Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 160. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250
wow, the capitalization is already 4 trillion, and only recently the price tag was 10 dollars. Well, it's definitely late to jump this train .. I congratulate those who kept the coin!
Activity: 952
Merit: 552
what is going on with mercatox? This whole thing sounds very fishy to me, I hope this isnt a scam otherwise the loss of 15 million dollar worth of xrb will damage this coin seriously....

On Twitter:
MERCATOX

"@MercatoxCom
 7h7 hours ago

Dear Users, we found what is the problem, we thought it was DDoS, but our domain registrator put our domain on hold. We took all steps needed to unlock access to our site. But it can take some time. Don't worry. All coins are safe. We are doing our best to solve the situation."

^^^^

Activity: 394
Merit: 117
what is going on with mercatox? This whole thing sounds very fishy to me, I hope this isnt a scam otherwise the loss of 15 million dollar worth of xrb will damage this coin seriously....
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
https://twitter.com/raiblocks/status/948304898285887488

We are working closely with @BitGrail on a node issue discovered due to the scale that BitGrail is processing transactions.
All funds are safe and we are working closely with them to resume deposits and withdrawals as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience $xrb

https://twitter.com/BitGrail/status/948318150004760581

Working closely.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Multiversum
Interesting developments!  If you look at the XRB markets you will see that BitGrail is the lowest price, also if you seach in twitter for "BitGrail wallet" you will see that it is disabled and you cannot deposit ETH, BTC, LTC.  They claim the node crashes due to high volume.  Withdrawals of XRB are disabled to trap XRB in the market.

I have been watching the buy side on XRB and since yesterday it has gone down!
The price has corrected a few times since these problems arrived at BitGrail.

I suspect they are doing this (restricting money flow) purposely while someone at BitGrail loads their pockets prior to the Binance and Kucoin listing.
Dont sell your coins!
Dont panic!

XRB price now at BitGrail $29.7
XRB price now at Mercatox $35

Popcorn time!

Popcorn time?

RaiBlock node is down since hours because they can't handle anything. Mercatox is down since 11 hours too. Legendary scalability is just a myth. Nothing will work properly on bigger exchange. Nothing works properly even now.

Surf the chain does not work at all too: https://raiblocks.net/
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Hey guys, who can help me? I have a backup of my seed. My wallet is synchronized. I reinstalled my wallet, syncing everything again. Import Wallet is not working! Why? I enter the correct seed, then type in clear key, but balance stays at zero! Why can not anyone help me? https://raiblocks.net/block/index.php?h=

What should your balance be?

1xrb
Here's what showing https://raiblocks.net/account/index.php?acc=xrb_35mhq8bf7scub6a59fpau849jzurbfjzirau5mk55ugwsmc5of1ri5hz6gmi

It says pending deposit 1XRB - this means you haven't "pocketed" it yet. Just leave the wallet unlocked and running and it will pocket that transaction as soon as it is in sync.

My wallet is already running synchronously, but nothing comes in !? Sry Guys, but this Desktopwallet is the biggest Bullsh**
Activity: 222
Merit: 102
Hey guys, who can help me? I have a backup of my seed. My wallet is synchronized. I reinstalled my wallet, syncing everything again. Import Wallet is not working! Why? I enter the correct seed, then type in clear key, but balance stays at zero! Why can not anyone help me? https://raiblocks.net/block/index.php?h=

1xrb
Here's what showing https://raiblocks.net/account/index.php?acc=xrb_35mhq8bf7scub6a59fpau849jzurbfjzirau5mk55ugwsmc5of1ri5hz6gmi

It says pending deposit 1XRB - this means you haven't "pocketed" it yet. Just leave the wallet unlocked and running and it will pocket that transaction as soon as it is in sync.
Interesting developments!  If you look at the XRB markets you will see that BitGrail is the lowest price, also if you seach in twitter for "BitGrail wallet" you will see that it is disabled and you cannot deposit ETH, BTC, LTC.  They claim the node crashes due to high volume.  Withdrawals of XRB are disabled to trap XRB in the market.

Also it seems like BTC, ETH and LTC deposits are not going through!  Just search in twitter.

I suspect they are doing this (restricting money flow) purposely while someone at BitGrail loads their pockets prior to the Binance and Kucoin listing.
Dont sell your coins!
Dont panic!

Popcorn time!

I'm not sure if they are filling their pockets but they definitely can't handle the volume - if you look at CMC you will see that Raiblocks passed 100m in volume today for the first time ever.

I would advise anyone trying to get in to XRB now to just wait for Kucoin or Binance. If you must buy now, buy off Mercatox and avoid bitgrail as they just have too many issues.
Some serious FUD in here. Anyways, I've never seen a coin do well without some well earned fudding. This is nothing compared to what went on with ETH... and by the same group of people being quoted here. We're still waiting for ShelbyCoin (the 'world-beating' coin/platform that's meant to be created by the main arguer in that thread).

I've had disagreements with those guys previously. My attitude: "There are them who talk, and there are them who do". I like them who do.

Excellent point StinkyLover - you know a coin is good when the serious FUDding starts as they wouldn't be bothered to do it with a shitcoin.

Another good point you made regarding "ShelbyCoin", the main attacker of Raiblocks in that Block Lattice thread everyone keeps referencing. He was without a doubt the most annoying person ever to troll these forums. He was a perfect example of a toxic person who cannot accomplish anything on their own so they try to make themselves feel better by attacking other people's accomplishments as I said in my previous post.

Raiblocks has been running strong for over 2 years now and anyone who listened to that tool is still waiting for "Shelbycoin" is pure vaporware.

Colin the XRB dev rightfully dismissed him as a waste of time.
Activity: 952
Merit: 552

Dont sell your coins!
Dont panic!

Popcorn time!

1xrb
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
This industry is pure fiction
Some serious FUD in here. Anyways, I've never seen a coin do well without some well earned fudding. This is nothing compared to what went on with ETH... and by the same group of people being quoted here. We're still waiting for ShelbyCoin (the 'world-beating' coin/platform that's meant to be created by the main arguer in that thread).

I've had disagreements with those guys previously. My attitude: "There are them who talk, and there are them who do". I like them who do.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Multiversum

Activity: 840
Merit: 503
any news on bigger exchanges? what about the voting contest on binance?
Yeah it's high time for listing to normal exchange. Anyway  Project with that large capitalization deserves listing to Binance, Bittrex.
Activity: 616
dont want to create fud but I need to solve this question too much money in the wallet and I need to know its secure:  I have created a second wallet in the same computer in railwallet.com to make tests with transfers and I have created it with different email  and I have generated another seed,  identifier ... but I have the same balance, I have done some transfer and the two wallets are synchronized, transfers and balances. Can someone explain this to me or say me how to contact a raiblocks dev? I have two IDs, seeds, and I acces to the same wallet and address, how can it be?

Try running the wallets separately. At first one to complete the synchronization and check your balance. Then exit it and run the second one. Again wait for the complete synchronization and check the balance. I saw information that two simultaneously running purses do not work correctly.
Activity: 36
dont want to create fud but I need to solve this question too much money in the wallet and I need to know its secure:  I have created a second wallet in the same computer in railwallet.com to make tests with transfers and I have created it with different email  and I have generated another seed,  identifier ... but I have the same balance, I have done some transfer and the two wallets are synchronized, transfers and balances. Can someone explain this to me or say me how to contact a raiblocks dev? I have two IDs, seeds, and I acces to the same wallet and address, how can it be?
Hey guys, who can help me? I have a backup of my seed. My wallet is synchronized. I reinstalled my wallet, syncing everything again. Import Wallet is not working! Why? I enter the correct seed, then type in clear key, but balance stays at zero! Why can not anyone help me? https://raiblocks.net/block/index.php?h=BFB5931DEC616DBE4F0F978FF0F42BC6BFC306E9DCFD6FFC7EEF65260498DBE1
Activity: 12
Why RaiBlocks is not secure.

[...]
5. The Man in the Middle attack.

If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can just filter the double spending payment packets, and the merchant will never know that he is receiving a double spending. The Raiblocks network will discard that payment while the merchant will accept it.

https://s18.postimg.org/7pnm6yweh/doublespend.png
[...]

This kind of FUD can be done to every cryptocurrency. So once and for all :
Every cryptocurrency, every online bank is vulnerable to Mitm attacks, if such attack successfully happens.
Example for bitcoin: If a hacker successfully performs a Mitm attack between a buyer and seller, he can just give to the buyer his own bitcoin address instead of the seller's. End of the story. And there are a myriad of more sophisticated attacks depending on whether you have a temporary or persistant Mitm attack.
Fortunately, Mitm attacks (over ssh) are rare, difficult and simply not accessible to the vast majority. They can still happen though and countermeasures (such as ssl pinning) are outside of the scope of crypto currencies underlying technology.
Basically if you are afraid of Mitm attacks, don't open a bank account, don't use any crypto currency, or better, don't use internet (or LANs) and make payments only in cash.

This is 100% correct. It is a common FUD technique to state extreme "edge cases" like they are common occurrences so you have posts like "this coin is not secure - all an attacker has to do is gain control of the majority of the voting delegates". LMFAO

If it is so easy, why hasn't it happened yet? It would be much easier for this kind of attack to occur early on in a coin's life before more nodes come online. Raiblocks has been running for over 2 years straight - why hasn't anyone exploited these "flaws" yet?

Because the time, money and resources required to do so make it impossible.

Imagine you are storing money in one of those Swiss vaults deep inside a mountain. The idiots on this thread trying to scare people with their FUD would make an argument such as:

"Your money is at great risk! All someone has to do is pay off every single guard inside the mountain, circumvent the alarm system and walk straight out the door with your funds". Their arguments are laughable. In fact, they aren't even arguments at all, they are just straight up talking out their asses  Grin

Well BTC is not vulnerable to the same attack, because of the blockchain and 6 confirmations. What rail is essentially is BTC without the blockchain. That's where the double spend protection has been lost.

And no, it's not that hard to pull a MITM attack. With some DNS poisoning you could do this to an exchange and to empty their wallet. No wonder good exchanges won't accept railblock. They'd have to be crazy to do so.

You don't understand. You take the "confirmation" angle since XRB and BTC have different approaches on this aspect. But if you successfully performed a Mitm attack, there are a myriad of other ways to exploit [insert your favorite crypto currency or bank] system. A simple example for BTC is : the attacker intercepts deposit BTC addresses and replaces them with his own addresses. Same with any crypto. And every online bank is vulnerable AFTER a successful Mitm attack. That's why they place countermeasures such as SSL pinning, not to be vulnerable to Mitm attacks in the first place. But even then, this is not always enough. For example : https://thehackernews.com/2017/12/mitm-ssl-pinning-hostname.html

As I said earlier, if you successfully performed a Mitm attack, you have already won, no matter the crypto currency or bank.

You cannot replace any address in a BTC tx. BTC tx are signed (every crypto has signed tx) which doesn't permit tx forging. BTC is currently not vulnerable to MITM.

You intercept the bitcoin address before any transaction has been made. The victim sends his funds to the attacker address and a correct tx is done.

Yes with the exception that every website uses SSL and you cannot break it.

1) you can break it, but you need additional side attacks. SSL alone, in a perfect world on a non compromised computer and correct settings, can't be broken. But we don't live in a perfect world and the local truststore of the victim for example can be compromised.
2) You can transmit a btc address via a non encrypted network (for example via some chat apps that don't support end-to-end encryption like google allo).  

BUT OK, let's theorise that all communications on all networks are secured by SSL and we live in a perfect world so no Mitm attacks over SSL are possible. Then the sentence "If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can ..." has no chance to happen, because a Mitm is not possible in the first place.

On the other hand, if you successfully performed a Mitm attack, then BTC, XRB or any crypto currency is defenseless.

Activity: 322
Merit: 101
To all newcomers to Raiblocks

If you are new to Bitcointalk you may not realize how things work around here. Ask yourself this - why would someone who states that Raiblocks is crap/a pump and dump/full of flaws, etc. keep coming on here posting the same thing over and over again even though it has already been addressed numerous times before? Because they care about noobs and want to protect them from the big bad Raiblocks dev stealing their money? LOL, I think not.

There are 3 reasons for these FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) posts:

1) Usually the person posting the FUD is actually holding the coin they are bashing - they make negative posts in an attempt to drive down the price so they can buy more.

2) They may also be holding a competing coin (IOTA for example) and they are angry that another coin has taken the spotlight away from them. You can spot people in this group as they will often have a signature advertising another coin or they will shill it directly in their post.

3) Pure saltiness. This forum has really gone downhill over the years and it is now filled with desperate, salty children who are angry that they missed the boat.

The world is full of toxic people who cannot accomplish anything on their own so they try to make themselves feel better by attacking other people's accomplishments. Ignore them and DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

Can colin put this on the first post?

Why should this be on the front page?  Grin
Everyone knows the true nature of bitcoin talk. It has gone down hill for years now, just useful in finding a few intelligent people contacts and taking conversations elsewhere
otherwise it is a dumping ground for scammy ICOs

Real projects are all based elsewhere

Anyone who reads the FUD on this website and actually believes it can be tricked into believing anything

Any thing that is said on this site its best to take it with a scoop of salt and DYOR

Anyone who wants to join the community of developers can come visit the discord where many 3rd party developers are always there discussing stuff
Activity: 152
Why so much information in first post?
Jump to: