Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 40. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Does the YACoin wallet coin control automatically select the lowest priority inputs? If not, can it be so??
YACoin Bounty Update

Given the recent price increase, I feel I should remind people of the outstanding, unclaimed bounties, which have increased due to PoS minting!

--Built-in Wallet Miner with Autotune, Autodetect - 155,162 YAC
Donate to bounty here: YAA2QgGmKdzo31pg6iZBQNTF2xgRHmsVXw
https://forum.yacoin.org/index.php?topic=716.0

--YAC Multipool - 104,992 YAC
Donate to bounty here: YLNhNhRVspJMZLBN4PcSjkLsVTd3TMaq7R
https://forum.yacoin.org/index.php?topic=639.0

If there are more that I am missing, please let me know.
A good arb opportunity for Yacoin right now is to buy on crypsty and sell on bter.

BTW guys it looks like the price is finally starting to take off. If you look at the chart there was a really big jump in about November 2013. I'm expecting something similar to happen sometime this year.

So, you're predicting a 100x growth?  I'm optimistic most of the time, but that's pretty far fetched, even for true believers!

Knock optimism all you want, ThirtyBird. Bottom line, if it has happened before, it CAN happen again true?

I have A LOT of optimism in terms of the people behind the coin--you, Joe_Bauers, the others, even Windmaster Smiley. I also think the fundamentals behind the coin are SOLID. So I would expect the price to reflect that in the near future.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
A good arb opportunity for Yacoin right now is to buy on crypsty and sell on bter.

BTW guys it looks like the price is finally starting to take off. If you look at the chart there was a really big jump in about November 2013. I'm expecting something similar to happen sometime this year.

So, you're predicting a 100x growth?  I'm optimistic most of the time, but that's pretty far fetched, even for true believers!
Activity: 756

Nice price increase. Lets more there's more instore for Yacoin in the future.
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
How do u remove encryption from windows wallet.Is there a special way ?
I want to unlock wallet .Never sent coin yet just mining and minting now what?

You should have a check box on the main screen that say earn interest.
Click that, enter your encryption password and you are all set.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
How do u remove encryption from windows wallet.Is there a special way ?
I want to unlock wallet .Never sent coin yet just mining and minting now what?
Activity: 610
what setting for 280x help me? i have only HW
Ahh yes. Two big recent events. Yacoin reached block 1 million and now it turns the big 2.

Happy Birthday Yacoin.

I am downloading the blockchain as I type this. I will then get ready to do some PoS mining. Got a large amount of YAC that hasn't seen the network in about a year Smiley
Activity: 288
Merit: 260
Although YACoin is just 2 years old, I’m certain YAC will be the next mass adopted currency.

So long live YAC and Happy 2nd birthday!!
GCVMMWH
did pocopoco create yacoin or windmaster?

pocopoco.
Activity: 601
Vote 4fryn :)
did pocopoco create yacoin or windmaster?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I'm not sure who maintains that one. Maybe sahtor?

Haven't heard any updates from anyone. I think the site was owned by someone that "moved on to other things" so we can either do a new site: I can add one on Yacoin hosting, designate Grokos site as the "new official forum" or do something else.

https://forum.yacoin.org/ is working again. It needed a full replacement unpacking of smf files. The error logs were saying something related to socket permissions and stuff thats not fun to fix. The installation is hopefully working properly and safely.
GCVMMWH
April 30, 2015, 09:33:32 AM
What about setting a min-max range for the Tx fee?  Minimum, say in terms of the minimum YAC unit, 0.000001YAC (or 0.00001CENT), a Satoshi or whatever we choose to call that minimum, say 100 Satoshis.  And some maximum, or a percentage of the Tx amount, of TX byte count size or whatever, whichever is smaller.   Doesn't seem hard to do.                         

Tx fee's function is to prevent blockchain bloat/spam attacks. Lowering it would mean removing this protection.

The only way it seems sensible to have it dynamic (and less than 0.01) is to somehow tie it to block reward.
More miners, consequently higher difficulty and lower reward would indicate possible higher price. In that case it would make sense to lower mandatory tx fee.

As it is now, at such low price, tx fee could even be 0.1 yac.
I admit it is challenging to estimate price from difficulty, especially considering N factor.
Besides, I think tx fee is perhaps even more an economical than security issue. And we've got enough of those to fix.

The highlighted part above needs to be addressed. Simply put, a static, minimum transaction fee of 0.01 is VERY limiting to the growth of the coin. Of course, the price per YAC has to be 1,000,000 fold above the current price for the fees to be significant, but the fact that there is that limitation suppresses the coin well before reaching that point.

MIN_TX_FEE is set to CENT/10 in testing.

When we get some of the other stuff that senj has mentioned worked out, that is what we'll go with for 0.4.5
April 30, 2015, 09:07:11 AM
What about setting a min-max range for the Tx fee?  Minimum, say in terms of the minimum YAC unit, 0.000001YAC (or 0.00001CENT), a Satoshi or whatever we choose to call that minimum, say 100 Satoshis.  And some maximum, or a percentage of the Tx amount, of TX byte count size or whatever, whichever is smaller.   Doesn't seem hard to do.                         

Tx fee's function is to prevent blockchain bloat/spam attacks. Lowering it would mean removing this protection.

The only way it seems sensible to have it dynamic (and less than 0.01) is to somehow tie it to block reward.
More miners, consequently higher difficulty and lower reward would indicate possible higher price. In that case it would make sense to lower mandatory tx fee.

I admit it is challenging to estimate price from difficulty, especially considering N factor.
Besides, I think tx fee is perhaps even more an economical than security issue. And we've got enough of those to fix.

The highlighted part above needs to be addressed. Simply put, a static, minimum transaction fee of 0.01 is VERY limiting to the growth of the coin. Of course, the price per YAC has to be 1,000,000 fold above the current price for the fees to be significant, but the fact that there is that limitation suppresses the coin well before reaching that point.
GCVMMWH
April 23, 2015, 04:08:11 PM

Haven't heard any updates from anyone. I think the site was owned by someone that "moved on to other things" so we can either do a new site: I can add one on Yacoin hosting, designate Grokos site as the "new official forum" or do something else.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
April 16, 2015, 02:01:46 PM

Activity: 260
Merit: 251
April 16, 2015, 09:49:19 AM
When priced at 100$, 1$ would get destroyed with each transaction due hardcoded 0.01 yac transaction fee. Who would transact in amounts smaller than 10$ if one tenth would get destroyed with each transaction? I believe this rule in a way serves as limitation for maximum future price. My guess is that it could hardly get above 25$ per yac (25 cents destroyed with each transaction) and more reasonable target value could be between 0.1 and 10$.
I am aware people were paying high transaction fees when btc was at it's high, but that amount did not get destroyed.

Priced at 0.1$ YACoin would now have 5$ million market capitalization. Compare that to current Litecoin market cap (62$M) you can see how small "the push" must be to get us there.

And all that presuming dollar and other fiat money would preserve it's value:)

Hello Senj,

What about setting a min-max range for the Tx fee?  Minimum, say in terms of the minimum YAC unit, 0.000001YAC (or 0.0001CENT), a Satoshi or whatever we choose to call that minimum, say 100 Satoshis.  And some maximum, or a percentage of the Tx amount, of TX byte count size or whatever, whichever is smaller.   Doesn't seem hard to do.

Ron

GCVMMWH
April 13, 2015, 10:51:20 AM
Pages:
Jump to: