Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XNC] XenCoin | Instant | Stable | Long term Support - New UPDATE!!! - page 2. (Read 75671 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
I now have functional xencoind.exe (CLI) (static/static-linked/static-debug/static-linked-debug versions) as well as a xencoin-qt.exe (GUI) versions built.  One change I did not apply either is the update that splits the blockchain downloads into seperate 'size limited' files - which does speed up startup quite a bit.  But by leaving the current blockchain data configuration intact in this version, a new chain download should not be required.

I'm doing some final testing on things to verify stability and proper operation (as best I can), then will finalize the build settings for a full build of both that can be signed/hashed and published for download.  The source will also compile into linux clients, and should work for OSX clients as well (but again, I am unable to test or build ANY OSX clients at this time.

When testing is complete and I can reproduce the builds in a documented fashion, I will make available the client downloads, as well as tag the source for those in my GIT repo for this version.

XNC we have to support for long term stable liability.. Smiley

There are still some MAJOR issues that need to be addressed before any "development" and "advancement" can move forward. 

These builds I am producing (and the updated source code) are simply a 'minor update' for checkpoints in the blockchain, to patch OpenSSL issues (old client uses VERY old SSL version that is vulnerable to several attacks), as well as update the source to compensate for the newer OpenSSL versions that tightened the ECDSA handlers (in a nutshell) and can cause consensus forks in the blockchain.  The discovery and subsequent alert that made it to Bitcoin and Litecoin via Gregory Maxwell (BTC developer) regarding the OpenSSL issues never was brought up here, but this client is definitely susceptible to those issues.  As such, I incorporated the patches into these builds from BTC (and LTC). 

Users are advised that if their systems have updated and they are linking dynamically to their OpenSSL libraries, that they can and will cause consensus forks in the chain due to the new OpenSSL verifications.    This codebase will take care of that.

It will also contain several changes to the build files to hopefully make it a little more straightforward to build.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
XNC we have to support for long term stable liability.. Smiley
Compiled CLI and GUI client/wallets based on v0.6.3.3 codebase + OpenSSL 1.0.1k(and later) consensus fork issue from ECDSA changes + updated checkpoints and seednode/DNSSeed will be forthcoming soon. 

The CLI is built and works, although if not properly shutdown via RPCserver command will cause exception at this time.  GUI client is in build and test at this time.

The EXEs will be available either on my github repo or via my web server I'm using for XNC related work.  Build instructions to replicate my builds will take a couple more days.

These builds are cross-compiled on a vanilla Debian Jessie VM using MinGW-64, but are compiled in x86 mode.  x86_64 builds will be sometime later after other issues are resolved and I can get time.

These are built using Berkeley DB 4.8.30, Boost 1.53, and QT v4.8.6-OpenSource.  They support UPNP but not IPv6 - I don't have the time to sort out the IPv6 issues for Windows builds - IPv6 should be fully functional for *nix builds.  The older libraries were kept for backwards compatibility with old wallets.

I don't own a Mac or any OSX products, so no testing or build support is available for those.  My repo is public should someone wish to build those. 

I will set a tag on the fork for this project when the GUI and CLI versions are all available for download so that the matching source will be available to reproduce builds.

Sorry for the delays, but within the next day or so I should have this available for everyone.
Activity: 98
Thanks for answer. No need to rush. Smiley
Thanks for reply but both links have Source code. I don't know how to compile from it Windows wallet.
What i need is link with working updated complied wallet so i can start *.exe and use it. Sorry for all troubles Smiley

Both the windows qt links from the opening post seem to work - the mega and the source-forge ones.  I still run this original wallet.

There is some misunderstand. I have original xencoin wallet and its work. My question is about updated wallet version 0915. Link http://xnc.se4.biz/pool have only source code 4.96mb zip but not complied windows QT exe like: xencoin-qt.exe. What im looking is Windows compiled xencoin-qt.exe with all his dll in folder for work like original wallet.
Do you have it or not? If you have can you give me link with zip archive. Ty Smiley

The only difference between the 0.6.3.3 and the 0.9.1.5 versions is different (additional checkpoints), and updated seed-nodes in the blockchain client - there are no other changes or fixes ported into it --

Apologies, as I had thought that there was a compiled EXE in that download.

Over the weekend, I will take TripTech's source and cross-compile it on my Debian-Jessie VM and make them available.   

Because of the orphan TX issue that shows up due to Xencoin sharing network identifiers (and blockchain identifiers) with Litecoin and a several other alt-coins, my updates continually run out of orphan tx memory-mapping space.  This causes communications failures in my updated code until the daemon is restarted.  I believe this is also causing CPU exhaustion in the end when miners are attached to a client due to trying to wrap orphan transactions into a block on a chain that they don't belong in - then self-rejecting them for valid getwork on a new block.

Until XNC can be separated away from LTC and the other coins (I think WorldCoin is in there too) - memory pool will not work properly, which basically locks us into older client versions that don't have many of the improvements we need to help stabilize and improve things...

Thanks for reply but both links have Source code. I don't know how to compile from it Windows wallet.
What i need is link with working updated complied wallet so i can start *.exe and use it. Sorry for all troubles Smiley

Both the windows qt links from the opening post seem to work - the mega and the source-forge ones.  I still run this original wallet.

There is some misunderstand. I have original xencoin wallet and its work. My question is about updated wallet version 0915. Link http://xnc.se4.biz/pool have only source code 4.96mb zip but not complied windows QT exe like: xencoin-qt.exe. What im looking is Windows compiled xencoin-qt.exe with all his dll in folder for work like original wallet.
Do you have it or not? If you have can you give me link with zip archive. Ty Smiley

I'll migrate copies of the original binaries over to one of my servers and make them available -- but the original repo is at GitHub - don't recall if the binaries are there as well.

I'll also host a copy of the two new clients at some point - once I get caught up --
Activity: 95

The link el_Nickio posted has a compiled binary inside the ZIP file --

2 are the other (updated) client - and the rest are older clients --

I don't see any link for updated + compiled windows wallet.

I have not made any binaries available of my updates - the source is available on Github (https://github.com/thecarnie ...

Another member has updated the original client with new checkpoints and has it available here as a zip - inside is a compiled windows client...

You can addnode=xencoin.liquidbbs.org as a node as well -

If I can free up some time, I'm hoping to work on updates more as well as a combined effort on a site and new domain...  But I'm not going to do any more updates till we reach a consensus on the direction of fixes -- because there are serious issues with upgradability of the client due to missed steps in the 'beginning' before we were involved...

try here http://xnc.se4.biz/pool  Smiley
let me know if you download it and i'll send you some XNC to test it.

I just checked the DNS seed and there's only about a total of 8 XNC clients out there that are live and 'reachable' - 1 is the seed-node, 2 are the other (updated) client - and the rest are older clients --

2 are probably mine - a quarter of the network  Cheesy
I just checked the DNS seed and there's only about a total of 8 XNC clients out there that are live and 'reachable' - 1 is the seed-node, 2 are the other (updated) client - and the rest are older clients --

Testing your pool - works fine on my laptop with cudaminer but when i try mining with an AMD graphics card with cgminer I just get hardware errors 'invalid nonce count - HW error' - any idea why??

If you get a chance, give that another try -- I followed a couple bug reports thru GIT and I got my CPUminer to act right - so that should solve the GPU miner from having hardware errors...  (was getting same issues with CPUminer you were having with ATI/AMD (OpenCL) miner) - maybe this will work.  Just set any XNC address for payout - it's running on my 8.7.1 xencoind - so it should payout - so long as it wins some blocks - or I'll have to sort something out for ya for your time - I don't have any big mining hardware and so I don't generate coins anymore --

If this fixes the issue with OpenCL miners, then I'll update the GIT with the p2pool code -- then some more p2pool nodes can go online.  I won't be compiling a windows binary though - not anytime soon anyways...

Seems to be working ok now - finding lots of blocks but loads of HW errors on the gpu miner - over 400,000 in about 2 hours!!! Think that its because the difficulty is so low maybe? I'm only losing about 10 khashes because of the errors so its no big deal. My laptop running cudaminer and cpuminer is working fine although i'm going to shut that down now cos its getting hot! I'll leave the gpu miner running overnight to see what happens  Grin

Payouts working fine by the way  Smiley

That nonce count error i was getting was because I had the share difficulty set real low in my .bat file - once i deleted that bit it was ok.

So you're still seeing hardware errors on the GPU mining with AMD/ATI?  I saw a steady slew of blocks coming through! 

I've found what I think to be the ultimate issue with the version of the client I was working on (with high CPU and other issues) - but I have to make some changes and build on a testnet to know for sure -- but in the end - if it is the issue - there is two options - one is to roll back to the old client and only bring in a couple updates (which won't truly fix the problem it will just make things more stable) - the other is through a hard fork - if it's even possible - that's what I'm looking at now) - but because this coin shares network ID with several other coins - the crosstalk is causing problems for the new client I am working on...

I'm still running the old client and always have been - it always seems to have only two connections though:

{
"addr" : "46.32.253.168:4334",
"
{
"addr" : "54.191.173.227:4334",
"
]
Either of these you?

I don't think a hard fork is a good idea - coins-e are on this one although the price is rock-bottom and after all this time Xencoin still seems to work!

54.191.173.227 = xencoin.liquidbbs.org (seed-node) - not sure who the 46.x is -- the version number shows it's a newer client tho (not mine)
I've seen several of the old client out there -- because of the updates to the core in my client, the protocol version is higher, and I think my node doesn't connect to older clients unless it can't find newer ones (it seems) --

As for a fork, it wouldn't be a big issue so long as the clients were buildable and available -- and we set the fork block far enough out -- the problem I'm seeing though is that a fork wouldn't fix it.  It would require a different change - I'll try to document everything in a PM at some point.  I may take and see about making a different change and go from there --
Testing your pool - works fine on my laptop with cudaminer but when i try mining with an AMD graphics card with cgminer I just get hardware errors 'invalid nonce count - HW error' - any idea why??

If you get a chance, give that another try -- I followed a couple bug reports thru GIT and I got my CPUminer to act right - so that should solve the GPU miner from having hardware errors...  (was getting same issues with CPUminer you were having with ATI/AMD (OpenCL) miner) - maybe this will work.  Just set any XNC address for payout - it's running on my 8.7.1 xencoind - so it should payout - so long as it wins some blocks - or I'll have to sort something out for ya for your time - I don't have any big mining hardware and so I don't generate coins anymore --

If this fixes the issue with OpenCL miners, then I'll update the GIT with the p2pool code -- then some more p2pool nodes can go online.  I won't be compiling a windows binary though - not anytime soon anyways...

Seems to be working ok now - finding lots of blocks but loads of HW errors on the gpu miner - over 400,000 in about 2 hours!!! Think that its because the difficulty is so low maybe? I'm only losing about 10 khashes because of the errors so its no big deal. My laptop running cudaminer and cpuminer is working fine although i'm going to shut that down now cos its getting hot! I'll leave the gpu miner running overnight to see what happens  Grin

That nonce count error i was getting was because I had the share difficulty set real low in my .bat file - once i deleted that bit it was ok.

So you're still seeing hardware errors on the GPU mining with AMD/ATI?  I saw a steady slew of blocks coming through! 

I've found what I think to be the ultimate issue with the version of the client I was working on (with high CPU and other issues) - but I have to make some changes and build on a testnet to know for sure -- but in the end - if it is the issue - there is two options - one is to roll back to the old client and only bring in a couple updates (which won't truly fix the problem it will just make things more stable) - the other is through a hard fork - if it's even possible - that's what I'm looking at now) - but because this coin shares network ID with several other coins - the crosstalk is causing problems for the new client I am working on...

I'm still running the old client and always have been - it always seems to have only two connections though:

{
"addr" : "46.32.253.168:4334",
"
{
"addr" : "54.191.173.227:4334",
"
]
Either of these you?

I don't think a hard fork is a good idea - coins-e are on this one although the price is rock-bottom and after all this time Xencoin still seems to work!

Pages:
Jump to: