Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ZANO] New Sources|1st ProgPowZ|PoW/PoS Hybrid|Scalable|Private|Contracting - page 13. (Read 36479 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hi everyone , We are currently working on translating the wallet code into nearly 30 languages and want to give the community the opportunity to help out if they want to.

Requirements

• Must be fluent in English and the language you want to translate

Here's how it works
  •  Go sign up at crowdin.com
  •  DM me on discord or telegram and i will send you an invite link to work on translations  
  •  We will assign one person to each language

there are about 1300 words per translation so its fairly simple task
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003
For those of you that are on Reddit, Zano has a Community there as well https://www.reddit.com/r/Zano/

just a fyi  Smiley
Activity: 906
Merit: 500
Zano is built on the same guts that Monero is. Or are you saying that you are part of the Cryptonote team?

https://twitter.com/_cryptozoidberg/status/1159222372760788992

Wow! Confirmation from FluffyPony too, that's incredible.

Well he better is, zano co-founder/dev name is in monero code: https://github.com/monero-project/monero/blob/ff7dc087ae5f7de162131cea9dbcf8eac7c126a1/contrib/epee/LICENSE.txt#L1

I just can't see how he could say otherwise here, give credits to the people who deserves it...

PS.: You can see full dev name in Zano WP (https://zano.org/downloads/zano_wp.pdf)
Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us
Zano is built on the same guts that Monero is. Or are you saying that you are part of the Cryptonote team?

Wow! Confirmation from FluffyPony too, that's incredible.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100

legendary

You say there is going to be a fork to help add security to the blockchain. Nice. When are you planning this? thx Smiley

there isnt a exact date on it yet but i believe plan is near the end of this month, stay tuned for further updates 

Thx minerjed.  Smiley

You say there is going to be a fork to help add security to the blockchain. Nice. When are you planning this? thx Smiley

there isnt a exact date on it yet but i believe plan is near the end of this month, stay tuned for further updates 
legendary

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

Dear friends!
We had stopped coinswap service and updated BBR daemon on STEX and BTC-ALPHA so swap operations won't be possible there any longer.
Coinswap is officially over, glad to see every new Zano holder! Congrats!

Still less than half of all BBR swapped. Anyone have any idea how much is stuck on Poloniex?
Activity: 519
Merit: 252
Trading is now live at Stex. It was previously known as Stocks.exchange and I've used it since late 2017.

https://app.stex.com/en/basic-trade/pair/BTC/ZANO?ref=18645393

Great! I hope you can figure something out, it sounds like the ideal solution. Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions.

Sure, thank you for interest to the project and bringing up these important questions.
Thanks crypto_zoindberg. What you say about not being able to lock or use a multisig address for coins that are staking makes sense. Will you have to take any special measures to ensure the security of the premine?

Well, we as much concerned about the safety of our main assets, so I don't even think that it's a good idea to share any details about special measures.

I appreciate you wouldn't want to give out any specific details of technological measures you might want to take. My point is, without multisig or time-locks isn't it difficult to ensure that no one individual is in a position to steal the funds (or fake their theft) and pull an exit scam once the coin hits a certain value?  Obviously you might reply that we should feel confident placing our trust in the fine upstanding people of the Zano Foundation... and that may be true, but something requiring a little less trust would be preferable and would help ease my worried mind.

At this moment we are considering to implement a feature with upcoming hardfork, which let keep locked money available for PoS mining in some specific way: after creating PoS block asset that was used for it will remain locked, but reward will be issued as a regular(unlocked) coins. This will let us lock dev funds for a certain period of time but still doing PoS mining from this and use it to cover expends.

But the decision is not made yet, we do consultations and reviewing code, need to find out how much time needed to implement everything related to this, beside what is already planned regarding PoS improvements.

Great! I hope you can figure something out, it sounds like the ideal solution. Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions.
Thanks crypto_zoindberg. What you say about not being able to lock or use a multisig address for coins that are staking makes sense. Will you have to take any special measures to ensure the security of the premine?

Well, we as much concerned about the safety of our main assets, so I don't even think that it's a good idea to share any details about special measures.

I appreciate you wouldn't want to give out any specific details of technological measures you might want to take. My point is, without multisig or time-locks isn't it difficult to ensure that no one individual is in a position to steal the funds (or fake their theft) and pull an exit scam once the coin hits a certain value?  Obviously you might reply that we should feel confident placing our trust in the fine upstanding people of the Zano Foundation... and that may be true, but something requiring a little less trust would be preferable and would help ease my worried mind.

At this moment we are considering to implement a feature with upcoming hardfork, which let keep locked money available for PoS mining in some specific way: after creating PoS block asset that was used for it will remain locked, but reward will be issued as a regular(unlocked) coins. This will let us lock dev funds for a certain period of time but still doing PoS mining from this and use it to cover expends.

But the decision is not made yet, we do consultations and reviewing code, need to find out how much time needed to implement everything related to this, beside what is already planned regarding PoS improvements.

Thanks for the report on the development fund by the way. The fact that you're thinking about the long-term funding of the project definitely inspires confidence.

Pages:
Jump to: