Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 357. (Read 527816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

can you easily redirect internatioonal UPS package to a local UPS store? thanks

i don't want to sit around afraid to leave the house. One time I took a brief shower and UPS truck missed me-had to go to the warehouse to get it on the same day

I redirect mine to the local UPS Store and that way I just stop by on my way home and can sign for it and not miss it. The UPS store told me last time they were not happy about the fact that they get nothing for doing this. They use to charge $5 for the service but UPS will not allow them to charge it anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Try living in Canada. We pay taxes on fucking EVERTHING, it's ridiculous. My Titan alone cost me $1500 in duties. Fucking piece of shit government.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
So talked with a rep on the phone and it looks like US Customs flagged 1 out of 2 total packages and now I have to pay $39.74 in taxes / duties / import fees.

She said customs probably overlooked my other package which is why only one was flagged

I didnt realize we have to pay these fees in the US, and what a bunch of BS that 1 must have made it through without discrepancy, but the other requires this fee? when its the same damn thing

I thought we're not supposed to pay import taxes if it's under $2.5K.

There are no taxes above 2.5K either but UPS is likely charging a "brokerage fee" for the paperwork.

I believe you are spot on with the brokerage fee.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
So talked with a rep on the phone and it looks like US Customs flagged 1 out of 2 total packages and now I have to pay $39.74 in taxes / duties / import fees.

She said customs probably overlooked my other package which is why only one was flagged

I didnt realize we have to pay these fees in the US, and what a bunch of BS that 1 must have made it through without discrepancy, but the other requires this fee? when its the same damn thing

There are no taxes above 2.5K either but UPS is likely charging a "brokerage fee" for the paperwork.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

Yeah I'm so confused.. I must be unlucky and/or got a shitty customs agent
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

I've made several purchases in the past from bitmain [All of which were over $2.5K] and never had to pay import taxes/fees.  I had to pay a little extra for shipping because of weight not correct.  Only was about $35.00 but that was it.  Hopefully, I do not run into issues with these 9 rigs coming in soon.  They haven't shipped yet.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
Mine was finally processed in California and is now heading to Toomim Bros in Washington.

I'm sending mine to Toomim Bros also so post your experiences when things get set up for you.  I placed my order on 9/6 so nothing for me yet.

Well it arrived and they set it up fast and it's running right now reporting 4.6ish at Eligius.

I'm impressed with Toomim so far.

Have you tried to remote in yet?  Toomim is suppose to have this capability.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Just saw this on my tracking from UPS "The receiver must pay the duties or taxes due on the package."

how much do I have to pay?  Im in Oregon, generally never had to pay any duties or taxes.. but never had anything sent this value before

WOW!!!  I've never seen this before either.  How many units did you purchase?  How much do they say you owe in duties/taxes?

don't know for a fact, but most likely it is due to bitmain posting a wrong weight on the package (someone mentioned it before)-it is somewhat scandalous that they would do it after charging us full price for shipping $46 for UPS when it is the same they charged for S5, which was heavier.
If it happens, they would need to issue a rebate as it is clearly their fault. However, it should not be more than $20 (optimistically).

I had this on PSU's before from bitmain.  I got sent a letter after they were already delivered I ended up paying like 8 bucks for 3 PSU's.   Mine was the weight they claimed was wrong compared to actual. 

I'm guessing yours is something like. But I could be wrong.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Just saw this on my tracking from UPS "The receiver must pay the duties or taxes due on the package."

how much do I have to pay?  Im in Oregon, generally never had to pay any duties or taxes.. but never had anything sent this value before

This is really pissing me off!!!  I ordered nine (9) units myself.  I hope I don't have to pay a hell of a lot on top of what I already paid.  I would like to know what the tax/duties is for?  Damn government.

You shouldn't have to pay duties or taxes if you are in the US.
My tracking showed the same message but then it was later cleared.
It is now in transit currently located in Alaska.
Can't wait till tomorrow.

can you easily redirect internatioonal UPS package to a local UPS store? thanks

i don't want to sit around afraid to leave the house. One time I took a brief shower and UPS truck missed me-had to go to the warehouse to get it on the same day
legendary

how much do I have to pay?  Im in Oregon, generally never had to pay any duties or taxes.. but never had anything sent this value before

This is really pissing me off!!!  I ordered nine (9) units myself.  I hope I don't have to pay a hell of a lot on top of what I already paid.  I would like to know what the tax/duties is for?  Damn government.

yeah mine is in alaska now too.. but the one still shows that msg..

chatting with a rep and he said

When it comes to the exception, it indicates that duties, taxes and brokerage fees have been applied to this shipment, the charge is $39.74. You can pay for this using a check or money order payable to UPS upon delivery.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

how much do I have to pay?  Im in Oregon, generally never had to pay any duties or taxes.. but never had anything sent this value before

WOW!!!  I've never seen this before either.  How many units did you purchase?  How much do they say you owe in duties/taxes?

don't know for a fact, but most likely it is due to bitmain posting a wrong weight on the package (someone mentioned it before)-it is somewhat scandalous that they would do it after charging us full price for shipping $46 for UPS when it is the same they charged for S5, which was heavier.
If it happens, they would need to issue a rebate as it is clearly their fault. However, it should not be more than $20 (optimistically).
legendary
whats weird is, the second unit i ordered doesnt have that note on the tracking at all.. only the first one.. and they are separate tracking numbers so its not a 2 package shipment.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

i only ordered two... im not sure how much i need to pay.. im going to call them

Thanks...

Please let me know how much they are going to want for the two you ordered.  Much appreciated...
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary

i only ordered two... im not sure how much i need to pay.. im going to call them
Activity: 786

I got the same thing on my UPS tracking. So, I logged in. It tells me I owe $308.09 CDN. Now that's a lot higher tax than another Cdn (guitarplinker) paid. So I'm a bit surprised.

EDIT: I called UPS and asked what the shipper declared as the value. They indicated $2280+ CDN.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Jump to: