Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 53. (Read 379983 times)

Qxw
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
September 25, 2014, 02:54:15 AM
@Thirtybird; @devlin

Thanks. Good clarification.

--------
Network hash rate have rised over 130kh/s
But, where are pools?
I can see 2 pools what have around <40kh/s.
I can not find any p2p pools and I can not find pools where are rest miners.
Is this page 1. pools list updated?

I wonder if there is so much solo miners?

Example I do not want solo mine (and also not know exactly how to do it)  with my poor average 2.8kh/s hash power (only this amount I can use for YAC because my R9 280x rigs really are not at all for N16 (they can but N16 is really not for these radeons)

How can find p2p nodes? In YAC coin information side and here page one many links are obsolete.
It is not good for coin in long run if it is some kind of "insiders club". Informatrion need be updated.

Where are european pools (p2p or others). Today I use pool what have shortest ping for me and it is still  moderate high ~90ms.
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
September 24, 2014, 04:53:38 PM
Hi,

Difficulty  around 70 is not a typo:

"difficulty" : 0.00108411,
(block 723537)

So difficulty for mining  is aprox. 71.01  (  0.00108411 * 65.5K  = aprox  71.009 ) you find a block with a share >= 71.009

Activity: 693
Merit: 500
September 24, 2014, 04:48:35 PM
It looks like the difficultly has begun to stabilize around 70.  

I think this is typo and you mean hash rate.

No, he meant difficulty - as reported in the mining software.  For some reason (I never cared enough to figure out), the mining software reports difficulty as the network difficulty * 65536.  So the ~0.00106 difficulty * 65536 = 70.

Qxw
September 24, 2014, 03:38:16 PM
It looks like the difficultly has begun to stabilize around 70.  

I think this is typo and you mean hash rate.
YAcoin network hashrate chart.
5. Sep drop is of course due to Nfactor change from 15 to 16  what naturally drops  hash rate.

Here YAC difficulty chart

N factor change itself do not perhaps explain all whole 5th September drop in Network hash rate.  There is perhaps also some mining hardwares  what have difficulties with N16 but still works well with lower N factor so they have better profit example with some N14 coin.

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
September 24, 2014, 03:32:25 PM
I'm looking to add to our team of core programmers. There is much to be done for 0.4.5. Anyone is welcome! Send me a PM or "apply" in this thread. Better yet, submit a pull on github Wink
GCVMMWH
September 24, 2014, 02:00:36 PM
It looks like the difficultly has begun to stabilize around 70.  I've been checking about once or twice a day, and I haven't seen it go past 68-72 in about a week.  That makes each block 'worth' about 78 YAC, giving about 112k new YAC per day.

That's about .38 BTC per day at current exchange. Yacoin is so underpriced it's almost unbelievable!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
September 24, 2014, 01:37:41 PM
It looks like the difficultly has begun to stabilize around 70.  I've been checking about once or twice a day, and I haven't seen it go past 68-72 in about a week.  That makes each block 'worth' about 78 YAC, giving about 112k new YAC per day.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
September 22, 2014, 10:45:41 AM
Speaking of Wallet upgrades... Since switching to solo mining, I've been noticing some discrepancies on the Send Coins tab when using coin control.  The fee it calculates there is usually higher than the actual fee to send, usually by .1, but when sending large numbers of transactions together, it's been off by as much as 0.3.  This is compared to the dialog box that I am prompted with regarding the fee when pressing the send button - it would seem the Coin control piece has it's own fee calculation function and it comes up with different answers than the function actually sending uses.  I can work around it, but sometimes I fail at the math Wink

Almost all cryptocoins with Coin Control implemented have the same issue - XBC, SILK, N5X to name a few - but Bitcoin implementation is working fine. It seems calculation goes
wrong as soon as 7 unspent inputs are selected, Coin Control will claim fee like 0.00002 but actualy fee will be 0.00001 so 0.00001 coins will be sent to a new change address.
Activity: 347
Merit: 250
September 21, 2014, 07:18:42 PM
Added a link to Groko's explorer to the first (info) post in this thread.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
September 20, 2014, 02:04:55 PM
On another note...

I noticed that http://explorer.yacoin.org/chain/Yacoin doesn't seem to be up anymore and http://explorer.yacoin.org/ doesn't offer API.  I have a few google spreadsheets that I use to use to import some of this data (difficultly, block number, etc).  Is there somewhere else I could get this information?  AFAIK there isn't a way to 'automatically extract' this data from the wallet.  It would be nice to have these fields 'automatically' update again.

You've got Groko's one here:
http://explore.grokonet.com/

And you can also try this one if it's online:
http://explorer.yacoin.net

legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
September 20, 2014, 04:15:36 AM
On another note...

I noticed that http://explorer.yacoin.org/chain/Yacoin doesn't seem to be up anymore and http://explorer.yacoin.org/ doesn't offer API.  I have a few google spreadsheets that I use to use to import some of this data (difficultly, block number, etc).  Is there somewhere else I could get this information?  AFAIK there isn't a way to 'automatically extract' this data from the wallet.  It would be nice to have these fields 'automatically' update again.
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
September 20, 2014, 04:01:08 AM
Who has good configuration for R7 240 4GB with yacminer3.5.0? This miner looks tired of working on N16.   Angry

MSI R7 240 4Gb LP overclocked 1150core 1000mem
L 6 B 3750 R 1200
On dev with mon connected B 3620 R 1500
If some HW decrease R low step
Catalyst 13.12 req
In current N-factor needs 16Mb mem for each raw thread on lookup 1
If lookup 6   16/6=2.66(6)Mb per raw thread, 3750/2.66(6)=1407 raw threds
R 1400 unstable, and I decrease to 1200

R9 270x 2Gb best results L 16 B 1620 R 1600
overclocked 1160core 1500mem
but coins/watts = non profit on 270x

I think your look-up gap needs to be higher then 1.  Did you try Thritybird's setting generater?

http://www.ultracoin.net/configgen_raw.html

Also it is good to realize (if people is investing to mining hardware) that quite soon N is 17

The next N factor change isn't until Tue, 23 Jun 2015 22:54:24 GMT.  That's over 276 days at the time of the post.  I believe this is the longest N-factor we've had yet.

For possible future wallet development - I'd like to throw the following on the table for consideration.  Some of the new POS 'only' (Reddcoin, Blackcoin, etc.) have this nifty arrow in the bottom of the QT wallet.  When the user hovers their mouse over it, it indicated there 'weight' and an estimation of how long it will take to mint.

Under the console they also have 'stakeweight' and 'netstakeweight' which is also interesting information.  I'm not sure how difficult it would be to 'import' these features, or if anyone else would find them useful, but I thought I would pass them along.  Smiley

*bump*

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Would this be difficult to add?

No, not difficult. This can be part of 0.4.5 which will be a major upgrade.

Excellent!  I look forward to this.  Smiley
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
September 19, 2014, 09:42:00 AM
Speaking of Wallet upgrades... Since switching to solo mining, I've been noticing some discrepancies on the Send Coins tab when using coin control.  The fee it calculates there is usually higher than the actual fee to send, usually by .1, but when sending large numbers of transactions together, it's been off by as much as 0.3.  This is compared to the dialog box that I am prompted with regarding the fee when pressing the send button - it would seem the Coin control piece has it's own fee calculation function and it comes up with different answers than the function actually sending uses.  I can work around it, but sometimes I fail at the math Wink
GCVMMWH
September 19, 2014, 09:26:09 AM
For possible future wallet development - I'd like to throw the following on the table for consideration.  Some of the new POS 'only' (Reddcoin, Blackcoin, etc.) have this nifty arrow in the bottom of the QT wallet.  When the user hovers their mouse over it, it indicated there 'weight' and an estimation of how long it will take to mint.

Under the console they also have 'stakeweight' and 'netstakeweight' which is also interesting information.  I'm not sure how difficult it would be to 'import' these features, or if anyone else would find them useful, but I thought I would pass them along.  Smiley

*bump*

No, not difficult. This can be part of 0.4.5 which will be a major upgrade.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
September 19, 2014, 04:38:09 AM
Who has good configuration for R7 240 4GB with yacminer3.5.0? This miner looks tired of working on N16.   Angry

MSI R7 240 4Gb LP overclocked 1150core 1000mem
L 6 B 3750 R 1200
On dev with mon connected B 3620 R 1500
If some HW decrease R low step
Catalyst 13.12 req
In current N-factor needs 16Mb mem for each raw thread on lookup 1
If lookup 6   16/6=2.66(6)Mb per raw thread, 3750/2.66(6)=1407 raw threds
R 1400 unstable, and I decrease to 1200

R9 270x 2Gb best results L 16 B 1620 R 1600
overclocked 1160core 1500mem
but coins/watts = non profit on 270x
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
September 19, 2014, 04:13:51 AM
For possible future wallet development - I'd like to throw the following on the table for consideration.  Some of the new POS 'only' (Reddcoin, Blackcoin, etc.) have this nifty arrow in the bottom of the QT wallet.  When the user hovers their mouse over it, it indicated there 'weight' and an estimation of how long it will take to mint.

Under the console they also have 'stakeweight' and 'netstakeweight' which is also interesting information.  I'm not sure how difficult it would be to 'import' these features, or if anyone else would find them useful, but I thought I would pass them along.  Smiley

*bump*

IF it is worth the effort of Joe_Bauers and Groko, I am thinking more like 1 week/1 month/1 year (estimated) interest prediction statistics or maybe even a graph. The way blackcoin has it setup is not self-explanatory at all for a newcomer, imo.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
September 19, 2014, 03:26:44 AM
Who has good configuration for R7 240 4GB with yacminer3.5.0? This miner looks tired of working on N16.   Angry

Finding gold nuggets is difficult and hard work. If you have done this work and after then you know place where you can pick up free gold nuggets do you tell this exact place to everyone?
Perhaps is better to guide peoples to other place and then self pick up this gold. This is perhaps why you can find mostly poor or even disinformation.

There is Thirtybird's guide how to do this "finding" work for settings but this  need study and some hard work. Also I want free lounges - but there is no.

Sorry about this kind of joking but here is too silent. Wink

Also it is good to realize (if people is investing to mining hardware) that quite soon N is 17

(and I do not have good settings for R7 240 4Gb for YAC but also I have these GPU's  and today these are not in use just because so much troubles and time is money so I stop knock my head to woods and change to Cuda GPU's (instead of Open GL) and after 1 minute they work perfect without any kind of problems)

Increase lookup-gap and maybe try multiple threads. I believe you should get over 350 khash/s. Remember, the NFactor change decreases the hashrate for everyone. Hashrate.is.relative. Your hashrate as a proportion of the network hashrate could very well be higher now, which is all that matters in terms of obtaining coins.
Qxw
September 19, 2014, 02:21:03 AM
Who has good configuration for R7 240 4GB with yacminer3.5.0? This miner looks tired of working on N16.   Angry

Finding gold nuggets is difficult and hard work. If you have done this work and after then you know place where you can pick up free gold nuggets do you tell this exact place to everyone?
Perhaps is better to guide peoples to other place and then self pick up this gold. This is perhaps why you can find mostly poor or even disinformation.

There is Thirtybird's guide how to do this "finding" work for settings but this  need study and some hard work. Also I want free lounges - but there is no.

Sorry about this kind of joking but here is too silent. Wink

(and I do not have good settings for R7 240 4Gb for YAC but also I have these GPU's  and today these are not in use just because so much troubles and time is money so I stop knock my head to woods and change to Cuda GPU's (instead of Open GL) and after 1 minute they work perfect without any kind of problems)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 18, 2014, 08:19:25 PM
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
September 18, 2014, 05:12:19 PM

*bump*

Pages:
Jump to: