Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 203. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 381
Merit: 251
If BTC goes a little more up and the price of S5 does not go up with it, it will be all good. We will wait and see.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
OK, so you put off your buying and now BTC has experienced a fillip and all of the sudden bitmain are greedy?
When BTC was falling, everyone with a keyboard was shouting at bitmain to tag their BTC price to USD so they could buy in fiat, and also asked for fiat outlets e.g Amazon et al, to which they obliged. They went further and offered a 15% discount for a period after setting up the fiat channels.
Still some jombas put off their buying decision. Now the discount is gone, BTC is rising against USD ..... you only have yourselves to blame!
But all we have in this thread now is mourning and whining .... guys, what do you really want? You want to see bitmain go bust?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
vote with your money - don't buy until they reduce it back.

btw maybe someone will make SP20 groupbuy?

I  just did that and bought 3xSP20   Order 4400

Cheaper than 3x  Antminer S5 
3.954 BTC versus 4.169BTC
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Are we there yet?
Ok.... I'm speechless.... removing a discount is valid... but price increase due to rising price of BTC... now that is just wrong....
Activity: 46
Merit: 4
just letting people know, Zoomhash still has the s5's selling at $325 with cc, paypal and bitcoin as a payment option. will prob change fast but thought I'd let yah know. I don't work for them, just noticed they are the cheapest I've found right now
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Wow Sad Took less than 48 hours for them to raise their prices from $341 to $370 Sad

I hate it when my gut is right in situations like this Sad

Very disappointing to see this sort of transparently greedy behavior from Bitmain.
Activity: 313
Merit: 258

For some reason this thought does not register, but it is a bit silly to immediately adjust the dollar price to any movement in BTC/$ ratio.
Why not price it in BTC, then?

Agreed.  That was the original thought process behind these bitcoin companies.  It used to be fun thinking you were getting a deal because the price was set in bitcoin, and $/btc went higher.  Hard the believe the companies that gain the most from bitcoin won't use it as the currency.
If only they could buy parts in BTC and pay their employees in BTC (and not just BTC equivalent to yuan or USD). The problem is that they have to pay their bills in fiat.

Thats not the problem, since it is the price in dollars they are increasing, first they remove the discount, and today after the discount was removed price was increased for a second time in just a few days.
At current price the sp20 is a much better choice, it is a cheaper product.
after shipping for 3, each costs:
sp20 $400 1.7 GH/s
s5     $410 1.15 GH/s

My guess is that greed has taken over, since at their low price they were still making a huge profit, as proof of that I will point out as spoondolies releases new tech at lower prices eventually bitmain will have to lower their prices below their low price that they had a few days ago.

what I think is happening they probably figure they can make more by mining themselves since the btc price went up, well for us it is a good thing we have a choice, since the sp20 has not gone up in price it makes it a better choice for us.

it is all in the business strategy used by each company:
bitmain sees that as an opportunity for them to mine and do not care about lost sales since the probably feel mining is better for them at current prices, if I am correct at a latter time we will see a lot of used s5 from them at a lower price, when they decide it is better for them to sell instead of mine. maybe bitmain is gambling that the sp20 will sell out and the only choice will be the s5, or maybe the know something we do not know, but increasing the price does not make much sense if the s5 is expected to be sold.

spoondolies probably sees this as a good opportunity to make money by selling their hardware and as long as bitmain continoues to increase the prices the sp20 sales will keep increasing.

it is sad because competition is a good thing, but in this case we will be left out with the sp20 as the only choice since one of the reasons we buy a miner is to make ROI.

Lets hope bitmain does not become the new knc or bfl, if they do someone will take their place, just like knc   or bfl is now irrelevant and most miners will never buy a product from them.

I will not be buying used mining hardware from the hardware vendors directly, because it only helps mining hardware companies compete against us the small miners in mining.

I was planning on buying some mining hardware for sometime in march, I guess I wont have a choice, it will most likely be the sp20 unless something better is released by then.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Bitmain are real scumbags they just raised the price to $370 as of this post. The can go ram it up the furthest part of there ass fuck you BITMAIN !

Well the S5's are 1.22 BTC ATM,if I remember correctly they were 1.20 BTC earlier.I think they just revise the dollar amount somehow  Roll Eyes

Edit:Duh,BTC is rising,I forgot to check that  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

Activity: 392
Bitmain are real scumbags they just raised the price to $370 as of this post. The can go ram it up the furthest part of there ass fuck you BITMAIN !

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

For some reason this thought does not register, but it is a bit silly to immediately adjust the dollar price to any movement in BTC/$ ratio.

Agreed.  That was the original thought process behind these bitcoin companies.  It used to be fun thinking you were getting a deal because the price was set in bitcoin, and $/btc went higher.  Hard the believe the companies that gain the most from bitcoin won't use it as the currency.
If only they could buy parts in BTC and pay their employees in BTC (and not just BTC equivalent to yuan or USD). The problem is that they have to pay their bills in fiat.
Activity: 440
bitmain again increased the price of S5.
maybe they should price them in BTC if thay want to track BTC price ?

Was thinking the same thing. Was waiting for BTC to go up before ordering and I guess it didn't matter.

They need to bring back that 15% discount
vote with your money - don't buy until they reduce it back.

btw maybe someone will make SP20 groupbuy?

Was going to pick up a few more with the cupons.  I will hold off. 

The forum went down and bitcoin.info went down so i waited. oh well.
Seems we are all in the same boat. But I agree to vote with your money... if I don't buy another its not the end of the world for me.

Whats the point? New gen stuff in a few months anyway. the move to increase price just made up my mind to hold till next gen.  Thanks Bitmain you made my wife a happy Lady. 
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
It would take something big to get me to give my money to BITMAIN when they raise the price on existing tech.
Well, someone must be buying them, demand?
Or does he know people will pay whatever price hangs?

Increase price, wrong direction for my money.
Activity: 392

Agreed.  That was the original thought process behind these bitcoin companies.  It used to be fun thinking you were getting a deal because the price was set in bitcoin, and $/btc went higher.  Hard the believe the companies that gain the most from bitcoin won't use it as the currency.

I am wondering if Bitmain has the price of the miner tied to BTC AND difficulty as well. With difficulty going back down and BTC going up, the life span of profitability has been extended  so they feel the miner is worth more?  

Of coarse there in it only to fill the greedy pockets!!!! Remember there is two sides to the coin or should I say BITCOIN!!

Another thing they raise the price faster than what they drop it!!!

ZiG
Activity: 406

Agreed.  That was the original thought process behind these bitcoin companies.  It used to be fun thinking you were getting a deal because the price was set in bitcoin, and $/btc went higher.  Hard the believe the companies that gain the most from bitcoin won't use it as the currency.

I am wondering if Bitmain has the price of the miner tied to BTC AND difficulty as well. With difficulty going back down and BTC going up, the life span of profitability has been extended  so they feel the miner is worth more?  

No...they feel that they could take more PROFIT at the current BTC rise...from their customers... Wink

ZiG
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Seems we are all in the same boat. But I agree to vote with your money... if I don't buy another its not the end of the world for me.
BTC price heading into better territories. Anyone want to make any bets Bitmain raises the USD price on the S5's again in the next 48 hours ?  Undecided
To be fair, they didn't raise the prices. They removed the discount, though I have to say I wish they added more discount instead of removing them.
Very fair point. However, by removing the discount, they are effectively disincentivising purchases at this time.

legendary
Christian Antkow
BTC price heading into better territories. Anyone want to make any bets Bitmain raises the USD price on the S5's again in the next 48 hours ?  Undecided
To be fair, they didn't raise the prices. They removed the discount, though I have to say I wish they added more discount instead of removing them.
Very fair point. However, by removing the discount, they are effectively disincentivising purchases at this time.
Activity: 248
Are we there yet?

Edit: Will definitely make buying much easier with more discounts especially with the price swing. No idea whether it's going up or down...
legendary
Christian Antkow

BTC price heading into better territories. Anyone want to make any bets Bitmain raises the USD price on the S5's again in the next 48 hours ?  Undecided
Jump to: