Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer D3 firmware testing - page 3. (Read 3259 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 07:41:55 PM
what Linux you use?
can you update cgminer to 4.10 version?

I run arch linux
Ill look into updating to 4.10

Cheesy thx d4nntheman

Could you tell me how to make it with firmware?

tar xvf to extract the tar
then use 7z to extract the .SD file
you should get a .cpio file use
Code:
cpio -idv < /tmp/object.cpio
to extract the cpio file
make sure you are root when you extract the cpio file

once its extracted you can replace any files in the firmware like cgminer the web pages ect.

to build the firmware
Code:
find . | cpio -o -H newc > ../Angstrom-antminer_m-eglibc-ipk-v2013.06-beaglebone.rootfs.cpio
cd ..
mkimage -n 'Angstrom-antminer_m-eglibc-ipk-v' -A arm -O linux -T ramdisk -d Angstrom-antminer_m-eglibc-ipk-v2013.06-beaglebone.rootfs.cpio ../initramfs.bin.SD
cd ..
tar czvf Antminer-D3-myversion.tar.gz initramfs.bin.SD runme.sh am335x-boneblack-bitmainer.dtb
make sure the first command is as root as well
copper member
Activity: 3
December 05, 2017, 11:05:08 PM
 Cheesy thx d4nntheman

Could you tell me how to make it with firmware?
Activity: 44
December 05, 2017, 07:37:57 PM
Ultimately I have been testing a firmware replacement for the Antminer D3.
broke my head. Sad
pls, how to compile?

I success cross compile my HelloWorld.c under windows10 for BBB (with arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe (Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.11) 7.2.1 20171011), but I cant compile cgminer prj with make, autoconfig, etc.
Pls, give advice where to go..
I need cut off fan check from cgminer, because I use TD-500/160 fan with 'NE555 fake-fan", I wanna phisicaly remove fake-fan with patching cgminer as well.

ps: I'm not english speaking, sorry for mistakes.

I use Linux for development so i cant help much with windows

but I configure like so
Code:
CC=/home/path/to/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc CCLD=/home/path/to/arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=armv7" ./configure --enable-bitmain-D1 --disable-libcurl --host armv7
then make
and you shoud be good
what Linux you use?
can you update cgminer to 4.10 version?
Activity: 133
Merit: 2
December 05, 2017, 04:08:13 AM
broke my head. Sad
pls, how to compile?

I success cross compile my HelloWorld.c under windows10 for BBB (with arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe (Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.11) 7.2.1 20171011), but I cant compile cgminer prj with make, autoconfig, etc.
I need cut off fan check from cgminer, because I use TD-500/160 fan with 'NE555 fake-fan", I wanna phisicaly remove fake-fan with patching cgminer as well.

but I configure like so
Code:
CC=/home/path/to/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc CCLD=/home/path/to/arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=armv7" ./configure --enable-bitmain-D1 --disable-libcurl --host armv7
then make
and you shoud be good
thank you very much! I use ubuntu too, but set only CC,  not CCLD. and flags is only -O2. go to the beer and try to do as U advice. thanx!

upd: all done.
Code:
login as: root
[email protected]'s password:
root@antMiner:~# ./cgminer1
 [2017-12-05 08:48:14] Started cgminer 4.9.0
 [2017-12-05 08:48:14] Need to specify at least one pool server.                
 [2017-12-05 08:48:14] Pool setup failed
root@antMiner:~#
thanx you very much again!
December 05, 2017, 02:38:52 AM
broke my head. Sad
pls, how to compile?

but I configure like so
Code:
then make
and you shoud be good
Activity: 133
Merit: 2
December 05, 2017, 01:02:58 AM
broke my head. Sad
pls, how to compile?

December 04, 2017, 05:01:55 PM
listed out the changes now for you. Cheesy
its literally just custom voltage and slowing the fans so far
Activity: 44
December 04, 2017, 12:24:18 PM
Hello everyone 1st post so I know I'm not trusted quite yet.

I think I got the basics of a usable firmware built.
I have softened the fans and added voltage control so far.
Unfortunately I do not have a kilowatt meter to test the actual power consumption of the D3.

So I am seeking testers for my firmware to test and get some reports back on the power consumption vs the original FW.
particularity in the 400-500MH and 50-200 MV ranges.

It seems to be running at 4xxMH/50MV pretty well for my miner but again I need empirical data to suggest that.

I know blissd has a great firmware already so this may seem a little redundant. so I'm not sure if anyone will even be interested in mine.

Here is the source code of cgminer.

https://github.com/d4nntheman/cgminer-dash

I still have to upload the actual firmware with changes to GitHub but that can easily be extracted and read.

Here is the complete firmware

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wsuyHwKJvszxSsdgBkfo8MofRqMRkVEL/view?usp=sharing

also a standard I am not responsible for anything this miner causes to hardware, you, feelings, ect...

Hi
I'm ready to test the firmware.
add a description of your changes, the difference between your firmware and the standard one? what are the plans to change the firmware?
December 04, 2017, 12:04:08 AM
Hello everyone 1st post so I know I'm not trusted quite yet.

I think I got the basics of a usable firmware built.
I have softened the fans and added voltage control so far.
Unfortunately I do not have a kilowatt meter to test the actual power consumption of the D3.

So I am seeking testers for my firmware to test and get some reports back on the power consumption vs the original FW.
particularity in the 400-500MH and 50-200 MV ranges.

It seems to be running at 4xxMH/50MV pretty well for my miner but again I need empirical data to suggest that.

I know blissd has a great firmware already so this may seem a little redundant. so I'm not sure if anyone will even be interested in mine.

Here is the source code of cgminer.

https://github.com/d4nntheman/cgminer-dash

I still have to upload the actual firmware with changes to GitHub but that can easily be extracted and read.

Here is the complete firmware

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CXjg2EoBcL6tzCFTIeSG8KMrHVXt5yav

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wsuyHwKJvszxSsdgBkfo8MofRqMRkVEL/view?usp=sharing

also a standard I am not responsible for anything this miner causes to hardware, you, feelings, ect...

Changes
Enabled changing voltage to the board via web interface
slowed the speed of the fan speed increase for more quite fans.

Eventually ill add the ability to change the fan speeds limits MAX_FAN_TEMP and MIN_FAN_TEMP via the web interface

more to come

Update:

added more voltage options
added fan speed adjustment I use 60 for the min fan speed temp and 80 for the fan max speed temp at 412/55
cherry picked some 4.10 cgminer updates
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CXjg2EoBcL6tzCFTIeSG8KMrHVXt5yav
Pages:
Jump to: