Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3+ Blissz firmware (14/01/2018 v1.02 stable) - page 8. (Read 11940 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

The fan speed is still not 6600, it is 4100 on 100%.
Setting pool groups resets the dev pool list no more. The only remaining issue is fan RPM issue. Again, IDK if it is real.

Thanks for the update on the pool groups. I checked the code and the displayed fan RPM is limited to 4100... Nothing to worry about, but I will remove this in the next version.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
Because of PM limit per hour posting here.
Fan RPM is also broken: on stock firmware 100% fan is 6600 RPM, while on your FW I get 3600. IDK if this is real value, but nevertheless, I'm concerned about this issue.

Also I repeat an issue about devpools: using Pool Groups for Profit Switching in Awesome Miner leads to removing of the pools in cgminer, therefore cgminer restores pool list after about 5 mins and removes my Profit Switching.
Can't reply you in PM: I'm using it on L3+.
Because of PM limit per hour posting here.
Fan RPM is also broken: on stock firmware 100% fan is 6600 RPM, while on your FW I get 3600. IDK if this is real value, but nevertheless, I'm concerned about this issue.

Also I repeat an issue about devpools: using Pool Groups for Profit Switching in Awesome Miner leads to removing of the pools in cgminer, therefore cgminer restores pool list after about 5 mins and removes my Profit Switching.
Can't reply you in PM: I'm using it on L3+.

Thanks for the info! I am not yet familiar with pool groups, but can you try the pool groups on the version I just posted? Thanks!
v0.02 :: 05/01/2018 :: L3+ BETA recommended update

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!a9QzSaaQ!Mz3lB3Kh7CZsrWWMl2qtUhLIfqJWpCbS-zddLBWVdOg

v0.02 L3+ version 05/01/2018:
- awesome miner support / other API tools now compatible
- fixed frequency ranges in advanced miner page
Activity: 48
@blissz not sure if you know this already or not but if your pools arent reachable during the switchover the unit reboots.
More than worth it IMO.

Especially with being able to clock it like crazy up or down.
I have actually just set it back to 13 v - to see what kind of clocks I could play up to, and got somewhere in the ballpark of 680 stable(ish).
I know its silly, but since then Ive been pushing up from 13 just to see what level it will spit HWs at me - and its so friggin high its obscene. Obviously not good for the machine, but interesting to know for sure.

Yeah undervolting is really useful to tame the beast for the people that run these units in their houses, but I am also curious how far it can  be overclocked with a bit more voltage Tongue I will play around with one of the chains first to see how it goes.
Edit: 680 MH/s is really nice, can you share your settings?
Activity: 166
Merit: 16
woo hoo! anyway gonna sleep then try this out later.
Activity: 84
Wondering if their is also Blissz firmware to allow all those D3's out there to mine other x algos without being locked to x11. This firmware does seem pretty awesome, an I will be testing it out on the L3+'s coming inbound.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
Thanks for the firmware - before I load in on my rigs, how is the mining fee handled so I know what to expect? Any chance I can just pay up front and not have my mining interrupted? I rent my rigs and if the rigs change pools it will interrupt renting.

Thanks!

It's yet the same as on the D3's: 5 minutes after startup it will mine 1 minute and 50 seconds and then 2 hours on your configured pool. After those 2 hours, 1 min 50 on the dev pool again etc...
Regarding the rental: just indicate you have 1,5% less hashrate then calculated and it will be fine as your rigs will always be rented for a longer period...
Probably this firmware will allow you to save quite some energy (upto 20%) or allow you to overclock 5 to 10 percent more.
Will the ASIC reboot before your 1.5 minutes of mining and than reboot for my 2 hours? Thank you for the answer. I have no experience with your soft.
No it simply swaps pools and then swaps back over
EEM
Activity: 194
Merit: 32
Thanks for the firmware - before I load in on my rigs, how is the mining fee handled so I know what to expect? Any chance I can just pay up front and not have my mining interrupted? I rent my rigs and if the rigs change pools it will interrupt renting.

Thanks!

It's yet the same as on the D3's: 5 minutes after startup it will mine 1 minute and 50 seconds and then 2 hours on your configured pool. After those 2 hours, 1 min 50 on the dev pool again etc...
Regarding the rental: just indicate you have 1,5% less hashrate then calculated and it will be fine as your rigs will always be rented for a longer period...
Probably this firmware will allow you to save quite some energy (upto 20%) or allow you to overclock 5 to 10 percent more.
Will the ASIC reboot before your 1.5 minutes of mining and than reboot for my 2 hours? Thank you for the answer. I have no experience with your soft.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102

Thanks!

More than worth it IMO.

Especially with being able to clock it like crazy up or down.
I have actually just set it back to 13 v - to see what kind of clocks I could play up to, and got somewhere in the ballpark of 680 stable(ish).
I know its silly, but since then Ive been pushing up from 13 just to see what level it will spit HWs at me - and its so friggin high its obscene. Obviously not good for the machine, but interesting to know for sure.
yes because it was blank , i dont have those logs now

with 384 Mhz and lowest asic i think consumation is less about 30~35w per board.

Sounds good! That means this saves 130 - 145 watts for 4 boards. Thanks for the input. I will experiment with some overclocking / overvolting tonight  Cool
Activity: 348
Merit: 119
yes because it was blank , i dont have those logs now

with 384 Mhz and lowest asic i think consumation is less about 30w~ per board.

see that on logs , dont know if it s normal , can someone check to confirm ?

Code:
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq1: '_ant_reboot_switch_asic=false' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq2: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq3: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq4: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage: '_ant_reboot_switch=false' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage1: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage2: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage3: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage4: '' is not a number

Hey, nice news , thanks to warn me about it
will test Smiley

Thank, let me know how it works! You're still on 3 chains by the way? Or got that broken chain working again?

yes still 0x0 for my 3rd board , try all chain and lot of flash , all cable etc ...

Change some of your settings so it will save a valid config. Let me know if it works
see that on logs , dont know if it s normal , can someone check to confirm ?

Code:
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq1: '_ant_reboot_switch_asic=false' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq2: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq3: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq4: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage: '_ant_reboot_switch=false' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage1: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage2: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage3: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage4: '' is not a number

will test Smiley

Thank, let me know how it works! You're still on 3 chains by the way? Or got that broken chain working again?

yes still 0x0 for my 3rd board , try all chain and lot of flash , all cable etc ...

Thanks!

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Thanks!
will test Smiley

will test Smiley

got wattmeter but only 3 boards working , so may be not precise result
Welp - I was able to get 510 MHs on 394Mhz on the lowest setting - sadly it looks like my OG killawatt comitted sepuku and I cant get a reading for ya though - I figured I would at least report back that it does indeed work and no issues as far as I can tell!
Im about to flash it again on the 2nd machine I have. Ill report back with any progress.
I love the silent mode - definitely a must have for apartment living.
Does the addition of awesomeminer increase hash? Just curious as Ive had splendid success with the D3 version!
I followed your suggestion, its in the living room =D

Ok probably someone else will have a wattmeter to do some measurements. But good to hear it works well for you!
Pages:
Jump to: