Author

Topic: [ANN][XLM] Stellar - Decentralized trading platform - page 192. (Read 243242 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Where is the claim link?
jed
Activity: 182
Merit: 107
Jed McCaleb
 m3110w: Yeah you can claim for as many BTC addresses you have.
Activity: 94
Merit: 11
Newbie here... I used one of my btc addresses to claim some lumens. This address has about half my total btc. I have the other half on another address in my Electrum btc wallet. Can I claim some lumens using this other address? I'm guessing they allow only one lumens claim per user, but I want to check. Thanks,
jed
Jed McCaleb
Someone created a forum for Stellar: https://galactictalk.org/
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I miss this coin  Cheesy
Activity: 266
Gosh, with so much Lumens being airdropped in every single way possible. Wouldn't that just drive the price of it way down? As if it's not low enough already.

It was at 34 sats a while back.

Hope we don't revisit that.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Stellar is a coin that does not seem to care about all the greedy investors. They put their efforts in delivering fundamentals. These fundamentals are as good as ETH or XRP. That's why I bought.

And please give away more Lumens, if it helps to increase the adoption.

And without investors how does it raise development funds exactly?Without traders how does it have liquidity?etc etc...
legendary
Activity: 1232
Stellar is a coin that does not seem to care about all the greedy investors. They put their efforts in delivering fundamentals. These fundamentals are as good as ETH or XRP. That's why I bought.

And please give away more Lumens, if it helps to increase the adoption.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Gosh, with so much Lumens being airdropped in every single way possible. Wouldn't that just drive the price of it way down? As if it's not low enough already.

It was at 34 sats a while back.
jed
Jed McCaleb
Hard to say.  Awarding the lumens to people building things built on stellar will hopefully cause more things to be built on stellar which could make the whole system more valuable.
Activity: 266
jed
Jed McCaleb
Well just btc holders. We are doing the xrp one in the next round.
Activity: 364
The 4th industrial revolution!
So this time next week, btc and xrp holders with eligible snapshot criteria, Facebook auth and etc can claim their lumens?
jed
Jed McCaleb
HarrKPeters: We are doing something like you suggest now: 2B+ lumens will be awarded to projects built on Stellar more info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1529992.new#new
and here: https://www.stellar.org/blog/build-challenge/

Emerger: We are limited on how we can do it by US regulations. We have to ensure that we are not giving lumens to people on the US sanctions list. So we need some way of verifying who they are.

Crypto*Digger:  yes the distributed exchange is working but it depends on 3rd parties to become what we call anchors to put other currencies into the network.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Entrepreneur and blockchain enthusiast
Is the decentralized exchange functioning?
Activity: 199
Merit: 102
I am disappointed that after all this time the first giveaway to BTC holders is only for facebook users or (even worse) those silly enough to send all their BTC to an exchange. I understood the Stellar giveaways were supposed to honor Bitcoin's important role in the technology, so the way the lumen giveaway is being run seems completely contra to the decentralized notion of blockchains. I'm sure the Stellar team can find a better way.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
I Remember when this coin was in face two giveaway so many members wait for their stellars, but only some have receive it, imagine that billion of stellars, an official forum that went under because of lack of funding.
Activity: 1451
Merit: 973
Stellar market is manipulated by a handful of insiders with large bags
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

Stellar is doing great, but the fact to the matter is their is lacking some real marketing people there.

The giveaway for example.

1)
Seems like you've designed it so that stellar.org gets the bulk of the coins.

The calculation should be a percent of BTC that are used to claim Lumens is what should be used, not the percentage of the total BTC population. I expect less than 10% of BTC will be used to claim Lumen which means stellar.org will get 90% of the 3 billion.

2) Why give Lumens to holders. Use the community to promote it. Giving it away like this will only create more selling on the exchanges.
To let people earn stellar by making/writing about the concept, or cases (Nigeria) will make them understand the project and it's scope.

With that they are likely to hold their coins AND at the same time Stellar will get proper attention.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Thanks for the reply. The advisory board is really impressive. I never seen this thread before. I will be checking it more often. Keep up the good work.
Jump to: