Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S6 speculation - page 4. (Read 19201 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
April 27, 2015, 04:36:48 PM
When are they releasing S6 and S7? we need bigger hash rate and compact to reduce the shipment charges per Gh/s

Not that sure it is happening until the late summer Sept 10th at the least.

Good, my gear should ROI around late summer  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
April 25, 2015, 09:14:24 AM
When are they releasing S6 and S7? we need bigger hash rate and compact to reduce the shipment charges per Gh/s

Not that sure it is happening until the late summer Sept 10th at the least.
Activity: 481
Merit: 250
April 25, 2015, 08:47:57 AM
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
April 24, 2015, 12:46:19 PM
Looks like this thread need to do a 90 day vacation  maybe a 150 day vacation since s-6's will not show up sooner then summertime. Or early fall.

I would agree with it could be a while.  I still think btc being so low has something to do with it, companies have to do R+D smarter not faster.

I think for a little bit our options are S4+ or S5.  Which is a interesting mix.   I was surprised with the 220, I see this as good for future releases showing Bitmain is not scared to go up to 220.

I'm also happy to see Bitmain not being too concerned about telling those who are serious with mining to move to 205 to 240 range.  I do like the capability to still use rigs at 120 during the winter.  This means I can move a rig to a bedroom or living room that needs heat without concern of having a 205 to 240 volt receptacle.

yeah home miners will need to up their game by having 1 or more 240 volt  receptacles.

I now have a 30 amp and a 20 amp circuit .  These were 120 volt dedicated receptacles for subwoofer amps that I installed in my home 17 years ago.  I now  did a very simple switchover and made them 240 volts.

Of course they are not in the best spots of my home but I will get around that in due time.  For now with the hot weather approaching I will keep mining low.

Sounds like a plan.

I did have six 20 amp/120 volt circuits at one time.  I switched everything over to five 30 amp/240 volt circuits with PDU's.  I doubled my available watts by doing this.  Everyone else should do it as well if possible.

I think I was the one who pointed you in the 240v/PDU direction. Smiley Looks like you took it and RAN LOL. Love your setup.

And I appreciate you doing so, Sir!!!  THUMBS UP!!!

Your assistance and knowledge played a large role in helping me get my setup to where it is at the moment.  Thank you for taking the time to provide mining knowledge!

Kind regards,

David

Glad I could help, especially seeing what your project has evolved into!  Cheesy

Thank you, Sir.

Although, it's kind of a shame it will all be torn down in a few months when I move to Washington State.  It has been quite a learning experience.  This also gave me an opportunity to learn about dealing with the heat, ventilation, networking, etc...  It has been a lot of fun thus far.  I still have a lot to learn.  Especially, when I take this to a much larger scale in Washington State.

I was thinking about moving out to Washington State in June.  I was approximately 80% sure I was moving out there in June due to this Jade Helm 15 thing.  Now, it has reduced to 20% chance of going in June and 80% chance of going between August and October.  I'm about 95% sure I'm moving to Washington State regardless.  It's just a matter of "when."

If you have not heard about "Jade Helm 15," this is the video I recommend you listen to in its entirety:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4kaNjvRxIw&feature=share
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2015, 12:31:53 PM
Looks like this thread need to do a 90 day vacation  maybe a 150 day vacation since s-6's will not show up sooner then summertime. Or early fall.

I would agree with it could be a while.  I still think btc being so low has something to do with it, companies have to do R+D smarter not faster.

I think for a little bit our options are S4+ or S5.  Which is a interesting mix.   I was surprised with the 220, I see this as good for future releases showing Bitmain is not scared to go up to 220.

I'm also happy to see Bitmain not being too concerned about telling those who are serious with mining to move to 205 to 240 range.  I do like the capability to still use rigs at 120 during the winter.  This means I can move a rig to a bedroom or living room that needs heat without concern of having a 205 to 240 volt receptacle.

yeah home miners will need to up their game by having 1 or more 240 volt  receptacles.

I now have a 30 amp and a 20 amp circuit .  These were 120 volt dedicated receptacles for subwoofer amps that I installed in my home 17 years ago.  I now  did a very simple switchover and made them 240 volts.

Of course they are not in the best spots of my home but I will get around that in due time.  For now with the hot weather approaching I will keep mining low.

Sounds like a plan.

I did have six 20 amp/120 volt circuits at one time.  I switched everything over to five 30 amp/240 volt circuits with PDU's.  I doubled my available watts by doing this.  Everyone else should do it as well if possible.

I think I was the one who pointed you in the 240v/PDU direction. Smiley Looks like you took it and RAN LOL. Love your setup.

And I appreciate you doing so, Sir!!!  THUMBS UP!!!

Your assistance and knowledge played a large role in helping me get my setup to where it is at the moment.  Thank you for taking the time to provide mining knowledge!

Kind regards,

David

Glad I could help, especially seeing what your project has evolved into!  Cheesy
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
April 24, 2015, 11:53:15 AM

Sounds like a plan.

And I appreciate you doing so, Sir!!!  THUMBS UP!!!

Your assistance and knowledge played a large role in helping me get my setup to where it is at the moment.  Thank you for taking the time to provide mining knowledge!

Kind regards,

David
legendary
Activity: 1596
April 23, 2015, 12:33:30 AM
Looks like this thread need to do a 90 day vacation  maybe a 150 day vacation since s-6's will not show up sooner then summertime. Or early fall.

I would agree with it could be a while.  I still think btc being so low has something to do with it, companies have to do R+D smarter not faster.

I think for a little bit our options are S4+ or S5.  Which is a interesting mix.   I was surprised with the 220, I see this as good for future releases showing Bitmain is not scared to go up to 220.

I'm also happy to see Bitmain not being too concerned about telling those who are serious with mining to move to 205 to 240 range.  I do like the capability to still use rigs at 120 during the winter.  This means I can move a rig to a bedroom or living room that needs heat without concern of having a 205 to 240 volt receptacle.

yeah home miners will need to up their game by having 1 or more 240 volt  receptacles.

I now have a 30 amp and a 20 amp circuit .  These were 120 volt dedicated receptacles for subwoofer amps that I installed in my home 17 years ago.  I now  did a very simple switchover and made them 240 volts.

Of course they are not in the best spots of my home but I will get around that in due time.  For now with the hot weather approaching I will keep mining low.

Sounds like a plan.

I did have six 20 amp/120 volt circuits at one time.  I switched everything over to five 30 amp/240 volt circuits with PDU's.  I doubled my available watts by doing this.  Everyone else should do it as well if possible.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
April 22, 2015, 01:39:45 PM
Looks like this thread need to do a 90 day vacation  maybe a 150 day vacation since s-6's will not show up sooner then summertime. Or early fall.

I would agree with it could be a while.  I still think btc being so low has something to do with it, companies have to do R+D smarter not faster.

I think for a little bit our options are S4+ or S5.  Which is a interesting mix.   I was surprised with the 220, I see this as good for future releases showing Bitmain is not scared to go up to 220.

I'm also happy to see Bitmain not being too concerned about telling those who are serious with mining to move to 205 to 240 range.  I do like the capability to still use rigs at 120 during the winter.  This means I can move a rig to a bedroom or living room that needs heat without concern of having a 205 to 240 volt receptacle.

yeah home miners will need to up their game by having 1 or more 240 volt  receptacles.

I now have a 30 amp and a 20 amp circuit .  These were 120 volt dedicated receptacles for subwoofer amps that I installed in my home 17 years ago.  I now  did a very simple switchover and made them 240 volts.

Of course they are not in the best spots of my home but I will get around that in due time.  For now with the hot weather approaching I will keep mining low.

Sounds like a plan.

I did have six 20 amp/120 volt circuits at one time.  I switched everything over to five 30 amp/240 volt circuits with PDU's.  I doubled my available watts by doing this.  Everyone else should do it as well if possible.
legendary
April 21, 2015, 09:16:48 AM

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
April 21, 2015, 02:03:49 AM

legendary
Activity: 1456
April 20, 2015, 03:43:11 PM

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
April 20, 2015, 02:41:37 PM

U might be right!  >50%  Tongue

maybe it will come out almost on the same time with s7...
legendary
April 20, 2015, 02:34:36 PM
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
April 20, 2015, 09:53:02 AM
Not really a groundbraking revolution this new S4+
Old chips, loud, more W/GH than the existing S5 but a rack mount...
Well, i´ll go with the S5 either the S6 is going to be "groundbraking" in terms of chips and power use  Grin
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
April 20, 2015, 05:57:40 AM
Antpool showed it temporary went up to 66.7 PH.  Are there any S6's in this jump? Smiley I'm guessing not but I hope so.

Picture: http://s100.photobucket.com/user/notlist3d/media/antpool/antpool_zpssmf9atth.png.html?sort=3&o=0
(Did link not post as size is quite big)

DAMN...  That was a hell of a jump.  From approximately 56 PH/s to 66 PH/s.  That was definitely a hell of a jump!

I thought so as well.  I have no idea what caused it or what was going on.  But I took a screenshot so people would believe me it happened.

I could throw out all kinds of speculation, but at the end of the day that's all it would be is speculation.

It has got to be S4+ rigs that were tested for a short time span in my opinion.

S4+ available for shipping within a week.  2,570 GH/s (2.57 TH/s) @ 1,480 watts.  Stated .58 watts per GH/s.  PSU's are not the same.  They were designed by Bitmaintech.

946 USD ( 4.218 BTC )

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020150420021310934XOpI8PEw0689

what's the point of this miner? i mean s5 is 0.51 per giga and you can find it for 1/3 of the price(used) of this new miner

I suppose it's for those who are looking for a form factor suitable for a server room.  It depends on your situation I suppose.  I still have fourteen (14) 3,000 watt server grade PSU's with breakout boards sitting around waiting to be used on rigs without PSU.  I have to upgrade power first though.  I'm actually seriously thinking about keeping the money I would spend to upgrade my power at the house to fund my transportation to another location with cheaper power and upgrade the power there if needed.  I will have another $20,000 to invest in rigs the middle of June.  I think I will hold onto it and wait for approximately $10K or $20K more before my move to another location.  I need at least 140 TH/s to start in another location I have in mind.  It's just a matter of time.

Back to subject...  It really depends on your situation.  Those who are just starting up a mining operation may want them.  I'm in wait and see mode at the moment while waiting on a bit more funds to start right.  I only have 45 Th/s at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
April 20, 2015, 05:45:32 AM
Antpool showed it temporary went up to 66.7 PH.  Are there any S6's in this jump? Smiley I'm guessing not but I hope so.

Picture: http://s100.photobucket.com/user/notlist3d/media/antpool/antpool_zpssmf9atth.png.html?sort=3&o=0

DAMN...  That was a hell of a jump.  From approximately 56 PH/s to 66 PH/s.  That was definitely a hell of a jump!

I thought so as well.  I have no idea what caused it or what was going on.  But I took a screenshot so people would believe me it happened.

I could throw out all kinds of speculation, but at the end of the day that's all it would be is speculation.

S4+ available for shipping within a week.  2,570 GH/s (2.57 TH/s) @ 1,480 watts.  Stated .58 watts per GH/s.  PSU's are not the same.  They were designed by Bitmaintech.

946 USD ( 4.218 BTC )

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020150420021310934XOpI8PEw0689

what's the point of this miner? i mean s5 is 0.51 per giga and you can find it for 1/3 of the price(used) of this new miner
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
April 20, 2015, 05:27:31 AM

946 USD ( 4.218 BTC )

legendary
Activity: 1456
April 20, 2015, 05:10:32 AM
Antpool showed it temporary went up to 66.7 PH.  Are there any S6's in this jump? Smiley I'm guessing not but I hope so.

DAMN...  That was a hell of a jump.  From approximately 56 PH/s to 66 PH/s.  That was definitely a hell of a jump!

I thought so as well.  I have no idea what caused it or what was going on.  But I took a screenshot so people would believe me it happened.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
April 20, 2015, 05:07:19 AM
Antpool showed it temporary went up to 66.7 PH.  Are there any S6's in this jump? Smiley I'm guessing not but I hope so.

DAMN...  That was a hell of a jump.  From approximately 56 PH/s to 66 PH/s.  That was definitely a hell of a jump!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
April 20, 2015, 05:04:46 AM
soon, will show you the speculated new hardware preview...  Please wait for a bit longer for the official announcement.

really ? you guys are going to put out the s-6?

I would have bet 5 btc you would not release it until July or August.

it will come out before june. s5 is out for too much time, so s6 must be around the corner, imo

bitmain going spondoolies, noise wise Roll Eyes Huh Roll Eyes Huh Roll Eyes Huh Roll Eyes Huh
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
 Grin

I know you are not complaining about the noise at all.  I'm just chiming in that I wish others would not complain about the noise.  This is part of the life of a bit coin miner.  If one does not like the noise, they need to drop out of this business. 
Pages:
Jump to: