Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 169. (Read 346684 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
How long left for YACoin?

Would this be worth mining on a farm of 40 rigs?

Seriously. Look up one post. And, 40 rigs? If they really turn out to be something, why not.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
How long left for YACoin?

Would this be worth mining on a farm of 40 rigs?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
1 hour and 15 minutes.
EDIT : Actually, about 2 hours and 15 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I'm going to bed but I'll be buying these 3 LTC per 1 K tomorrow so think of me once you have started mining Smiley

Sure, but we need to know the look and color of your pajama. Something like this, maybe?  Grin

lol made me laugh man!!!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1386
I'm going to bed but I'll be buying these 3 LTC per 1 K tomorrow so think of me once you have started mining Smiley
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
bitarchitect
So, can we mine with a scrypt cpu miner? will their be a miner in the wallet? and if so, will it be available on macOSX?
Thanks Smiley i'll be joining

I'm wondering the same!
I am guessing this will be a spectacular crash and burn coin. If it even launches on time, and if (I doubt it) OP does not premine/early-mine the first 100+ blocks.
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
the successful currency is the one that EVERYONE can have a piece of  - but we haveto think about malicious intentions of Governments and Institutions , as well as just plain greedy people, nothing wrong with greed, its just the malicious nature of it that causes the problem.

+1

It looks like BTC and major altcoins are going to 20/80 model, just like in the real economy, where 20% of users/holders have 80% of wealth/coins..

20/80 is everywhere. If you don't want that you can start CommunistCoin Cheesy

hey i never made the 20/80 quote - and just for the record , that is a crazy assumption, for anyone not interested in economics , you have actually no idea just how centralized fiat is.

When you judge it on a wealth /debt = true wealth ratio - you a re talking more like 000.1% and the rest of us with the rest.

so you know , some sanity here?

even the worst Crypt (which in my view is Bitcoin as from a starting standard it has premine - centralized written all over it, hell even the CIA in there. )  is better than what we get "paid" in.

my problem with the current fiat system is that it is starting to look like Communism ,.... but with none of the benefits .

but i will say this , some people you just can't help, I'm sorry some people have no drive , I've found that, those people can't be helped (or more specifically can't help themselves) but they are a minority.

free markets work, they are imperfect, but they work!  that does not mean we don't try to make them freer lol.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
3 hours to go.
Activity: 182
+1

It looks like BTC and major altcoins are going to 20/80 model, just like in the real economy, where 20% of users/holders have 80% of wealth/coins..

Until the 20% dumps their coin on the 80% and leaves them holding worthless junk.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Did you guys notice that the release was announced in 24 hours? I think that's not the same as release after exactly 24 hours. Grin Anyway if the truth is out there, it should be any time now.

However the announcer seems to be gone for quite a long time. Just saying, this doesn't look very trustworthy.
Activity: 126
the successful currency is the one that EVERYONE can have a piece of  - but we haveto think about malicious intentions of Governments and Institutions , as well as just plain greedy people, nothing wrong with greed, its just the malicious nature of it that causes the problem.

+1

A CommunistCoin... Smiley Yes, why not. Maybe someone will try to create it. Only for solo mining, totally resistant to botnets, GPU farms etc.

BTW, I was born in a communist country, it wasn't as bad as many think. Free public education and health insurance, free holiday trips once a year etc. No hungry and homeless people on the streets, unless they really wanted to be homeless.
No free speech...

Don't want to turn this into a politcal discussion. Still curious about more implementation details on this. I already updated cgminer to handle different scrypt settings. I'm not sure about the correctness of my changes tho
Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
the successful currency is the one that EVERYONE can have a piece of  - but we haveto think about malicious intentions of Governments and Institutions , as well as just plain greedy people, nothing wrong with greed, its just the malicious nature of it that causes the problem.

+1

A CommunistCoin... Smiley Yes, why not. Maybe someone will try to create it. Only for solo mining, totally resistant to botnets, GPU farms etc.

BTW, I was born in a communist country, it wasn't as bad as many think. Free public education and health insurance, free holiday trips once a year etc. No hungry and homeless people on the streets, unless they really wanted to be homeless.
Activity: 261
So, can we mine with a scrypt cpu miner? will their be a miner in the wallet? and if so, will it be available on macOSX?
Thanks Smiley i'll be joining
Activity: 322
I AM A DRAGON
does YAC = Yet another COin?
Activity: 264

+1

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

+1

lol you guys are crazy Cheesy
Activity: 462
minerd is not gona work, only client built-in cpu mining will work.

Out of the box perhaps. But what's stopping you from changing that?

time, even if released 10min later you whould be already missing the easy blocks at start.

No you don't. Mine with CPU's while changing the code and compiling, and once that is done switch to GPU mining. At least that's what
i am going to do (well what i am going to try for the GPU part Wink )

And when you can hit with GPUs as one of the first, those blocks will still be easy.

share that public asap when u managed to do that Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Looking forward for warm and fuzzy feeling when 50 freshly minted coins appear in the wallet...
Jump to: