Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 362. (Read 527816 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
My guess is 30 day wait for batch 2.

So say late OCT  21-25.

I think that, no later than after one week,  the S7 is again on sale.

I hope so. I bought 2 coupons a few days ago, but haven't placed the order yet. Hopefully they'll be back in stock before my coupons expire.  Undecided

I have 1 coupon I would like to order 1 more, but I was hoping to test them first.

Maybe they open for sales soon.

What kind of power do you have access to?  Won't you be running close to 6 kw for home mining since you said you bought several other S7?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I placed my order on day one 8/30 and paid via wire. I got confirmation email from Bitmain being paid on 9/1.  The site still shows my order as unshipped, and I have not received any emails about it either.
Update, I got an email last night with my DHL tracking info; arrives on Thursday. I did not order a PSU, so it can only be the S7.
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
I ordered early on Day 2. Got my shipping info early this AM. due to arrive Thursday by end of the day.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Will be interesting to see what price is lined up for batch 2 of units and how long will have to wait for units. Hoping price is a good one as might consider to come back into the mining world again but with the ever growing price of energy in UK it is going to be a tough call too see any profit made from units. Need a good unit price and some diff jumps in the down direction then up. And also with the approaching half next year in July 2016 from 25 BTC rewards to 12.5 sure is going to bring some questions to weather or not price is going to chance. and also almost 70% minted too with 30% remaining that last lot of coin is going to be tough to generate. Just hope prices climb back up and despite coin rewards halving again will be good enough to sustain mining.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
is it possible to just get the barebone board?
i've seen some data center miners running just barebone board on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okI9rQNNtTQ

they don't even bother to put the miner inside a case with a fan. Just a barebone green board hookup to bunch of wires and a large fan.

That's technology from about 18 months ago. The power consumption for each board was much lower, and hence needed a lot less cooling as a result. I don't expect that Bitmain will be selling boards and not whole miners. Even if they did, it wouldn't actually save you any money. You will need their controller either way, and there's precious little to be gained by trying to engineer a better cooling solution. The "Green boards from 2014" weren't a complete miner, and hence needed the customer (i.e. the mine) to figure out the cooling.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
is it possible to just get the barebone board?
i've seen some data center miners running just barebone board on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okI9rQNNtTQ

they don't even bother to put the miner inside a case with a fan. Just a barebone green board hookup to bunch of wires and a large fan.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
I hope they do a price drop for batch 2 or I can't justify buying one.

Also interesting 21 announced their first product for sale to the public today, .17 J/GH
http://www.coindesk.com/21-inc-bitcoin-computer-developers/

I'm out ...at 13.5c kwh here in the USA....this boat don't float Sad

(In the wave of 20/20 hindsight I have 2 Titan(s) and a 100 amp service.....so even if I could swing it probably would not pay to upgrade to 200 amp service
even if the price was right ...so.......I guess it was not destined to be in either case with btc difficulty and price at this time in either senario) Smiley

Reality sucks Smiley

Activity: 835
There is NO Freedom without Privacy
I hope they do a price drop for batch 2 or I can't justify buying one.

Also interesting 21 announced their first product for sale to the public today, .17 J/GH
http://www.coindesk.com/21-inc-bitcoin-computer-developers/
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I suspect at least 30 days before batch 2. they kept batch 1 open way longer then I expected but I guess now that the miners are built and in hand they will focus on upgrading there own farm first using our pre-orders to help fund the project before they re open up a second batch

For all we know they could have already upgraded their own farms.  I would suspect those were priority over batch 1.   If they did clear a lot of spots in their data center shipping out S7's I think they will fill them pretty quick.

I would agree batch 1 was open much longer then I think they would have guessed from previous products.  I think at least closed till most of S7 B1's are shipped and mode it to their new homes.  Also we don't know if any 3rd party data centers have put in big orders.  Likely those would come before batch 2.

It was open so long because of the high price.

I don't disagree.  Will be interesting if the price drops.  I hope it does and they issue coupons for first batch.

But it's hard to tell.   They kinda own the market.

I rather they do nothing for 2 weeks then open batch 2  on OCT 5th or 6th.  With little or no price drop.  Maybe a slight drop to 1799.
No coupons to batch 1.  Then on the 12th the early coupons die.  So maybe give new coupons on the 14th if sales are slow.  Say 200 off 1799= 1599 plus 61 to ship = 1660.

I do not want a fire sale of any type or kind. Here is why? Once bit fury and Knc really show true power.  My strategy for bitmaintech still gives them moves.

If bitmaintech drops price to 1600 in 1 week  from today and gives a 200 dollar coupon it only will hurt them as they made too early a move against bitfury and knc.

But WTF do I really know?  Just guessing like the rest of us.
legendary
Activity: 1456
I suspect at least 30 days before batch 2. they kept batch 1 open way longer then I expected but I guess now that the miners are built and in hand they will focus on upgrading there own farm first using our pre-orders to help fund the project before they re open up a second batch

For all we know they could have already upgraded their own farms.  I would suspect those were priority over batch 1.   If they did clear a lot of spots in their data center shipping out S7's I think they will fill them pretty quick.

I would agree batch 1 was open much longer then I think they would have guessed from previous products.  I think at least closed till most of S7 B1's are shipped and mode it to their new homes.  Also we don't know if any 3rd party data centers have put in big orders.  Likely those would come before batch 2.

I don't disagree.  Will be interesting if the price drops.  I hope it does and they issue coupons for first batch.

But it's hard to tell.   They kinda own the market.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Funny how the hash rate is dropping as soon as the orders start shipping. I'll bet the fans show up nice and dusty but Bitmain will say they are brand new units.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Nah, if they're smart they'll dust off the units before they ship them.

They did at least that much on my officially "used" S5s.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I'd actually guess "price adjust" - they're always "sold out" for a while when they adjust the price.
Activity: 868

For all we know they could have already upgraded their own farms.  I would suspect those were priority over batch 1.   If they did clear a lot of spots in their data center shipping out S7's I think they will fill them pretty quick.

I would agree batch 1 was open much longer then I think they would have guessed from previous products.  I think at least closed till most of S7 B1's are shipped and mode it to their new homes.  Also we don't know if any 3rd party data centers have put in big orders.  Likely those would come before batch 2.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
legendary

So say late OCT  21-25.

I hope so. I bought 2 coupons a few days ago, but haven't placed the order yet. Hopefully they'll be back in stock before my coupons expire.  Undecided

I have 1 coupon I would like to order 1 more, but I was hoping to test them first.

Maybe they open for sales soon.
legendary
Activity: 1596

So say late OCT  21-25.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

So say late OCT  21-25.

legendary

So say late OCT  21-25.
legendary

Took longer than I thought...

I think price had something to do with that.  Likely I think they still have stock of them.   But they are starting to ship this batch ( I think) so they will do a batch 2 would be my guess after most get their batch 1's.

I still hope to see a price drop and maybe coupons for batch one buyers.  But not sure if we will see that.
Jump to: