Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 157. (Read 379876 times)

Activity: 637
Merit: 500
June 03, 2013, 09:23:42 AM
I compiled a version of win64 from windmaster's git branch, if you have 64-bit windows installed, you can try it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hnindev/files/yacoin-qt-0.4.0.0-g32a928e-winx64.zip

Hi Peers, I have built a new winx64 binary based on the latest GIT repo and turned on the SSE & AVX optimizations by adding this option -DCPU_X86_FORCE_INTRINSICS.

The complete options for gcc is:
DEFINES       = -DUNICODE -D__INSURE__ -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_INTERPROCESS_HAS_WINDOWS_KERNEL_BOOTTIME -DBOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_THREAD_BUILD_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_NO_ANSI_APIS -DCPU_X86_FORCE_INTRINSICS -DSCRYPT_CHACHA -DSCRYPT_KECCAK512 -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DWIN32 -D_MT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN

Try this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hnindev/files/yacoin-qt-0.4.0.0-g2nd-winx64.zip

For viruses or malwae precaution, please scan it by yourself.  Wink

What gcc version are you using ?
My binaries compiled with gcc 4.7 crash while calling a library libstdc++6 if I recall correctly.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
June 03, 2013, 07:52:38 AM
Can somebody make a better linux cpuminer?
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
June 03, 2013, 06:18:19 AM
I compiled a version of win64 from windmaster's git branch, if you have 64-bit windows installed, you can try it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hnindev/files/yacoin-qt-0.4.0.0-g32a928e-winx64.zip

Hi Peers, I have built a new winx64 binary based on the latest GIT repo and turned on the SSE & AVX optimizations by adding this option -DCPU_X86_FORCE_INTRINSICS.

The complete options for gcc is:
DEFINES       = -DUNICODE -D__INSURE__ -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_INTERPROCESS_HAS_WINDOWS_KERNEL_BOOTTIME -DBOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_THREAD_BUILD_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_NO_ANSI_APIS -DCPU_X86_FORCE_INTRINSICS -DSCRYPT_CHACHA -DSCRYPT_KECCAK512 -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DWIN32 -D_MT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN

Try this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hnindev/files/yacoin-qt-0.4.0.0-g2nd-winx64.zip

For viruses or malwae precaution, please scan it by yourself.  Wink
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
June 02, 2013, 11:11:45 PM
colors are too soft though

Heres a psd file so anyone can modify the colours, this one also has slightly stronger colours to start with :

https://mega.co.nz/#!VhYm3bbT!HluFg2Gner_jFDWU4lDII2RHKg1XtvWx5CAqrb0LkCk

Example : http://imgur.com/scPsMZi & http://imgur.com/n5oCmJO

Looks nice and I like it better than the yak head. Prefer the Blue/Black/White.
It is close to Yen though. Maybe too close?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
June 02, 2013, 10:59:53 PM
I think my wallet generated some coins today. (0.826113)  Cheesy

Transaction: 0b5f4d2b64fd5c03e39ba0158f947dfefa2ff1b48c01b6244045947ca293dc41

PS: Looks like it might be 4 weeks exactly from when you get some coins in your wallet that the coins start to generate?

Activity: 106
June 02, 2013, 09:49:30 PM
High rollers wanting to buy YAC on bter. A 14k order already went through and there is about 30k high buy orders.
Activity: 112
June 02, 2013, 03:35:15 PM
Looks like he wanted to save space and removed SHA512, Blake and Skein. Why Salsa64 was removed if Salsa is needed is beyond me.
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
June 02, 2013, 03:22:35 PM

I do not - I was troubleshooting one compile error I was getting in scrypt-jane-romix-template.h, and it was giving me one line number, and when I compared it to floodyberry's, it was 10 lines off.  There was some other commented out lines in the file as well so I decided to just use his repository without looking at the rest of the differences.  Sorry mate.

Damn - I wish I didn't waste the time to surgically add the changes from floodyberry to the existing YAC files as it seems a copy/paste of the full repo is what works. Meh  Cool

WM - I git cloned YAC, removed all of the existing scrypt-jane-master libs and replaced them with all of floodyberry's.  Everything compiled and runs fine in Linux, and from what
Thirtybird mentioned above, Windows as well.  I'm not sure why pocopoco didn't include all of scrypt-jane-master into YAC, but it appears that by removing some files, he may have
screwed up some dependencies, or something.   I propose you check it out and if you think everything looks good, to add all of scrypt-jane-master to YACoin.  
Activity: 84
June 02, 2013, 02:08:58 PM
I was AFK for 4 days... Angry I placed my order to 4.6 . I'm going to wait for few days (max 3-4) and then bye bye  Undecided
Btw I'm keeping like 10000yac for the future Wink (and still mining nonstop with 16 xeon cores)
Activity: 406
The cryptocoin watcher
June 02, 2013, 02:06:39 PM
We YAC cowboys are cool, it's ok. Good luck, I hope you can get back in soon.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
June 02, 2013, 02:03:25 PM
wrong day to cash out, you could take 20% more day or two ago + bitcoin is some 10% down today.

I'd take those from you but I'm bit short with btc at the moment.
Activity: 84
June 02, 2013, 02:01:08 PM
Ok guys, I really need to cash out some money "right now" (max 3-4 days)  Embarrassed

So don't take my 11000yac sell like a panic dumping. I really would like to keep yacoins for further investment, but there is no other way for me right now  Cry

Btw lets make yac at least 0.0005BTC (or 0.005BTC?  Wink)
Activity: 693
June 02, 2013, 01:52:31 PM

Nope.  I wonder if all the people who are having success are compiling on Windows 7 x64 - I've been working on x86.  I even went so far as to pull WindMaster's code, then pull the new scrypt-jane from floodyberry and then put in cryptrol's exact makefile.mingw (changing library paths as needed), and I still got the exact same errors I was getting.  My makefile.mingw was nearly identical to the ones posted here, so when I get a chance, I'll spin up an x64 VM and run through the same process and see if the results are any different - there may be something wrong in the x86 library that is working in the x64 library.

UPDATE: apparently I just needed a good night sleep - yacoind.exe is done on x86 and x64.  Joe_Bauers - your github copy was not complete...  some files were different, and the big thing even I was missing was that the files in scrypt-jane (not just scrypt-jane/code) needed to be replaced.  Once that was done, my next make suceeded (both in DOS using mingw32-make and under msys using make).  I think it would be correct at this time to add floodyberry's latest update to the yacoin src and replace the makefile.mingw with cryptrol's.  

Once I get through the qt portion, I'll document my build steps so we can include them

Great news!  Do you have  a list of the files that weren't complete? There were a few files that were never added by pocopoco, so maybe they need to be in YAC?

I do not - I was troubleshooting one compile error I was getting in scrypt-jane-romix-template.h, and it was giving me one line number, and when I compared it to floodyberry's, it was 10 lines off.  There was some other commented out lines in the file as well so I decided to just use his repository without looking at the rest of the differences.  Sorry mate.
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
June 02, 2013, 12:51:17 AM

Nope.  I wonder if all the people who are having success are compiling on Windows 7 x64 - I've been working on x86.  I even went so far as to pull WindMaster's code, then pull the new scrypt-jane from floodyberry and then put in cryptrol's exact makefile.mingw (changing library paths as needed), and I still got the exact same errors I was getting.  My makefile.mingw was nearly identical to the ones posted here, so when I get a chance, I'll spin up an x64 VM and run through the same process and see if the results are any different - there may be something wrong in the x86 library that is working in the x64 library.

UPDATE: apparently I just needed a good night sleep - yacoind.exe is done on x86 and x64.  Joe_Bauers - your github copy was not complete...  some files were different, and the big thing even I was missing was that the files in scrypt-jane (not just scrypt-jane/code) needed to be replaced.  Once that was done, my next make suceeded (both in DOS using mingw32-make and under msys using make).  I think it would be correct at this time to add floodyberry's latest update to the yacoin src and replace the makefile.mingw with cryptrol's.  

Once I get through the qt portion, I'll document my build steps so we can include them

Great news!  Do you have  a list of the files that weren't complete? There were a few files that were never added by pocopoco, so maybe they need to be in YAC?

These were the commits I made:
Update scrypt-jane-romix-template.h …
Update scrypt-jane-romix-basic.h …
Update scrypt-jane-portable-x86.h …
Update scrypt-jane-mix_salsa-sse2.h …
Update scrypt-jane-mix_salsa-avx.h …
Update scrypt-jane-mix_chacha-ssse3.h …
Update scrypt-jane-mix_chacha-sse2.h …
Update scrypt-jane-mix_chacha-avx.h …
Update scrypt-jane-salsa.h …
Update scrypt-jane-chacha.h …

This is YAC:
scrypt-jane-chacha.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-hash.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-hash_keccak.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-hash_sha256.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-mix_chacha-avx.h   a month ago   scrypt-jane chacha added [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-mix_chacha-sse2.h   a month ago   scrypt-jane chacha added [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-mix_chacha-ssse3.h   a month ago   scrypt-jane chacha added [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-mix_chacha.h   a month ago   scrypt-jane chacha added [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-mix_salsa-avx.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-mix_salsa-sse2.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-mix_salsa.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-pbkdf2.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-portable-x86.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-portable.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-romix-basic.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-romix-template.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-romix.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-salsa.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]
scrypt-jane-test-vectors.h   a month ago   initial release [pocopoco]

And this is floodyberry's repo, so there is definitely some stuff missing:
scrypt-conf.h         9 months ago   checkin! [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-chacha.h      14 days ago   check if the cpu supports the impl before saying it's available [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-hash.h      8 months ago   add Keccak256/512 support [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-hash_blake256.h   6 months ago   accidentally left 'G' defined [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-hash_blake512.h   6 months ago   accidentally left 'G' defined [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-hash_keccak.h   8 months ago   give keccak one unrolled round [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-hash_sha256.h   9 months ago   checkin! [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-hash_sha512.h   9 months ago   checkin! [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-hash_skein512.h   9 months ago   checkin! [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_chacha-avx.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_chacha-sse2.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_chacha-ssse3.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_chacha.h   9 months ago   checkin! [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_salsa-avx.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_salsa-sse2.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_salsa.h      9 months ago   checkin! [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_salsa64-avx.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_salsa64-sse2.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_salsa64-ssse3.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-mix_salsa64.h   6 months ago   add proof of concept salsa6420/8 mixer [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-pbkdf2.h      9 months ago   zero out memory with derived secrets after use [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-portable-x86.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-portable.h      6 months ago   allow [64,128,256,512] byte block sizes and typedef the block element… [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-romix-basic.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-romix-template.h   14 days ago   fixes so it will compile and run under mingw [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-romix.h      6 months ago   add proof of concept salsa6420/8 mixer [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-salsa.h      14 days ago   check if the cpu supports the impl before saying it's available [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-salsa64.h      14 days ago   check if the cpu supports the impl before saying it's available [floodyberry]
scrypt-jane-test-vectors.h   6 months ago   add proof of concept salsa6420/8 mixer [floodyberry]
June 01, 2013, 10:35:41 PM
My Yacoin client still says Nfactor is 8 but according to my hashes it did go up. What's up with that?

Try pulling and rebuilding the latest source from my github repository.  There was a space of about a day or so after I first added Nfactor and N to the getmininginfo data that it was reporting only what Nfactor was when yacoind was last started.  I fixed that and pushed the fix to github a day or two later, but you may have snagged a copy while the bug was still there.  Alternatively, restart yacoind and it'll show the right info until the next N change near the end of June.

I'm using the latest windows binaries. Can someone build another one with the bug fix in it?
June 01, 2013, 10:33:22 PM

EDIT: one thought I had would be to add "-static" to the LDFLAGS in makefile.mingw
Activity: 347
June 01, 2013, 10:23:44 PM
My Yacoin client still says Nfactor is 8 but according to my hashes it did go up. What's up with that?

Try pulling and rebuilding the latest source from my github repository.  There was a space of about a day or so after I first added Nfactor and N to the getmininginfo data that it was reporting only what Nfactor was when yacoind was last started.  I fixed that and pushed the fix to github a day or two later, but you may have snagged a copy while the bug was still there.  Alternatively, restart yacoind and it'll show the right info until the next N change near the end of June.
June 01, 2013, 06:48:50 PM
June 01, 2013, 03:11:40 PM
Rise Nfactor RISE !

"blocks" : 77242,
    "currentblocksize" : 1527,
    "currentblocktx" : 1,
    "difficulty" : 1.39981203,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : 56745133, <- 56Mh the network hash is rising
    "pooledtx" : 1,
    "testnet" : false,
    "Nfactor" : 9,
    "N" : 1024,
    "powreward" : 23.64000000

Activity: 637
June 01, 2013, 02:47:23 PM
And don't forget to use the scrypt-jane from https://github.com/floodyberry/scrypt-jane , the one that comes with yacoin does not compile on mingw.
Jump to: