Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 56. (Read 129054 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
December 10, 2014, 05:05:05 PM
Maybe somebody from Bitmain is reading the forum - they obviously don't read the mails... One of the pumps I got with the C1 is leaking... I informed them in time before I ordered three S4s, however, no response, so chances are slim that they just put the pump into one of the packages. The non-reaction is somewhat disappointing...
Activity: 657
Merit: 500
December 10, 2014, 04:27:45 PM
Who is receiving fans with one 3 pin connector attached to 2 fans?
It appears, everyone is.  There's nothing wrong with that, either, as all the fan and pump needs are two wires - one positive and one negative.  The fans and pump run at full-speed and are not throttled so there is absolutely no need for more than two wires.

That's fine, but the fans were damaged. All the plastic brackets that hold the fan in the square were broken.  Bitmain said he wouldn't send me replacements unless I bought another miner since it would cost him to much to just send me two fans. Basically he doesn't want to pay for the cost of doing business as he should be. I don't care what shipping cost. When a customer receives damaged parts, shows hi-res pictures of it, the expectation is to get them replaced without a hassle.
Shipping damage is normally fixed with a claim to the shipper, not the manufacturer.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
December 10, 2014, 12:15:39 PM
Hmm. Are you able to SSH in and look what error the cgminer window is throwing up?

Actually I can't get into the C1 via SSH.  The unit won't accept the password for root.  I haven't changed it and am able to login via the web interface.  I'm not sure what the problem is...

I got an email from Bitmain support as follows:

Hi,
   Please refresh the web page to see if there any help. the miner needs some time to finish the initial settings.
   If no use, please try to mine in other pools, you may try our Antpool as well:)
   stratum.antpool.com:3333, or solo.antpool.com:3333, solo.antpool.com:25
   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855548.0;all

Best Regards

BITMAIN

Needless to say I tried refreshing and leaving the miner on for an hour to see if some magic fairy's could get it to work - but still no luck.  I can see the difficulty changing and the "getworks" are increasing as well so it appears to be talking to the various pools and receiving work.  It's just not doing any work!

Oh and I tried the freq change just to see...and no it didn't work either.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Password is admin, I've changed everywhere its listed.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 10, 2014, 04:55:56 AM
Not only for Bitmain's miners,but for Syscooling watercooling kits,even your other products bought from online bussiness,please check it before you signed it.If any parts damaged obviously,please refuse to sign on it.You needn't to pay any money on it,so do we,and we could ask express company for compensation.Once you signed,the express would get out of business,unhappiness and dissension may happen between us.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
December 10, 2014, 04:40:56 AM
Hmm. Are you able to SSH in and look what error the cgminer window is throwing up?

Actually I can't get into the C1 via SSH.  The unit won't accept the password for root.  I haven't changed it and am able to login via the web interface.  I'm not sure what the problem is...

I got an email from Bitmain support as follows:

Hi,
   Please refresh the web page to see if there any help. the miner needs some time to finish the initial settings.
   If no use, please try to mine in other pools, you may try our Antpool as well:)
   stratum.antpool.com:3333, or solo.antpool.com:3333, solo.antpool.com:25
   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855548.0;all

Best Regards

BITMAIN

Needless to say I tried refreshing and leaving the miner on for an hour to see if some magic fairy's could get it to work - but still no luck.  I can see the difficulty changing and the "getworks" are increasing as well so it appears to be talking to the various pools and receiving work.  It's just not doing any work!

Oh and I tried the freq change just to see...and no it didn't work either.

Any help greatly appreciated!

legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 10, 2014, 02:45:25 AM
How are we managing cleaning up of C1 miners regularly. Just opening it up and vaccum cleaning suffices or more needs to be done.
I am yet to do mine for the first time so any ideas are welcome.

Just brush the radiators a bit if you can see lots of dust accumulating.
Activity: 26
December 10, 2014, 01:57:55 AM
How are we managing cleaning up of C1 miners regularly. Just opening it up and vaccum cleaning suffices or more needs to be done.
I am yet to do mine for the first time so any ideas are welcome.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 10, 2014, 01:02:43 AM
I ordered 1 C1 on 11-26-2014 and now I regret buying it. I have not received it and my order shows Unshipped as of now (12-1-2014). I should have purchased two S3+'s instead. I'd have received them by now. Is it possible to cancel the order, or modify your order to different miners?

I don't know how you think you would have received any miner ordered on Wednesday by today on this planet....not to stick up for bitmain but you order on the 26th so IF it shipped in 48 hours and made it to the Friday cutoff (big IF)....you would have a chance to get it by this Wednesday at the earliest depending what part of the world you are in...but back to your unrealistic expectations and reality....your miner will most likely ship today and you should have it by Thursday depending where you live and customs etc.... as for cancelling or modifying your order....its not possible from my past experiences with the company as its already been processed so wait and enjoy your C1 kit its not just cool...its COOOOL  Tongue Cool
I will say its a lot quieter and easier to manage than 2 x S3 once you get it running

I received my C1 on December 5 and the water cooling kit came on December 8th, so I wasn't able to turn it on until yesterday. Everything works well. Temp is at 40-43 and I am hashing at 1007 Ghs. It's very stable and quiet. I need to order more C1's.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 09, 2014, 11:59:15 PM
hello

i have just recieved 4 C1 's, i installed them and 3 of them work perfectly and are mining as i write this, but i have one machine that did not connect with 192.168.1.99 and so i proceeded to reset , once i reset it connected for seconds yet it had no values,and disconected again  Huh Huh can you please advise me  as soon as possible?Huh what are your recommendations on this???. Cry Cry Cry

Thanks a lot. 

Have you tried using the image in 2nd post on card?  If you are not able to connect to it the image should set it back it default IP.

Assuming you looked at router to see if it is under different IP, and ping it to make sure it's not there that is what i would try.  Please correct me Dogie if you have better idea.

Yeah start with SD card image.

please, wich it is the 2nd post on card?Huh i cant find it.

http://goo.gl/BlhRdE is the image you can use win32diskimager to put it on the micro sd card.
Activity: 11
December 09, 2014, 11:52:02 PM
hello

i have just recieved 4 C1 's, i installed them and 3 of them work perfectly and are mining as i write this, but i have one machine that did not connect with 192.168.1.99 and so i proceeded to reset , once i reset it connected for seconds yet it had no values,and disconected again  Huh Huh can you please advise me  as soon as possible?Huh what are your recommendations on this???. Cry Cry Cry

Thanks a lot. 

Have you tried using the image in 2nd post on card?  If you are not able to connect to it the image should set it back it default IP.

Assuming you looked at router to see if it is under different IP, and ping it to make sure it's not there that is what i would try.  Please correct me Dogie if you have better idea.

please, wich it is the 2nd post on card?Huh i cant find it.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 09, 2014, 11:19:10 PM
hello

Thanks a lot. 

legendary
Activity: 1456
December 09, 2014, 10:44:30 PM
hello

Thanks a lot. 

Activity: 11
December 09, 2014, 10:34:56 PM
hello

Thanks a lot. 
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
December 09, 2014, 08:28:37 PM

Try this image.
http://www.deligny.us/public.php?service=files&t=6f4a4656b948da72128dd9f66f91b4c3
That share will stop working in a few days.

Format the card.
Flash it with Win 32 imager by selecting that image you just downloaded
Insert the SD card carefully into the miner, make notice that all pins make contact with the metal on the SD card.
Try to boot.

Thanks, that worked great as I am now hashing away on the  C1

Now for the S4

Barbara
[/quote]

Glad that worked for you.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
December 09, 2014, 08:28:15 PM
Who is receiving fans with one 3 pin connector attached to 2 fans?
It appears, everyone is.  There's nothing wrong with that, either, as all the fan and pump needs are two wires - one positive and one negative.  The fans and pump run at full-speed and are not throttled so there is absolutely no need for more than two wires.

That's fine, but the fans were damaged. All the plastic brackets that hold the fan in the square were broken.  Bitmain said he wouldn't send me replacements unless I bought another miner since it would cost him to much to just send me two fans. Basically he doesn't want to pay for the cost of doing business as he should be. I don't care what shipping cost. When a customer receives damaged parts, shows hi-res pictures of it, the expectation is to get them replaced without a hassle.

Activity: 26
December 09, 2014, 04:55:45 PM
Hmmm...I've had this C1 running for a few weeks now and had no problems until last night.  When I look at the status page I get this...

http://i61.tinypic.com/2l8e0xx.jpg

I've emailed support but thought I would post here as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

if you haven't tried yet, then give this a shot.
Lower the frequency to 218.xx (might say default) in miner configuration Advanced setting, hit Save & apply, wait on that screen for a minute atleast and then check again.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 09, 2014, 01:10:16 PM
Reseat SD card, then reflash it. Its stuck in limbo at the moment.

Dogie, I took your advice and and have the same result.  No joy.  Everything appears to be OK except it does not hash.  I haven't heard anything from Bitmain yet so I'm pretty much stuck...

December 09, 2014, 11:41:39 AM

Dogie, I took your advice and and have the same result.  No joy.  Everything appears to be OK except it does not hash.  I haven't heard anything from Bitmain yet so I'm pretty much stuck...
legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 09, 2014, 08:05:08 AM
Hmmm...I've had this C1 running for a few weeks now and had no problems until last night.  When I look at the status page I get this...

I've emailed support but thought I would post here as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

December 09, 2014, 07:40:25 AM

Pages:
Jump to: