Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 67. (Read 527791 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
3D printed Exhaust fan grillz and exhaust Duct connectors.  Pretty pimp and works awesome, fixed my screeching noise issue.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
thx. We (well, I) am in the process of commissioning a new toy that arrived a week ago http://www.trumpf-laser.com/en/products/solid-state-lasers/short-and-ultra-short-pulsed-lasers/trumicro-series-5000-femto-edition.html to apply my majik touch/insights to with the goal of pushing our systems processing capabilities further.

That sucka costs over $450k and Trumpf has lent it to us for free for at least 6mo to play around with. For our end, so far ~ $120k into a new testbed workstation to use the laser with. Of course their goal is for us to find/improves uses for it so they can sell more. Since each of our systems usually has 4 heads meaning 4 lasers... You get the idea. Knowing of our work with fiber lasers from their subsidiary that supplies them to us it should be a safe bet for them to make. They know our primary customer in Taiwan has very very deep pockets and when we say we can provide systems for them to produce component packing densities no one else can economically reach those pockets open very wide. Only catch is for us to first prove it to them.

The rest of our lil part of the industry supplying laser micro-machining systems are still a few years behind figuring out how we do what we do so blisteringly fast but nonetheless are catching up so time to leapfrog them once again with beyond bleeding-edge mfg tech Cheesy

Way OT here... Gotta watch out for the Powers that be....
Unless perhaps Bitmain would like some help in making their miners smaller that is. If so give us whistle  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Are you running 70TH in your own mining area or is it being hosted?   And I would agree it's a slow ride anymore.  I remember when it was a quick 3 month ROI.  But no longer is quick and ROI mentioned together.

Patience and being able to hold long term I think are two important things.  I like to pay off electricity out of it and hold the rest.   Will see long term how I end up on my investments.
50TH of that is at work where I have 20kw of free electricity Grin the rest is at home where the bill is $0.15/kwhr  Sad

That is awesome on the 50th part if you managed to get that for free.   What type of work do you do if you don't mind me asking?  That is a lot of free power.

Sounds like a great setup though.
I'm co-founder of and Sr. Engineer at http://www.synchronlaser.com/ so in a way the free electric is part of my comps Wink 14kw of that is concentrated in one area that can tolerate the noise and heat of what is now mostly s7's, the rest is mostly nice quiet s3's in various offices for supplemental heating aka space-heaters along with my 1.2THs (re-branded Dragon) rig I eventually got from AMT. Yes, it is still running perfect 24x7x365 since Aug 28, 2014.

Yea A1 really were good miners those dragons were good miners.  Some companies shipped with cheap PSU's was only issue I ever had, but solid miners.

Now I'm not only jealous of your free electricity, but of your lasers.   That is some very cool gear you have there.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Yeah, FEDEX told me there was no Custom tax for my orders, but I just got a bill for $35 today for my small order even though I have the HST code listed.  Not looking forward to seeing any bills for the larger order!
legendary
so even with the HST code on my fedex shipment under my street address, and EIN/Tax ID and under shipment notes for Batch 8 and 9 I just received a bill in the mail from fedex for 35 bucks for the customs fees.

so I think the HST trick is either hit or miss, or completely useless

$35 "fee" as it was described to me was just the cost for them to inspect the package/confirm contents if they choose to do so, regardless of the code.  I've used DHL, Fedex, and UPS for Bitmain and the best way to slide under the radar is to simply order 1 miner at a time so the value "looks" as low as possible on the shipment.  However with that said  I had video cards shipped from Canada to US which is definitely a "free" item and was also charged in the past.  
And thankfully in the US at least is less than the VAT tacked on that most folks across the pond have to deal with.
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
so even with the HST code on my fedex shipment under my street address, and EIN/Tax ID and under shipment notes for Batch 8 and 9 I just received a bill in the mail from fedex for 35 bucks for the customs fees.

$35 "fee" as it was described to me was just the cost for them to inspect the package/confirm contents if they choose to do so, regardless of the code.  I've used DHL, Fedex, and UPS for Bitmain and the best way to slide under the radar is to simply order 1 miner at a time so the value "looks" as low as possible on the shipment.  However with that said  I had video cards shipped from Canada to US which is definitely a "free" item and was also charged in the past.  
legendary
Sorry to throw the subject back a bit...

But are we really saying that even if you have free electricity, a S7 with an Bitmain PSU wont ROI for 5-6 months???!?!?!

or is my maths totally off?

Regs
At this moment income from each of my s7b8 's at work (free electric) is paying just over $8/day so not counting what the Halving will do If I buy a batch 10 today it should ROI in just over 100 days. Yes I know dif rise etc will change that.

That said, for my investment in upgrading s2/3/4/5's to s7's I do not look at per-machine ROI I only look at power consumption/THs and my available BTC to spend at that time.

When I started after about maybe 7-8 months the Ant Pharm was already paid for and from then on was dedicated to paying for upgrading and increasing hashrate. Since then the total miner farm income at any point has covered it all plus paying for quite a few nice toys from what was TigerDirect.

Since current pharm income is now banging around 0.3BTC/day that means I could get another s7 every couple weeks until I run out of available power (close to it already) if I don't mind not increasing the btc 'surplus in my wallet  Not gonna happen soon as have to replenish after buying my last 3 s7's a few weeks ago Wink

Though do gotta say at current price for the batch-10.... maybe just one more?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Sorry to throw the subject back a bit...

But are we really saying that even if you have free electricity, a S7 with an Bitmain PSU wont ROI for 5-6 months???!?!?!

or is my maths totally off?

Regs
legendary
Are you running 70TH in your own mining area or is it being hosted?   And I would agree it's a slow ride anymore.  I remember when it was a quick 3 month ROI.  But no longer is quick and ROI mentioned together.

Patience and being able to hold long term I think are two important things.  I like to pay off electricity out of it and hold the rest.   Will see long term how I end up on my investments.
50TH of that is at work where I have 20kw of free electricity Grin the rest is at home where the bill is $0.15/kwhr  Sad

That is awesome on the 50th part if you managed to get that for free.   What type of work do you do if you don't mind me asking?  That is a lot of free power.

I'm co-founder of and Sr. Engineer at http://www.synchronlaser.com/ so in a way the free electric is part of my comps Wink 14kw of that is concentrated in one area that can tolerate the noise and heat of what is now mostly s7's, the rest is mostly nice quiet s3's in various offices for supplemental heating aka space-heaters along with my 1.2THs (re-branded Dragon) rig I eventually got from AMT. Yes, it is still running perfect 24x7x365 since Aug 28, 2014.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Oh it gets better. I can't ship my RMA'd dead s7 hashboard to Bitmain because of the Spring Festival. The RMA letter says no one will be there to receive shipments until it is over... Glad it's 'only' ~1.5TH currently missing from that miner for over a week now.

At least you're able to get an RMA request response. I've had three batch 7 miners with faulty controllers only running 1 hashboard since friday, and no response to my RMA. My 5.05th miners are now running around 1.6th each, so I'm down about 10th overall right now Sad
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
So, the B9 shipped late, but not too late, yesterday, but the shipment is on hold in Hong Kong, with DHL. Whats with "Shipment on Hold"? They needed a coffee break?

For some reason my B9 was shipped within 24 hours, can't complain.

Pay Details

Pay 2.499 BTC
Pay Confirm 2.499 BTC
Date 2016-01-30 07:49:14

Send Details

Carrier Fedex
Tracking No.
Date 2016-02-01 00:00:00
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
So, the B9 shipped late, but not too late, yesterday, but the shipment is on hold in Hong Kong, with DHL. Whats with "Shipment on Hold"? They needed a coffee break?
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
price is 370...  buy yet few new S7 or not ..?..  I'm a little nervous Undecided Huh
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Dont change the firmware if it works.  You risk messing up your machine for no benefit.

Also, my coupon is still available, new price of 0.007btc !  HOT SALE Smiley  lol
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
BITMAIN,

What are the enhancements of the newer firmware?
What are the features of the older firmware? 
Should I change from the Dec 3rd to Dec 11th? 
If I have a Batch 1 and run it at 625 should I upgrade to 600(original) or 625(current) setting?

I have heard these questions asked before, but have only heard speculation.  Please let us know.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
selling 11  0.05 coupons for 0.024
PM me if needed
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
Sell a AntMiner S7 Coupon 0.05BTC for 0,025 BTC
PM me if you Need it
Pages: