Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 36. (Read 137428 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
That's funny, my L3 is working just fine on NiceHash!!  Cheesy

Please, could you tell me your config?

What config, just poolname, username (address.1) and X for the password.  Both units are hashing away at 250 Mh/s
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
See my edited last post if it could help you.

This could be a problem with new L3s but not with the old ones?
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

Please, could you tell me your config?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Have they really gone with the antpool only -path ? That's pretty dirty.

edit:
You could try if there is an older firmware in backup memory and use this method IP Reporter Restore (The miner will automatically revert to factory default firmware).
https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/3957

This pool problem should not exist with older L3 firmware?
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
Bitmain is funny... That's all I have to say about that.   Grin
I got my L3 from Eastshore.xyz one week ago. It is currently mining on antpool.com (around 1.3 LTC/day), but I could not manage to get it working on nicehash. Is anybody doing it?

I tried using

URL :  scrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3333
Worker: [BITCOIN_ADDRESS]
Password: x

and

URL: scrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3333#xnsub

But the miners says the status of the pool is "Dead"...

This is what I got from Nicehash after sending them all the info:

It seems that this Antminer L3 has issues with mining anything but pure Litecoin. Obviously Bitmain did a bad job in implementing the software/firmware of this miner. You might want to contact them and let them now about these issues.

Any help will be appreciated

You are missing ' stratum+tcp:// ' before address. Try to do as follow:

URL: stratum+tcp://scrypt.usa.nicehash.com:3333
or
URL: stratum+tcp://scrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3333

On my first attempt, I did try using "stratum+tcp://", but realized the the miner prefixes it automatically, i.e., when seting the url to "stratum+tcp://...", in the status tab you will see "stratum+tcp://stratum+tcp://...". Anyway, I tried it again and didn´t work. This morning, I got this from Bitmain support:

--------------------------
Hi,

L3 can mine currently only in Antpool. We are checking possibilities about other pools.

L3 can mine only Litecoins.

No other is possible.
--------------------------
Activity: 29
I got my L3 from Eastshore.xyz one week ago. It is currently mining on antpool.com (around 1.3 LTC/day), but I could not manage to get it working on nicehash. Is anybody doing it?

I tried using

URL :  scrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3333

and

It seems that this Antminer L3 has issues with mining anything but pure Litecoin. Obviously Bitmain did a bad job in implementing the software/firmware of this miner. You might want to contact them and let them now about these issues.

You are missing ' stratum+tcp:// ' before address. Try to do as follow:

URL: stratum+tcp://scrypt.usa.nicehash.com:3333
or
URL: stratum+tcp://scrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3333
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Overall I'm happy for now about my L3, in particular that it's batch 1. After more than one month of mining on NiceHash by my L3 it dropped one time one board, so I restarted it once a week with the hope it will help prevent dropping board. Now after 10 days I'm going to wait for how long my L3 would works without dropping board. I watch and I will let you know about my result.
Screen shot after 10 days.

Which was your configuration for USL/Worker/Password? I could not manage to conect it to nicehash!

TRy minning some solo coins. LIke GAME or what else most profitable on hash-to-coins.com
Overall I'm happy for now about my L3, in particular that it's batch 1. After more than one month of mining on NiceHash by my L3 it dropped one time one board, so I restarted it once a week with the hope it will help prevent dropping board. Now after 10 days I'm going to wait for how long my L3 would works without dropping board. I watch and I will let you know about my result.
Screen shot after 10 days.
https://images82.fotosik.pl/405/92d697ca97a3dfd1.jpg

Which was your configuration for USL/Worker/Password? I could not manage to conect it to nicehash!

I tried using

URL :  scrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3333

and

Activity: 628
Merit: 504
Would you say it's a good idea to purchase one from Eastshore.xyz (will be shipped 10th april so mining on the 15th the latest) for 1800usd ?

I did the calculations and saw 10 months ROI using Nicehash and no power cost, that doesn't seem so good but seeing he stability of ltc difficulty it could be a good long time placement.

Are there any information available on mass production of these units anytime soon ?

Cheers,
Q.
Activity: 105
Lol LTC has no future. Just pump and dump coin now. Even though it's quite stable against FIAT currencies. Would support changing algo of LTC to GPU minning. But that would mean all these chinese Mofo's will just jump on next scrypt coin. Like GAME. For me it's better that they sit on LTC and be happy to mine it at low profits and not mess other scypt coins.
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
Scrypt asic miners are blocking litecoin development, I hope they ASAP change their mind about litecoin future and not use it as genuine pig to promote BU in bitcoin and killing litecoin in the process

I hope wee gather support to fork LTC back to GPU miners if they continue to hamper LTC future:
https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/60v2mr/decentralize_ltc_mining_switch_to_gpu_pow/

and if you are asic owner switch to segwit pool, show support for LTC or mine doge next
Activity: 40
Mine works fine, almost 15 days straight. Knock on wood.

I guess its just one of does things. Where did you buy yours from?

Activity: 337
Merit: 250
Mine works fine, almost 15 days straight. Knock on wood.
Activity: 79
Doubtful itaht it's just bad batch for chinese. It just continues Bitmain's good traditions with S9/R4/T9 all brfeaking down like flies. Would really suggest avoding anything from Bitmain.
Activity: 387
Merit: 254
So i was talkin to my asian friend (came here about a year ago) and we were talking about the quality over quantity issue with the majority of products coming from china and she told me chinese companies sell even cheaper made products to their own people! She said the cheap knockoff stuff you find on ebay and other websites is considered great quality compared to the stuff people sell in random shops and on carts in markets over there. Its a big issue from what she told me :/.

I really wanted a buy a ton of these l3's to fill up a third location i plan to rent out but bitmain doesnt have them listed for sale and when they were listed they were only available to people in china directly...then i thought about what my asian lady friend said and it kinda clicked. Maybe the reason they were sold there first is because they r worried about quality and were unsure how long they will last before dying on customers and knew selling to customers in china is alot less risky than sellin to hot headed amerrrcans like me and many others interested in these machines. That made me want to hold off until the next version comes out because i have heard some bad stuff about these l3's so far and while someone did get theirs replaced (the guy posting above) others werent so lucky from what i hear. Again i dont own any l3's and was wanting a bunch of them so im going nased on hearsay not based on personal experience and this is an opinion not facts i can prove or back up...i just wanna make that clear so i dont get my dick ripped off by hardcore supporters lolol.

I run knc titans as my script/alt coin miners so of course the l3's look great to me on the outside. I dont have one to play around with and test so i cant say how reliable they are with fan speeds and temps but it would be nice to have more hands on reviews that are positive and it would be nice if they didnt have so many paid reviews of their hardware...it makes finding legit opinions very hard lol.
Activity: 105
Thanx for posts Longsnowsm. really wish you luck getting miners fixed fast and efficiently. Now all luvers L3 will stay quiet and A4 really looks better buy.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
The latest update is that I have confirmed it is either a bad controller or the IO board with the down miner.  I did a swap of the controller/io board with another miner and it came back online and is hashing fine.  I did the dance with email between Bitmain and Eastshore.  I am going to send both back to Eastshore to have them swap it with Bitmain.  Eastshore has decided to let me send them just the board and not require the whole miner this time.  So I will be sending the controller/IO board directly to them and let them sort out the warranty with Bitmain.

On another note I wanted to give a shout out to Deep In The Mines here on the forum.  He has offered to help me get this board sent back to Eastshore at their discounted shipping rate.  Thank you for helping to support the community!  

vinylwasp I certainly know what you mean.  After dealing with the challenges with Inno on the A4's to jump from the frying pan into the fire with the L3's has been a tough series of battles.  At least the Inno hardware after getting flashed to B3 has been stable.  I know there are a few other issues that sound like will be addressed in software, but at least you are not worrying about failed hardware and down miners with the A4's.  Bitmain's hardware seriously is messed up at this point.  I seriously doubt there is any way I will be able to recoup the costs of the down miners, shipping, repairs etc on top of the initial investment in the L3's at this point.  It is all fun and mining profits until there is a hardware issue...    

Pages:
Jump to: