Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] Yacminer GPU miner for Yacoin - page 4. (Read 57501 times)

Activity: 693
Merit: 500
Trying to understand the thought process...

-i 8 = 256 threads?
So i 11 = 2048 and 12 4096?

What I don't understand completely is the way ram allocation works for different algorithms and n factors.
For instance, say we want to configure an R9 270 4GB card to mine vertcoin and the n factor at the moment makes the algorithm use twice as much memory as it does today (like a year had passed).

The card has 1280 shaders, 4gb of ram. Max amount of threads it can run in this scenario should be calculated as follows (88% of the ram is usable in this theoretic scenario): T*(512/LG)=3700987 ->vram expressed in kb

Is that correct?
As for lookup gap, it depends on if the card has enough ram to allocate all threads in the buffer that saturate the shader count. How do I determine that? Trial and error?

I ask because I want to create a tool to auto-tune cards for different algos and n factors based on your logic.
Thanks!

Check your private messages
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Trying to understand the thought process...

-i 8 = 256 threads?
So i 11 = 2048 and 12 4096?

What I don't understand completely is the way ram allocation works for different algorithms and n factors.
For instance, say we want to configure an R9 270 4GB card to mine vertcoin and the n factor at the moment makes the algorithm use twice as much memory as it does today (like a year had passed).

The card has 1280 shaders, 4gb of ram. Max amount of threads it can run in this scenario should be calculated as follows (88% of the ram is usable in this theoretic scenario): T*(512/LG)=3700987 ->vram expressed in kb

Is that correct?
As for lookup gap, it depends on if the card has enough ram to allocate all threads in the buffer that saturate the shader count. How do I determine that? Trial and error?

I ask because I want to create a tool to auto-tune cards for different algos and n factors based on your logic.
Thanks!
hello
toxic 2 gb version

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1227&pid=2038&psn=&lid=1&leg=0
bye

and yes no hw i start aprox 5 h ago

only reject 3 % aprox.

bye

Yes, that's a pretty good number for that card.  Thanks for letting us know your results!

ivanlabrie - yes, now that we can tune the cards a lot finer, we can get decent hashrates out of them.  At -R 3072 his intensity is halfway between -I 11 and -I 12.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
hello
toxic 2 gb version

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1227&pid=2038&psn=&lid=1&leg=0
bye

and yes no hw i start aprox 5 h ago

only reject 3 % aprox.

bye
5.2kh/s with no HW?

Those are 2 or 4gb cards?  Shocked
hello

i have some problem with yacminig.

my settings:
yacminer --scrypt-chacha -o stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088 --worksize 256 -I 8 --buffer-size 1576 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 16384 --auto-fan --temp-target 73 --temp-overheat 80 --temp-cutoff 85 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 0 -u xxx -p xxx
and i have 2 r9 270 sapphire toxic driver 2013.12 opsystem win7 x64 sp1 i use yacminer last 3.5.0

my problem two gpu running different speed and i think low speed

gpu 0 140-180 h/s Sad
gpu 1 400-440 h/s 

all card not 1 kh/s

i read this forum trying many settings and not working i hope somebody have good idea.

thank you

Your settings are definitely all over the place, and not good.

yacminer --scrypt-chacha -o stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088 --worksize 256 -R 3072 --buffer-size 1576 --lookup-gap 8 --auto-fan --temp-target 73 --temp-overheat 80 --temp-cutoff 85 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 0 -u xxx -p xxx

I replaced -I 8 with -R 3072 to get more threads going on the card.
I replaced --lookup-gap 2 with --lookup-gap 8 to let you use more threads with only 1576 MB of GPU memory
I removed -g 1 as it's redundant
I removed --thread-concurrency 16384 as it's overridden by --buffer-size and --buffer-size is an easier setting to work with.

Post your new hash rate back here - I bet it's much higher!
hello
thank you so much the answer wery helpful my new hashrate (5s):5.307K (avg):5.214Kh/s
only settings i change the buffer size 1576-1570  1576 not workin for me gp0 also slow down and the system memory +2 gb filled 1570 working. this 5.2 right hasrate this card ?
thank you
hello

my settings:
yacminer --scrypt-chacha -o stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088 --worksize 256 -I 8 --buffer-size 1576 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 16384 --auto-fan --temp-target 73 --temp-overheat 80 --temp-cutoff 85 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 0 -u xxx -p xxx
and i have 2 r9 270 sapphire toxic driver 2013.12 opsystem win7 x64 sp1 i use yacminer last 3.5.0

gpu 0 140-180 h/s Sad
gpu 1 400-440 h/s 

all card not 1 kh/s

i read this forum trying many settings and not working i hope somebody have good idea.

thank you

Your settings are definitely all over the place, and not good.

yacminer --scrypt-chacha -o stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088 --worksize 256 -R 3072 --buffer-size 1576 --lookup-gap 8 --auto-fan --temp-target 73 --temp-overheat 80 --temp-cutoff 85 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 0 -u xxx -p xxx

I replaced -I 8 with -R 3072 to get more threads going on the card.
I replaced --lookup-gap 2 with --lookup-gap 8 to let you use more threads with only 1576 MB of GPU memory
I removed -g 1 as it's redundant
I removed --thread-concurrency 16384 as it's overridden by --buffer-size and --buffer-size is an easier setting to work with.

Post your new hash rate back here - I bet it's much higher!
hello

my settings:

gpu 0 140-180 h/s Sad
gpu 1 400-440 h/s 

all card not 1 kh/s

thank you
YACMiner has been updated to 3.5.0 today - see post in main thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5680450
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Can anybody recommend me a setting for my AMD 6990 Sad m getting low Hashrate abt 1kh/s ..
help appreciated! Huh
Activity: 509
Can't upload avatar
Aha, thank you.
I get it now, just  --rawintensity values need to be in multiples of 8 (at a minimum), and older cards appear to need a multiple of 64.
I was using 3.4.2 and 3.3.1. Somehow memory got stuck at 500mb even if card was not doing anything. I had to disable card in windows and than enable it again. It is working ok now. maybe something went wrong with my card or maybe the program. Just to let you know.

For R7 240 4GB (from wiki): --worksize 128 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 -R 640 --thread-concurrency 24576

Isn't 24576 weird number? I use 25600 (20x1280) and it works great.

24576 is just 1536mb per thread with LG 2...I have to run 40696 with LG 3 on my 2gb cards for some reason. If I do the equivalent with LG 2 I get HW. lol :p
Activity: 509
Can't upload avatar
I was using 3.4.2 and 3.3.1. Somehow memory got stuck at 500mb even if card was not doing anything. I had to disable card in windows and than enable it again. It is working ok now. maybe something went wrong with my card or maybe the program. Just to let you know.

For R7 240 4GB (from wiki): --worksize 128 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 -R 640 --thread-concurrency 24576

Isn't 24576 weird number? I use 25600 (20x1280) and it works great.
Hmm, thought yacminer worked with the sj-**** variables to mine other variable n factor scrypt-jane coins (?)

Can't get mine to do UTC (was experimenting a bit with a new card...r9 270 2gb)

It does, so long as you're running 3.4.2.  I mined ThorCoin with it for giggles, and lottery tickets too.

Hmmm, I'll try again later tonight. Thanks.

let me know if you have problems.  BTW - the new version I'm working on fixes the scrypt support and adds N-Scrypt support, so you can actually use one program for pretty much any scrypt derivative coin Smiley

That would put you on cudaminer levels of awesome, but with failover support, and other goodies (more awesome :p)
I hate having all those crappy cgminer forks made by who knows who in my pc...not a dev, as to examine the source code myself anyway.
Hmm, thought yacminer worked with the sj-**** variables to mine other variable n factor scrypt-jane coins (?)

It does, so long as you're running 3.4.2.  I mined ThorCoin with it for giggles, and lottery tickets too.

let me know if you have problems.  BTW - the new version I'm working on fixes the scrypt support and adds N-Scrypt support, so you can actually use one program for pretty much any scrypt derivative coin Smiley

Activity: 106
February 28, 2014, 08:28:43 AM
Do you know the reason why yacointalk.com is down? I mean why they have stopped the website?
legendary
Activity: 1400
February 23, 2014, 02:17:33 AM
Hey,
So I have bene playing with Yacminer and I can't pass the 1 kh/s without getting HW errors on my Sapphire R9 290.
I was wondering, could I use ultracoin minier to mine yacoins? It uses scrypt-jane and I get on it stable 333 kh/s.

But I get rejects when connection to a pool.

Thirtybird, any thoughts on that?
Is there a difference in the source?

http://www.ultracoin.net/ultracoinminer.html

Guy

The difference is Ultracoin is at NFactor 10, and YACoin is at NFactor 14.  This means that YACoin takes 16 times as much memory to perform one calculation as Ultracoin.  Hashrate in theory should only be 16 time less, but no card out has enough memory to be able to completely utilize ALL the GPU power before it runs out of memory, so GPU hasrates are even lower than that.  

If you can't cross 1 KH/sec with YACoin without getting hardware errors, I suggest you read the recommendations in the SCRYPT-README file included with the YACMiner source and binaries https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner/blob/master/SCRYPT-README.  Configuring a miner (ANY miner) for a high N factor scrypt-chacha coin take practice, patience, and experimentation.  Configuring a miner for Ultracoin, or any scrypt (litecoin, dogecoin et. al) is child's play and you can usually cut and paste someone else's settings for any card and get in the ballpark for results.

I agree whole heartedly with that.

I can't get this to run for nothing without hardware errors. Tried lower intensity to lowest setting, xintensity to lowest setting. Don't know if I need rawintensity set. So dang frustrating. Literally been trying to mine this coin for 2 days now with my R7 250. Running perfect on my 750ti.

Just about ready to give up and move on to another coin.
The _ONLY_ way I recommend configuring YACMiner is using Raw Intensity.  Everything else is likely to be less than optimal.  Read the SCRYPT-README included with the package (the new one from 3.4.2 has some major updates), and check the yac wiki hardware page for some suggestions.  If that's a 2GB card, you can get 2.5 KH/sec out of it (or thereabouts, depends on manufacturer) - if it's a 1 GB card, not so much... YAC needs memory, and 1GB cards don't really cut it too well...

links for the help
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-yacminer-amd-gpu-miner-for-scrypt-chacha-n-scrypt-and-scrypt-coins-475569
https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner
http://yacoinwiki.tk/index.php/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Thanks.

Will read up on the links.

I am trying to understand the readme. Just a lot of info for a noob like myself.

I take it when I use raw intensity that I do not use intensity or xintensity? Will try and figure out from there.

EDIT: Seems a simple reboot of the computer took care of the hardware errors. Maybe from running all the different scrypts on the card interfered with it. Over a day running and not 1 hardware error.
Pages:
Jump to: