Author

Topic: [ANN][ZEN] Horizen: Unbounded By Design - page 188. (Read 217223 times)

Activity: 552
Merit: 110
December 04, 2017, 02:29:07 AM
Is there a secure node available for anyone who wants to set up one providing we have 43 ZenCash coins?

Or, is there a big waiting period and the line of people wanting to get a secure node is long?

Thank you,

G.P.

Cool

Activity: 140
Merit: 11
December 04, 2017, 02:27:20 AM
you need solid CPU and some amount of RAM which the Raspb does not have.  No need to torment your little raspi Smiley

Activity: 160
Merit: 10
December 04, 2017, 01:15:22 AM
learn and study how to build node..

go go
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
December 03, 2017, 09:56:40 PM
i would love to see masternodes running on raspberry pi, that would be great
Well if can meet requirements then ok.

https://securenodes.eu.zensystem.io/about

I did get a secure node running on a raspberry pi 3 in testnet.  Unfortunately it did not even come close to meeting the challenge time requirements when it was able to even complete the challenge.
Activity: 574
Merit: 502
waiting to explode
December 03, 2017, 02:50:08 PM
Oh, gawd! Someone is launching a protocol with same name  Angry

https://www.zenprotocol.com

Hi ZenCash team! I am an old supporter of ZenCash. I love Zen and I hold some investment in it. That's why I'm a little bit worried about the conflicting identity this new protocol launch is bringing to the table. I'm afraid it can do the same kind of confusion and brand identity theft just like what NEO did to NEOS; and I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

I appreciate all the development going on in Zen but at the same time let's also address the elephant in the room.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
December 03, 2017, 12:54:26 PM
Hi!

Medar. Would you be so kind to help me please ? I'm running a secure node on main net and the node challenge has been failed. I got this error message:
"18: bad-txns-joinsplit-requirements-not-met" (This is the second challenge, the previous one was successful). Can you explain this what does it mean and how can i solve it please ? I already ask this question on slack and discord in multiple times but no one reply to me. Thank you in advance.

Robcsa.
Chech if you are in compliance? The tracker will report any compliance issues.
Tracker link will be most usefull  Wink ? Send me on pm.
Activity: 54
December 03, 2017, 12:29:21 PM
Hi!

Medar. Would you be so kind to help me please ? I'm running a secure node on main net and the node challenge has been failed. I got this error message:
"18: bad-txns-joinsplit-requirements-not-met" (This is the second challenge, the previous one was successful). Can you explain this what does it mean and how can i solve it please ? I already ask this question on slack and discord in multiple times but no one reply to me. Thank you in advance.

Robcsa.
legendary
December 03, 2017, 11:36:21 AM
Hello Medar, so as of currently, i need to set up and run on VM? I got my zen ready but seems like there's no people run it on windows yet haha, hope it will come soon  Wink
As I said before Windows has poor memory management, and certainly cannot be called secure system so members avoiding to use it for this purpose. But if someone decide to share his experince I will post it here. You can run it using VM just follow the instructions.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
December 03, 2017, 10:57:04 AM
Is it going to be possible run secure nodes on windows? Any ETA if so?
I didn't find confirmation anyone tested it on Windows, without using Virtual machine.

Hello Medar, so as of currently, i need to set up and run on VM? I got my zen ready but seems like there's no people run it on windows yet haha, hope it will come soon  Wink
legendary
December 03, 2017, 08:14:53 AM
i would love to see masternodes running on raspberry pi, that would be great
Well if can meet requirements then ok.

https://securenodes.eu.zensystem.io/about
legendary
December 03, 2017, 07:59:54 AM
I didn't find confirmation anyone tested it on Windows, without using Virtual machine.
is someone still working on zcl?
or is it now a dead chain?
You can check this here:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1671982.0
Activity: 28
December 03, 2017, 06:31:54 AM
is someone still working on zcl?

or is it now a dead chain?
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
TOKPIE
December 03, 2017, 06:23:07 AM
66 Percent of Popular Android Cryptocurrency Apps Don't Use Encryption After analysis, 94 percent had "at least three" medium-risk vulnerabilities.

As the value of cryptocurrencies continues to skyrocket nearly across the board, hackers and scammers are stealing digital money from unsuspecting victims in all sorts of new and interesting ways.
https://motherboard.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/bj7wev/66-percent-of-popular-android-cryptocurrency-apps-dont-use-encryption
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
December 03, 2017, 05:48:02 AM
Activity: 124
Merit: 3
December 03, 2017, 03:11:05 AM
I like seeing Zencash further down the list on whattomine. Am I being selfish? Smiley

It sometimes jumps up quite high for no apparent reason on the immediate profitability measurement. Sometimes the difficulty drops 30 odd percent in the space of a few blocks (yesterday I saw it at 350ish before going back to high 600's), my guess is nicehash miners going to another coin, but still don't know why the swing would be so large!

But yes, I prefer to be able to mine more zencash at lower difficulty regardless of price, because I like zencash for the long haul!

Same here, but would like to have seen some price action with the successful go-live of securenodes on mainnet. Hopefully some patience will pay off.
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
December 03, 2017, 01:35:31 AM
I like seeing Zencash further down the list on whattomine. Am I being selfish? Smiley

It sometimes jumps up quite high for no apparent reason on the immediate profitability measurement. Sometimes the difficulty drops 30 odd percent in the space of a few blocks (yesterday I saw it at 350ish before going back to high 600's), my guess is nicehash miners going to another coin, but still don't know why the swing would be so large!

But yes, I prefer to be able to mine more zencash at lower difficulty regardless of price, because I like zencash for the long haul!
Activity: 124
Merit: 3
December 03, 2017, 01:30:15 AM
legendary
Activity: 10
December 02, 2017, 09:47:32 AM
so securenode has moved to mainnet. where can i find tutorial to setup securenode?
legendary
December 02, 2017, 08:19:41 AM
Great mention on bitcoin.com about sustainable mining.

One expert who’s been eyeing the project with interest is cryptocurrency miner and Zencash business developer Rowan Stone. He told news.Bitcoin.com:

"I think that sourcing renewable energy will be an essential part of crypto continuing to grow at its current rate. But when we talk about renewable energy, we talk about sources that cannot be depleted. That’s why the miners of tomorrow will power their mines with wind, water and solar energy – not car tyres."

https://news.bitcoin.com/is-zero-waste-bitcoin-mining-achievable/
Jump to: