt seems to be running like a champ, it synced to the network very quickly (as compared to my experience with bitcoin-qt).  I even ran it with setgenerate turned on for about 16 hours with all four of my laptops CPUs cranking... but of course I didn't get any blocks.  I aquired some XCN on BTER to try out the wallet, but I want to ask a question first.

When running the configure step of the build, I got a warning about my Berkeley DB embedded database system version.  In fact, I had to rerun configure with the flag "--with-incompatible-bdb".  The build wants version 4.8, but on my system I have version 5.3.28-2.  How important is this?  Do I need to go to the trouble of rolling back my Berkeley DB to the older version?

Finally, I would like to offer to help out.  Is the BTC address on page one of this thread still valid for contributions?  I'll send what I can.  Also, I have about 18,000 LTB coin I am willing to donate if you find that useful (to go toward a sponsor token or for some other purpose).  Do you think it would be useful to repeat the XCN announcement on the LTB community forum to raise awareness?  I really want to see this succeed.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Bitcoin should have many more transactions though, and that's where most of the work of validating should be.

Figuring this out would likely require some profiling but it sounds to me like something about Cryptnite is bogging down a bit here.
Well I believe the blocks are downloaded and validated in a simultaneous fashion, so it's not quite that simple. I think it's mainly just because there are faster Bitcoin seed nodes which allow the blockchain to be downloaded at very fast speeds but there are several different factors playing a role.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I let my Bitcoin wallet and Cryptonite wallet get out of sync by eight days. I then started them both at the same time to see which would finish syncing first.
I was expecting Bitcoin to lose badly.
Bitcoin won by six minutes.  
Huh
Well in that case there isn't much difference between what they need to do. If you wait like a few weeks then Cryptonite should definitely win, because Cryptonite will only attempt to download the last 10k blocks, but Bitcoin will attempt to download every block it has missed. Bitcoin may have been faster in your test simply because there are more bitcoin seed nodes or because Cryptonite lost a few minutes downloading the trie.

EDIT: actually it's also very important to remember that Cryptonite has a block rate of 1 per minute where as Bitcoin is 1 every 10 minutes, and that's probably why Bitcoin won in your test, because there were less blocks to download. But like I said Cryptonite will still win if you wait a few weeks and run the same test because Cryptonite only needs to download the last 10k blocks regardless of how long you stay offline.

Bitcoin should have many more transactions though, and that's where most of the work of validating should be.

Figuring this out would likely require some profiling but it sounds to me like something about Cryptnite is bogging down a bit here.

legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I'm new to XCN. I downloaded the wallet this morning, but now it's stuck on being eight days behind, after leaving it open all day. I'm using win64_cryptonite-qt_14091021.exe.
Try running -resync and adding the nodes listed below. If all else fails then sync using cryptonited and then once fully synced switch to cryptonite-qt. For some reason the sync process in Qt seems to be a bit buggy, especially on Windows.

47.55.147.150:8253
174.6.46.186:8253
66.45.239.67:8253
217.129.141.209:8253
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I open my wallet only maybe once a week, but it's syncing pretty fast, can't complain about the speed here.
Like I said, unless you wait several weeks you wont really notice any advantage. Syncing once per week is the same as syncing once per day overall because you're not skipping any blocks unless you wait more than a week. If you wait more than a week before resyncing that's when you will see a difference because it will only download the last 10k blocks. Stay offline for 10 years and try to sync and it will still only download the last 10k blocks (and account tree), but that doesn't mean it's missing any data, it can still be a full node and do anything a full node can do because of the way the account tree summarizes the entire state of all addresses and since transactions become instantly spent when applied to the account tree.
Activity: 5
I let my Bitcoin wallet and Cryptonite wallet get out of sync by eight days. I then started them both at the same time to see which would finish syncing first.
I was expecting Bitcoin to lose badly.
Bitcoin won by six minutes. 
Huh

Why? There are thousands of full BTC nodes.

My XCN wallet syncs up very fast though

I'm new to XCN. I downloaded the wallet this morning, but now it's stuck on being eight days behind, after leaving it open all day. I'm using win64_cryptonite-qt_14091021.exe.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
I open my wallet only maybe once a week, but it's syncing pretty fast, can't complain about the speed here.
Pages:
Jump to: