Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure - page 13. (Read 849668 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Is the developer and team of the coin asleep? No progress, that's disappointing investors. Can the project go on? It looks like it needs a deep question mark  Huh
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
What big good news recently? I have some can not hold the coin, I want to give up, or not very high
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi all! I was going through a hard drive and I found an old XMY wallet (version 4.8.4) with some coins in it, and I was wondering if I'm still able to sync up to the network, or if these coins are lost forever.  Undecided

I've been out of the crypto loop for a while, but I always thought that Myriad was a great coin and had a lot of promise. Hopefully it'll continue to gain traction!

thanks

Wallets should be compatible across versions. Just update your daemon/wallet to latest version, and then put your old wallet.dat file in the data directory and start it up.

Awesome, thanks!

I updated to the newest version and it automatically updated my balance. It's synchronizing to the XMY network.  I'm 3 years and 22 weeks behind. lol 
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
Hi all! I was going through a hard drive and I found an old XMY wallet (version 4.8.4) with some coins in it, and I was wondering if I'm still able to sync up to the network, or if these coins are lost forever.  Undecided

I've been out of the crypto loop for a while, but I always thought that Myriad was a great coin and had a lot of promise. Hopefully it'll continue to gain traction!

thanks

Wallets should be compatible across versions. Just update your daemon/wallet to latest version, and then put your old wallet.dat file in the data directory and start it up.
Activity: 9

thanks

Activity: 80
just seeing this coin. cool i must say

Decentralised mining is really encouraged to block any form of monopoly.
Activity: 113
Lots of low price shit coins have seen 2x or higher gain these days.
I believe it will be Myriad's turn soon.
myriad shit coin ?  Huh
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Lots of low price shit coins have seen 2x or higher gain these days.
I believe it will be Myriad's turn soon.
Activity: 56
Greetings, friends at Myriad! As Komodo Platform has been working around the clock to fine-tune the multiple GUI's that are the face of our Agama multiwallet and BarterDEX atomic swap protocols, there have obviously been many bugs found and many debugged. However, one bug in particular was found not only in our Agama GUI wallet, but also in the zcash4mac GUI swing wallet. It is a simple bug, but it warrants your attention. This is a potential money cost bug, and as a Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrency, your GUI wallet(s) may be susceptible. We are reaching out directly to the developers and communities of the 60+ coins featured on Agama and BarterDEX as the bug may have a direct impact on you (via your own wallet).

watchonly-GUI bug: 'watchonly' addresses appearing as your own in GUI wallet; users could potentially send funds to the address, unaware it is not theirs or available for withdrawal. You can import and it becomes a 'watchonly' address. The GUI will display the address as yours, add its funds to your balance, and accept deposits, but cannot be withdrawn. This could be a normal address, my address, a p2sh address, satoshi's address, etc. This can be confusing to an end-user and will lead to many headaches for the developer, as is always the case with misplaced funds.

FOUND: in Komodo Platform's Agama multiwallet (fixed) and zcash4mac GUI swing wallet (@jl777B: "newest QT wallet seems ok about watch only, but not sure of older and when it was fixed")

ex. @grewalsatinder found the bug in his zcash swing wallet: https://i.imgur.com/sVd0QTL.png

Quote from: jl777B
"satinder used zcash4mac, ie. the zcash osx GUI, not ours... the assumption is no GUI out there properly handles watch only addresses, until proven that they do... agama also had this bug, which we found and fixed, so it seems a very common bug to have"

SOLUTION: For the 'watchonly' address or any address not yours, the value 'ismine' returns false. Any such address gets filtered out.

QUESTIONS:
  • How does your recommended GUI deal with watchonly addresses?
  • Does your GUI display watchonly addresses as different than actual addresses in the wallet?

We need to experiment a bit to see which approach gets a better response triggering the bug. People WILL lose money if they send funds to a watchonly address.

Quote from: jl777B
"the t3 addresses in the 'Own Addresses' column! and they absolutely cant be as they are p2sh addresses. it is clear proof that the bug is very real and anybody that understands a p2sh address will understand it cant be something in your wallet. it is usually a multisig address, so only if it is a 1of1 multisig (possible but very silly) can you have a p2sh address that is spendable, but the wallet wont even know it... normal addresses can also be watchonly, which makes this even worse. in that case it would appear in the list of addresses just like all the others. even if you are able to spot p2sh addresses visually, it wont be enough"

We want to spread awareness and facilitate discussion of this bug to minimize the impact.

Of course - we can always talk about how you can use BarterDEX today to trade Myriad via atomic swap directly with your peers, through our beta GUI and without downloading the entire blockchain ; ) That is how we found the bug, afterall.

Stay safe,
Jay
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
I think we need to change the topic to:

[ANN][XMY] Myriad | *PLEASE UPDATE* to 0.14.2.3 for SegWit activation | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
Myriad will need someone who can market this to public.
I think we can compete with Vertcoin they have great marketing. Look at their value now!
Activity: 626
Merit: 504
Hey guys wanted to ask, I mine on pokemongogo pool. Can I mine directly to JS mobile wallet? To use that address in my mining file?
thanks

You CAN, however if you're expecting a significant number of mining inputs you can expect jswallet to fail to sign an outgoing transaction eventually. It's not well suited for large numbers of utxos. No worries though, it gives you your private key which you could import into another wallet better suited for larger (as in number of bytes) transactions.
Activity: 119
Merit: 16
Hey guys wanted to ask, I mine on pokemongogo pool. Can I mine directly to JS mobile wallet? To use that address in my mining file?
thanks
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
Someone else having problem to withdraw Myriad from cryptopia? Every time says Invalid address. That address i use to use every time. I tried with different address from wallet but it is the same. I wrote to support but still no respond.
I am really glad to see Myriad finally getting more and more recognition as it is a superior token.

Hopefully the awareness within the crypto-community will continue to rise about Myriad.

Go team XMY!
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
Hey guys, im interested in the project, but wanted to ask is the project still alive, and are the devs doing updates ?
thanks

Yes, the software was just upgraded to modern Bitcoin codebase and Segwit activation by soft fork is under way. Discussion of changing out one or more algos also under way. Check out /r/myriadcoin on Reddit for active discussion.
Activity: 119
Merit: 16
Hey guys, im interested in the project, but wanted to ask is the project still alive, and are the devs doing updates ?
thanks
Activity: 2
Some of the exchanges have recently upped their minimum transaction size x10.
That makes it difficult for a small home miner to encash a week's output.
Is there demand for some micro-exchange, dealing from XMY to ?LTC, something else, something else, something else ?
What currencies would you want in exchange for XMY ?
Your thoughts please.
I bought MYRIAD in june 2017 when all altcoins where peaking and totally forgot about it...Since then I considered it a loss to never look back on. But now I am almost breakeven  Smiley.

Hopefully many more will recognize the potential this once small coin has!
Activity: 39
Promising coin to possess. Multi-Algo and secure transaction is its USP.
Pages:
Jump to: