Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 38. (Read 137428 times)

Activity: 337
Merit: 250
IS there a site cheaper by chance? really interested in this.

Read the last 3-4 pages of this thread carefully and then think it through before you leap in.
Bitmain L3 = efficiency + profit but patchy reliability (as with all Bitmain miners - see S9 + R4 subs)

Inno A4's are 100% rock solid, but less efficient as of today. Very soon there's a going to be a new software release coming that will reportedly improve that efficiency 20-25%, so when you factor in 1 board per L3 failing in 6 months, the cost of shipping it back, plus a month of lost mining, and all the work/heartache involved, I know which miners l'd prefer to own.

Disclosure: I have quite a few A4's which hum along for weeks and weeks without me ever touching them, some have been running for 2-3 months now. They occasionally reboot themselves due to the 'get-work' bug but other than that they run like clockwork. And Inno are very responsive and accommodating if you do have problems.

Buying a miner is a long term commitment, it may ROI in a year but how long will it take to return more profit than buy and hold? 3 years? That's a long time to keep something running if it's not 100% reliable.

True, but we still dont know enough about L3's reliability. I think it takes more users and longer periods to declare this or that.
PS - which scrypt coin are you mining? Or are you renting the hash power?
Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Read the last 3-4 pages of this thread carefully and then think it through before you leap in.
Bitmain L3 = efficiency + profit but patchy reliability (as with all Bitmain miners - see S9 + R4 subs)

Inno A4's are 100% rock solid, but less efficient as of today. Very soon there's a going to be a new software release coming that will reportedly improve that efficiency 20-25%, so when you factor in 1 board per L3 failing in 6 months, the cost of shipping it back, plus a month of lost mining, and all the work/heartache involved, I know which miners l'd prefer to own.

Disclosure: I have quite a few A4's which hum along for weeks and weeks without me ever touching them, some have been running for 2-3 months now. They occasionally reboot themselves due to the 'get-work' bug but other than that they run like clockwork. And Inno are very responsive and accommodating if you do have problems.

Buying a miner is a long term commitment, it may ROI in a year but how long will it take to return more profit than buy and hold? 3 years? That's a long time to keep something running if it's not 100% reliable.

The prices on alibaba doesn't even make any sense for the l3 plus? 10k when you can buy two antminer l3's for less 4k :/ and how come bitmain are not selling them on there site? ive messaged eastshore to see if they will be getting some anytime soon. will keep the post updated

Those prices are great if you're the reseller and can find suckers ready to pay that price.
Even though they're selling all thier ASIC miners at exorbitant prices, it doesn't mean they're doing anything wrong though.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Damn there is already a second version coming and I have still not seen anything for sale at Bitmain.com  Grin

If you have $10k USD you can buy now on AliBaba https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/ANTMINER-L3-LTC-miner-504M-newest-scrypt-miner-Litecoin-mining-machine-504M-800W-on-wall-bettiner/227686_32797189350.html?spm=2114.12010611.0.0.Lyf0KJ, though the original article on CYBTC has a feedback section at the bottom where someones suggested 20K CNY and the author's responded that that's the likely top end.

Gotta admire the opportunist spirit some of the Alibaba resellers have. Personally, I've had very good experiences buying directly from large manufacturers on Alibaba, but there's definitely some sharks in the pool.

The prices on alibaba doesn't even make any sense for the l3 plus? 10k when you can buy two antminer l3's for less 4k :/ and how come bitmain are not selling them on there site? ive messaged eastshore to see if they will be getting some anytime soon. will keep the post updated

damn. sorry to hear about your troubles... my l3 still works fine (knock on wood).
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
I am now getting jerked around by Eastshore.  They tell me I have to send the entire miner back even after I have already confirmed and received instructions from Bitmain that I can send just the bad board back.  Bitmain however will not let me send it to them because I didn't buy it through them. 

I can only guess that I am going to get jerked around some more as the miner will run for a period of time with the bad board until "it won't" and then starts dropping boards.  I am starting to get a little "upset" with this nonsense.  After spending weeks to diagnose what is going on with this miner and isolate the problem so that I can return the bad board I now have to return the entire miner.

I am more than just a little upset at this point.  I would have just sent the entire thing off weeks ago and not wasted my time.  And why would the Bitmain support send me to the Chinese support team and have them tell me what they wanted and the how to return the specific board if they wanted the entire miner?  This is a bunch of BS.  Eastshore technical support is not even bothering to check with Bitmain and are assuming this is the same as the R4/T9/S9 miners when they clearly told me it is not. 

I have offered to send the email thread showing the instructions provided by Quentin at Bitmain for this if it will help clarify the process.  Otherwise I get pack up this miner tomorrow and ship it off.   At this point it looks like Eastshore does not know what they are doing given I just spent all this time with Bitmain to sort this out.  So I would say avoid buying from anyone other than Bitmain directly unless you want to get jerked around even more than Bitmain already jerks us around.  Angry 
Activity: 105
Imagine your joy when you buy 3k$ miner and it arrives with dead boards. Gona be so lol for buyers.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I haven't tested this miner but I think it is good with it's price and by the way it's bitmain. One great side of this miner is that on market there was already baikal miner, dash miner and some etc things, also despite that fact people were using gpus. Now that means that leading miners seller, bitmain is going to come here, in altcoin section and I think we with that passed way, we will get great competition.

for sure but don't rule out GPU miners they will still be used count on that at one point they seemed dead but not any more ...even CPU's to some extent i don't CPU mine  but they  are good to use, i would rather use ASIC MINER'S but hey it's all fun and works !!!!

My plan is to buy one or two L3's soon, i just bought a A4 136 MH batch 3  for 799 with a controller, due here Wednesday according to ups tracking, total cost with shipping was 863 way less then any  place, i found selling them .. I was able to buy the A4 and two more GPU and have been buying a about one GPU per month for the last 7 or so month and not stopping till i have 4 full GPUS rigs of 4 to 6 , my farm is building slowly ..

o yea bought two of the 2400 watts PSU http://www.ebay.com/itm/252701978823?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT going for 44 bucks off ebay they are pretty awesome no noise from the fans yet all i hear is the fans of my miners ... they came brand new gonna get two more soon ...and get ride of all the used server PSU i have, i won't need them with these PSU's.

Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
I haven't tested this miner but I think it is good with it's price and by the way it's bitmain. One great side of this miner is that on market there was already baikal miner, dash miner and some etc things, also despite that fact people were using gpus. Now that means that leading miners seller, bitmain is going to come here, in altcoin section and I think we with that passed way, we will get great competition.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Well the price for L3 was already high as hell, so I have no high expectations (or should I say low  Grin ) for the L3+.
Damn there is already a second version coming and I have still not seen anything for sale at Bitmain.com  Grin

If you have $10k USD you can buy now on AliBaba https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/ANTMINER-L3-LTC-miner-504M-newest-scrypt-miner-Litecoin-mining-machine-504M-800W-on-wall-bettiner/227686_32797189350.html?spm=2114.12010611.0.0.Lyf0KJ, though the original article on CYBTC has a feedback section at the bottom where someones suggested 20K CNY and the author's responded that that's the likely top end.

Gotta admire the opportunist spirit some of the Alibaba resellers have. Personally, I've had very good experiences buying directly from large manufacturers on Alibaba, but there's definitely some sharks in the pool.

I wonder how long it will be before we see a huge spike in X11 network hashrate?
Then some time later, when there's just enough profit left for idiots like us to pay retail, we'll see an Antminer X3 model released (implying they've been mining with X1 and X2 versions).

It's a business model that's working out very well for Bitmain, so why would they change it?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
Damn there is already a second version coming and I have still not seen anything for sale at Bitmain.com  Grin
They always put Western companies and people last in priority, I doubt these things will ever be listed on Bitmain. It's a shame, by that's the truth. Hopefully they actually did something to make it more reliable. Dual fans is nice but I hope it isn't too loud.

EDIT - JDH1238B are the fans used in the S3, could be quiet like an S3 Smiley (cybtc article took pics of fans)
legendary
Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Article can be found below. Most likely they just added more chips and didn't solve any of the current issues the regular L3 has.

http://www.cybtc.com/article-2561-1.html
Guys, I'm powering my L3 with PC PSU, because I sleep relatively close to the miner,
and Bitmain PSU is too loud for that, so I'm selling my PSU, it's been in use for barely 24 hours,
so brand new.

If anyone is interested, please PM me.

thanks!
You could have better results selling it at the computer hardware section of this forum.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

Thanks,
I was just about to post it there too.

legendary
Guys, I'm powering my L3 with PC PSU, because I sleep relatively close to the miner,
and Bitmain PSU is too loud for that, so I'm selling my PSU, it's been in use for barely 24 hours,
so brand new.

thanks!
You could have better results selling it at the computer hardware section of this forum.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0
so brand new.

thanks!
Activity: 105
L3+ is highly doubtful at least at 2x price point. If it would just a bit more expensive then yes it could work. Otherwise Scrypt market is oversaturated and buyers are not willing to pay 2k$ for 250-280Mhash miners.
Pages:
Jump to: