Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 38. (Read 379983 times)

legendary
Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000
ok - blocked an account, disabled registration   but I cannot contact him via email - my emails are being bounced...

Thank you, feeleep. If a new user wants to create an account, can they email you or send you a private message on here?

of course they can

Maybe post that message on the homepage? I think that would be perfect.

OK - just need to sort out locked server (again)
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
ok - blocked an account, disabled registration   but I cannot contact him via email - my emails are being bounced...

Thank you, feeleep. If a new user wants to create an account, can they email you or send you a private message on here?

of course they can

Maybe post that message on the homepage? I think that would be perfect.
legendary

of course they can

legendary
It looks it will not be so easy... The problem is that we have a miner with probably botnet... During peak hours it generates tons of connections which triggers DDOS protection in datacenter. So (two guys above) you probably tried to connect when server has been blocked again. Now it is working and mining again.

If you have any suggestions let me know

feeleep

If it appears to be a botnet, block his miners, or disable his account, or report it to some authority?  Just the first couple things that come to my mind.

Under T&C:
"Botnets are not welcome. Accounts with a large amount of miners connecting from different IPs may be suspended without prior notice. If we are uncertian then an investigation will be opened and the user will be notified via their configured e-mail address. If we do not receive a response your account may be suspended."

Over 100 khash/s at this NF16 is pretty absurd. He can mine on his own. The point of the pool is to give small miners a low-barrier to entry and stable rewards. 'youguqm' seems to keep kicking the pool offline, which defeats the purpose of a pool. I vote to block that account!

It looks it will not be so easy... The problem is that we have a miner with probably botnet... During peak hours it generates tons of connections which triggers DDOS protection in datacenter. So (two guys above) you probably tried to connect when server has been blocked again. Now it is working and mining again.

feeleep

If it appears to be a botnet, block his miners, or disable his account, or report it to some authority?  Just the first couple things that come to my mind.

Under T&C:
"Botnets are not welcome. Accounts with a large amount of miners connecting from different IPs may be suspended without prior notice. If we are uncertian then an investigation will be opened and the user will be notified via their configured e-mail address. If we do not receive a response your account may be suspended."

Over 100 khash/s at this NF16 is pretty absurd. He can mine on his own. The point of the pool is to give small miners a low-barrier to entry and stable rewards. 'youguqm' seems to keep kicking the pool offline, which defeats the purpose of a pool. I vote to block that account!
legendary

feeleep

If it appears to be a botnet, block his miners, or disable his account, or report it to some authority?  Just the first couple things that come to my mind.

I would need to disable new registrations...
Activity: 693
Merit: 500

feeleep

If it appears to be a botnet, block his miners, or disable his account, or report it to some authority?  Just the first couple things that come to my mind.
legendary

feeleep
Qxw
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Guys - before I understand what happened today with my pools I disabled stratums for yac pool. In worst case scenario I am thinking about "closed pool" based on invitations if there is be enough miners.

feeleep

Hi

My YAC pool is back in business - find it here: https://www2.coinmine.pl/yac/

feeleep

Have you migrated your pool?  I know I used to be a registered user, and my miner doesn't connect to stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088

Same here. It works about one hour and then connection fails, after then very short time on and agen connection fails continuously...   so it looks like there is some severe problem.
But what was nice to see in this around hour mining. Zero orphans! (if it was real)
Activity: 693
Guys - before I understand what happened today with my pools I disabled stratums for yac pool. In worst case scenario I am thinking about "closed pool" based on invitations if there is be enough miners.

feeleep

Hi

feeleep

Have you migrated your pool?  I know I used to be a registered user, and my miner doesn't connect to stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088
Activity: 756
N factor 17 is certainly interesting!

The increasing N factor is what has helped make the Yacoin distribution one of the fairest in history. The only thing stopping it from being fairer is that not enough individuals have taken advantage of Yacoins cheap price.

We should also remember that Satoshi asked for a gentlemen's agreement to postpone the GPU arms race as long as possible. I couldn't imagine a gentlemen's agreement with anything in Cryptoland. Instead it has been implemented in the source code!

http://imgur.com/v1CNeu8

Perhaps one day YAC will be mined with memristor or other new cutting edge tech but until then it's mined by the people.
Thank you, feeleep. 1.5 days left until Nfactor 17!
legendary

feeleep

Hi

feeleep
A YAC/CNY price of 1:1 is achievable. A YAC/USD price of 1:1 probably won't happen for another couple of years but many investors are long term so will wait.

Activity: 812
About 80% of of the Yacoin trade volume is coming from the YAC/CNY pair on bter.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/yacoin/#markets

This shows that there is significant Chinese interest in Yacoin.

Is there any interest in promoting Yacoin further on Sina Weibo similar to how it is currently promoted on twitter?

if further trade volume can be generated we can then approach some more exchange platforms about listing Yacoin.

I did sign up an account but now it wants me to confirm a code that it sent to my mobile but I haven't received yet.

Very interesting phenomena!
I still Yacoin's a very remarkable altcoin, I'll try to get some as soon as I can.
The caps look awesome btw Cheesy
About 80% of of the Yacoin trade volume is coming from the YAC/CNY pair on bter.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/yacoin/#markets

This shows that there is significant Chinese interest in Yacoin.

Is there any interest in promoting Yacoin further on Sina Weibo similar to how it is currently promoted on twitter?

if further trade volume can be generated we can then approach some more exchange platforms about listing Yacoin.

I did sign up an account but now it wants me to confirm a code that it sent to my mobile but I haven't received yet.

Qxw
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Do we have now any working  (public)mining pool for YAC ?
Looks like we are getting some impressive price increases. The 0.00001 barrier is coming up soon and will be the first test of this rally. If you want Yacoin to continue to rise please cancel your sells. This is only about 0.0025 USD. 0.00004 is 0.01 USD.
legendary

feeleep
Pages:
Jump to: