Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 171. (Read 346684 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
How many hours remaining?
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
GPU miner seems ready. Just need the files from pocopoco now to test it out Cheesy
Activity: 167
Something makes me think you have Nvidia cards in your pc Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Is it even possible to write dynamic hash algorithms that cannot be imported easily to perform better on (GP)GPU?

Only if it requires A LOT OF memory.

Ok, thats not feasible. It would be nice if these hashing algorithms could include some 3D/CGI operations so that instead of developing FPGA/ASICS, a better multipurpose graphic cards were developed Smiley

That would require all the graphics operations a modern card can do. Or at least a lot of them. Otherwise you can implement it in a cheap FPGA/ASIC. IF you use all of them the die space/gates used would not be worth it.

Going a bit off topic..
Could it be possible to use 3D Mark or any other 3D benchmark with the hashing? I mean that can you create a mathematically solid hash algorithm dependent on 3D imaging power. So instead of wasting all the hashing power, it would provide a motive to create more modern graphics cards.
Activity: 196
Activity: 369
yup, the final name will be BNC  Cheesy  now guess what is stands for ::trollface::
BUTT NAKKED COIN!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
Watching with interest
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
yup, the final name will be BNC  Cheesy  now guess what is stands for ::trollface::
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
As per free market dynamics i say release it and let it fail or live. or that thing in between.

Then everyone pick over it and see what the community can derive , but this whole idea , even though server farms and Bots are a problem, seems to be aimed more towards the average end user.

the successful currency is the one that EVERYONE can have a piece of  - but we haveto think about malicious intentions of Governments and Institutions , as well as just plain greedy people, nothing wrong with greed, its just the malicious nature of it that causes the problem.

is there anything that Coders could add with regard to say the Botnet aspect and - as for the server farm perhaps a POS system that NVC derived could be useful?  

- i say keep the name as Yacoin as it can be a test name -Dev name. its a new type of principal.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
curious what this coin will be all about.... Smiley i like the fact it's only cpu mining though
Activity: 350
Is it even possible to write dynamic hash algorithms that cannot be imported easily to perform better on (GP)GPU?

Ok, thats not feasible. It would be nice if these hashing algorithms could include some 3D/CGI operations so that instead of developing FPGA/ASICS, a better multipurpose graphic cards were developed Smiley

That would require all the graphics operations a modern card can do. Or at least a lot of them. Otherwise you can implement it in a cheap FPGA/ASIC. IF you use all of them the die space/gates used would not be worth it.

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

‘Try to be nice’
Nice idea. What is the starting difficulty going to be?

I'm really confused here. People kicked up a big fuss about BitBar's starting difficulty (even though it was no different to a lot of other coin launches) and now a new coin is launching no-one cares about the starting difficulty? I notice Substrata isn't asking about this in this thread which is amusing to me since half of his 70 odd posts must be about BitBar's difficulty level lol

Why would anyone care about starting difficulty for CPU mined coin?

Same principles apply - you have server farm and botnet owners waiting to unleash 1000s of CPUs on this thing.

+1 but for some reason its still appealing to me - i'm reading the thread now.
Activity: 1499
Merit: 374
No premine is planned: the blockchain I use now for testing will be deleted before release.

respect for it! Wink
Hash algo is changed from scrypt(1024, 1, 1) to scrypt(N, 1, 1).

What about scrypt(N, 4, 1) to make it even more CPU-friendly?

Using scrypt(N, 1, 1) means that only solo cpu mining will work until someone will fork mining pool software or implement GPU miner. All existing miners aren't compatible.

Won't really work. It will take only a day to write GPU miner.

Why not scrypt(N, N, N)? There must be a cleverer way to determine each of the parameters than arbitrary numbers.

‘Try to be nice’
Just fucking stop pushing out useless carbon copy altcoins already.

This time you are probably not right. Check the starting post. This coin might actualy be the best new altcoin launched since Litecoin.

Why? Because it allows botnet mining. Yeah, that's a huge plus, we surely need a new coin just to satisfy people's need to not mine 0.0001 of something but 1.000.000 of something using their CPU.

I know like 20 people that will surely start mining this coin but they have never ever mined anything else because, you see, 99.99% people on this planet just don't give a damn
about 3rd-party miners and other geek bullshits. The moment you tell them it takes more than a cryptocoin wallet to mine you lost them. I guarantee you that with well done promo
for this coin, it would be the most accepted and decentralized of all cryptocoins, past or present. If somehow developer could insure coin can be mined just with the CPU, target
and potentially interested audience would be all people having a computer connected to Internet - few billions of them for sure.

It is how easy is to start mining that majority out there is most interested in, not the mining profit or mining efficiency. Trust me, I tried recruiting at least 20 people to mine BTC
or something else but they all gave up the moment the procedure became a bit geeky.

one question there - Server farm?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Hash algo is changed from scrypt(1024, 1, 1) to scrypt(N, 1, 1).

What about scrypt(N, 4, 1) to make it even more CPU-friendly?

Using scrypt(N, 1, 1) means that only solo cpu mining will work until someone will fork mining pool software or implement GPU miner. All existing miners aren't compatible.

Won't really work. It will take only a day to write GPU miner.

EDIT: Seems I confused 2nd parameter. I meant 4x-parallelization to use SSE-instructions.
Activity: 350
I vote for Yottacoin (YAC). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yotta

I like it, but we need to adjust it to have 1x10^24 units if we go there...

(FYI, that divides nicely into 1 Trillion units with 1 Trillion subunits)

FYI, either way, this coin looks like a good idea, please take feedback for a defined period, finalize the code and then release on a preannounced date.
Can anyone provide information how to test SOLO CPU mining (i.e. with litecoin client) with that basic client?
Command line parameters and solo proxy setup (if needed)?

PS. I have only used a cgminer...
Try Pool's Miner
.bat command line is:
start /b "path.." minerd.exe --url http://url.com:port --userpass UserName:Pass

I mean that how do I set up a solo mining with the standard client (I suppose it is the same client as with litecoin but different name).
For example, here are the instructions for litecoin solo mining:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tutorial-solo-mining-litecoins-guide-windows-83371

Do I need to setup those rpc ports, etc? And what kind of other parameters (for queue, expiry, etc)?
OP, can you provide the system setup information beforehand?
Jump to: