Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XNC] XenCoin | Instant | Stable | Long term Support - New UPDATE!!! - page 13. (Read 75671 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
It is because your wallet is still synchronizing - when it catches up to the most recent blocks your transfer will be there.

Try adding the following nodes to your '.conf' file and re-starting the wallet.

addnode=180.159.64.124:9333
addnode=98.249.36.113:9333
addnode=200.8.245.254:9333
addnode=84.106.73.147:9333
addnode=24.8.121.69:9333
addnode=218.82.123.182:9333
addnode=72.241.130.78:9333
addnode=98.25.44.178:9333
addnode=78.60.150.8:9333
addnode=99.229.29.235:9333

This may help you get more connections to the Xencoin network and allow the wallet to sync faster.
Activity: 112
Hello to everybody,

I have the following problem: I can't see my earned XenCoin on the XenCoin wallet.

I have do the following operation:

Into the wallet: "gets coin" (I don't know the correct english voice name) and I created a new label (automatically related to a new address)

Then I go into the pool backend and I edit my account inserting the previous address into the Account Details ---> Payment Address voice and I have execute the Cash Out toward the previous address

Ok...now in my dashboard it say that I have 0 coins but I still don't see the coins into my wallet (it is still synchronizing).

Could depend by the fact that is not sincronized? or what? have I wrong something?
I have the resources to set up around 10 or so permanent nodes for Xencoin. I love this little coin I really do - no idea on how to set up nodes though. Any suggestions please? Smiley

What do you mean for permanent node?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I have the resources to set up around 10 or so permanent nodes for Xencoin. I love this little coin I really do - no idea on how to set up nodes though. Any suggestions please? Smiley
I just joined the pool and we have now found a block so you should have some coins showing as unconfirmed now on the Dashboard section of the pool.

uh wow...I have  20.702065 unconfirmed coins...but why are unconfirmed?   Grin
I just joined the pool and we have now found a block so you should have some coins showing as unconfirmed now on the Dashboard section of the pool.
1) The first line says that your graphics card is mining at 23 khash/second, the second line says you have found a valid share, so far you have found 55 valid shares out of a possible 55 so 100% of the shares you have found have been good

2) When you are logged into your pool you need to look at the dashboard - it will show you there how many coins you have mined - you will get some coins when your pool finds a block - you have a very low hashrate so will not find many by yourself

3) On your Xencoin wallet click the receive tab - create a new address (bottom left) and give it a name like 'Xencoin Hasher' if you're mining on that pool (so that you know where the coins have come from) - copy and paste the address into the payment address section on the 'my account - edit account' section of the pool.

If you want to test your wallet create a payment address, call it 'Donations' and post the address on here and i'll send you some free Xencoin to get you started Cheesy   You never know some of the other Xencoin miners might take pity on your low hashrate and send you some too!!!

4) You'll earn a percentage of the block found based on the percentage of shares you submitted to the finding of that block by the pool as a whole - so basically yes.

5) Not sure of the answer to this one - i do know that you should avoid mining on a laptop for long periods though as it will not be able to cope with the overheating.

Ok tnx so much now it is clearer for me but...more new thing I know more new doubts come to me.

Into the Statistics ---> Blocks of my pool I can see a table like this:

I have another doubt related regarding how to know if I am earning some coin.

Code:
Block 	Validity 	Finder 	Time 	          Difficulty 	Amount 	Expected Shares  PPLNS Shares 	Actual Shares 	Percentage
664630 Confirmed crackers 21/03 07:53:49 0.18 200.00 11,552           996          559            4.84
664586 Confirmed crackers 21/03 03:41:13 0.18 200.00 11,552           1,017          2,307         19.97
664217 Confirmed crackers 20/03 09:54:41 0.18 200.00 11,552           791          1,435         12.42

So it seems to me that in the lasts hours some blocks was discovered but I can't see no XenCoin in my dashboard, why? :-(

What represents the value in the previous table?

I am interesting to know the meaning of the "Finder" field (crackers...what is...a user or what?", amount, expected shares, ppns shares, acrutal shares and percentage...I can't find info about the meaning of these fields

1) The first line says that your graphics card is mining at 23 khash/second, the second line says you have found a valid share, so far you have found 55 valid shares out of a possible 55 so 100% of the shares you have found have been good

2) When you are logged into your pool you need to look at the dashboard - it will show you there how many coins you have mined - you will get some coins when your pool finds a block - you have a very low hashrate so will not find many by yourself

3) On your Xencoin wallet click the receive tab - create a new address (bottom left) and give it a name like 'Xencoin Hasher' if you're mining on that pool (so that you know where the coins have come from) - copy and paste the address into the payment address section on the 'my account - edit account' section of the pool.

If you want to test your wallet create a payment address, call it 'Donations' and post the address on here and i'll send you some free Xencoin to get you started Cheesy   You never know some of the other Xencoin miners might take pity on your low hashrate and send you some too!!!

4) You'll earn a percentage of the block found based on the percentage of shares you submitted to the finding of that block by the pool as a whole - so basically yes.

5) Not sure of the answer to this one - i do know that you should avoid mining on a laptop for long periods though as it will not be able to cope with the overheating.
So finally I begin to mine XenCoin into a pool and now...I have so many doubt about what exactly I am doing, I hope that someone can help me to better understand:

1) In the CudaMiner prompt I can see some line like this:

Code:
[2014-03-21 00:02:30] GPU #0: GeForce GT 720M, 23.29 khash/s
[2014-03-21 00:02:30] accepted: 55/55 (100.00%), 23.29 khash/s (yay!!!)

What exactly represent these lines?

2) I am mining into a pool...ok...how can I see how many coin I earned? I see it into the pool backend website (after the login or what?)

3) I also have dowloaded and opened he XenCoin wallet (at this time the wallet is into a different folder from the CudaMiner file). I think that in teory I have to see the earned coin into my XenCoin wallet but...what can I do to link my pool account to my wallet?

4) I am mining into a pool...so what it means that I earn an amount of coin proportional to the computing power that I made available?

5) Can I choose how much to work on the graphics card? Now I am mining on a laptop and I don't want warm it to

Tnx
Try:

cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3373 -O D4rkAng3l.1:MyPassword

I think you need the '.1' on your worker name.

Good luck!

I didn't understood that I had to create also a worker into my pool control panel, now it worl using something like D4rkAngel.Worker1Name as username. Tnx so much  Cheesy
Try:

cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3373 -O D4rkAng3l.1:MyPassword

I think you need the '.1' on your worker name.

Good luck!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Xencoin added to altcoins database
Good luck, miners!
Activity: 136

Tnx for your help and for your time but I still have some doubts about what exactly I have to do to beginning the mine process

Correct me if I tell inexactnesses:

I want mine using GPU (I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE 720M). So from what I understand if I want mine with my GPU I have to install I mining program such as CGMiner or BFGMiner or GUIMiner or CudaMiner and also I have to be registered into a pool.

So since I have a NVIDIA graphic card I have to mine using CudaMiner. Is it correct?

Have I only to install CudaMiner on my Windows system or have I also to link this program to the XenCoin wallet in some way?

And now I have another doubts about the xencoin.conf file.

The provided content of this file is:

Code:
rpcuser=**Yourusername**
rpcpassword=**Yourpassword**
rpcport=4335
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
server=1
listen=0
testnet=0
gen=0
maxconnections=100

It begin with username and password...but what is these value? UserName and Password of what service? Where have I to register?

Tnx so much

NVidia hardware = CudaMiner (quick search on how'tos for configuring CudaMiner to talk to a pool.  Next step is to locate a pool to mine on and register an account.  The pool will have information on how to configure your 'worker (your miner's identity on the pool)' and your 'payout address settings' - how to get your share of the coins you mine on the pool.  The settings above relate to if you're mining using your CPU with the XNC-qt client or solo-mining by pointing your CudaMiner to your client.  Search topics for "Solo Mining vs. Pooled Mining" - hundreds available either on these forums or on the internet in general.

Basic explanation:
Solo-Mine (CPU):  xnc-qt client with "mining enabled" via mining tab in client (uses CPU = slow - must solve whole block to earn reward)
Solo-Mine (GPU):  CudaMiner --> xnc-qt (search topics for 'solo mining with GPU and QT clients - 90% of the clients have the same settings, just different things like 'port number' and of course username and password for your client)

Pooled Mining (GPU): CudaMiner --> Stratum Server (Mining Pool of your choice).  Mining pool requires registration, and setup of your 'payout address/miner workers'.  When you earn coins on the pool, it will pay out to the address you give it from the "Receive" tab of your XNC client.  When your xnc-qt client is running, it will see those transactions on the network, and they will be sent to your wallet address in your client. 

Also See search for "securing your wallet" and so on...  xencoin-qt is based on the litecoin-qt client but is an older version (about 0.6.x) - so any information you see about mining litecoins will be a pretty solid 'starting point' for mining xencoin.  only differences will be if you mined solo and had to point your miner at your client.  Keep in mind solo mining will only earn a reward if you solve a block - then you get the block reward.  Pooled mining pays you on the number of useful shares you submit to your pool as members of the pool solve blocks.  The more blocks the pool solves, the more coins you earn your share of... 
Hello to everybody,

I am very new in mining and I am trying to begin mining wih XenCoin.

I am following the instrucion found on the first post in this 3d but I have many doubts about what I have done and what I yet have to do to begin the mine process (please help me...I am so newbye...)

I have done the following operation:

• I have download the windows wallet from this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xencoin/files/latest/download
  • I have unzip the previous file and I have run xencoin-qt.exe, then I have close it
  • So I have put the provided xencoin.conf into this directory on my Windows system: C:\Users\Andrea\AppData\Roaming\Xencoin
  • I have run again the xencoin-qt.exe file
Now the wallet is performed and it say to me that is "synchronizing with the network" (this operation is taking some time)

So what it is doing when execute the sync operation?

Untill now my operation are correct?

Now what have I to do? Have I to chose a pool from the pool list in the main post and have I to register a new user on this pool and use it into my wallet (mining tab ---> pool mining and put here the server, UserName and password)?

Or what?

Please help me

Tnx

Syncing with the network will take some time - several hours depending on your computer and network speed.  After that, you must determine how you will mine - either via GPU (graphics card - ATI or NVidia cards only) or CPU (much slower).  XNC is a Scrypt coin, and as such can be mined with versions of CGMiner from 3.7.2 or older and BFGMiner.  Alternative is GUIMiner (which is a graphic front end for CGMiner).  When running either of the mining programs, you will need to be in a pool.  The xnc.hasher.ca is a stable pool with good security (2FA required for many actions), and I've never had a problem with it (although pool choice is preference only).

CGMiner and BFGMiner both depend on a GPU to mine with (most newer ATI cards) or CudaMiner (for NVidia Cards).

I recommend starting with basics and read up on Scrypt Mining with GPU if you have one of those cards.  Keep in mind that GPU mining will work your video card hard, and cause it to run hot, so you will need to monitor that.  The litecoin wiki will have some good pointers on getting started with GPU mining.

You can alternatively mine with your CPU(s) directly with the Xencoin-QT client - but this will mine directly to the block chain, so until you solve a complete block, you will see no 'progress (so to speak) from your mining'.  CPU mining Scrypt (most alt-coins) and SHA-256 (bitcoin) is pretty much useless anymore due to the speeds achieved by GPUs and ASICs (which are now coming to Scrypt based coins as well.

When I have more time to offer more advice, I will add another post.  For now, you won't be able to do anything until your Xencoin-QT client has finished downloading the blockchain (which at last check was well over 600,000 blocks).

Tnx for your help and for your time but I still have some doubts about what exactly I have to do to beginning the mine process

Correct me if I tell inexactnesses:

I want mine using GPU (I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE 720M). So from what I understand if I want mine with my GPU I have to install I mining program such as CGMiner or BFGMiner or GUIMiner or CudaMiner and also I have to be registered into a pool.

So since I have a NVIDIA graphic card I have to mine using CudaMiner. Is it correct?

Have I only to install CudaMiner on my Windows system or have I also to link this program to the XenCoin wallet in some way?

And now I have another doubts about the xencoin.conf file.

The provided content of this file is:

Code:
rpcuser=**Yourusername**
rpcpassword=**Yourpassword**
rpcport=4335
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
server=1
listen=0
testnet=0
gen=0
maxconnections=100

It begin with username and password...but what is these value? UserName and Password of what service? Where have I to register?

Tnx so much

Activity: 136
Hello to everybody,

I am following the instrucion found on the first post in this 3d but I have many doubts about what I have done and what I yet have to do to begin the mine process (please help me...I am so newbye...)

• I have download the windows wallet from this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xencoin/files/latest/download
  • I have unzip the previous file and I have run xencoin-qt.exe, then I have close it
  • So I have put the provided xencoin.conf into this directory on my Windows system: C:\Users\Andrea\AppData\Roaming\Xencoin
Now the wallet is performed and it say to me that is "synchronizing with the network" (this operation is taking some time)

Now what have I to do? Have I to chose a pool from the pool list in the main post and have I to register a new user on this pool and use it into my wallet (mining tab ---> pool mining and put here the server, UserName and password)?

Or what?

Please help me

Tnx

Syncing with the network will take some time - several hours depending on your computer and network speed.  After that, you must determine how you will mine - either via GPU (graphics card - ATI or NVidia cards only) or CPU (much slower).  XNC is a Scrypt coin, and as such can be mined with versions of CGMiner from 3.7.2 or older and BFGMiner.  Alternative is GUIMiner (which is a graphic front end for CGMiner).  When running either of the mining programs, you will need to be in a pool.  The xnc.hasher.ca is a stable pool with good security (2FA required for many actions), and I've never had a problem with it (although pool choice is preference only).

CGMiner and BFGMiner both depend on a GPU to mine with (most newer ATI cards) or CudaMiner (for NVidia Cards).

I recommend starting with basics and read up on Scrypt Mining with GPU if you have one of those cards.  Keep in mind that GPU mining will work your video card hard, and cause it to run hot, so you will need to monitor that.  The litecoin wiki will have some good pointers on getting started with GPU mining.

You can alternatively mine with your CPU(s) directly with the Xencoin-QT client - but this will mine directly to the block chain, so until you solve a complete block, you will see no 'progress (so to speak) from your mining'.  CPU mining Scrypt (most alt-coins) and SHA-256 (bitcoin) is pretty much useless anymore due to the speeds achieved by GPUs and ASICs (which are now coming to Scrypt based coins as well.

When I have more time to offer more advice, I will add another post.  For now, you won't be able to do anything until your Xencoin-QT client has finished downloading the blockchain (which at last check was well over 600,000 blocks).
Hello to everybody,

Or what?

Please help me

Tnx
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Earn some XNC mining at the Hasher pool:

http://xnc.hasher.ca   -  PPLNS 1%

Happy Hashing!
Pages:
Jump to: