Pages:
Author

Topic: [ ANTMINER U2 ] THE NEW ANTMINER USB MINER = 2.0GHs {USA - .0385 LOWEST PRICE} - page 4. (Read 19857 times)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Do you have a link to a setup guide for the U2s? I'd like to be ready for when they arrive.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Cryptocurrency Rules man!
Can you put 9 of these in an Anker 9 port usb hub? I heard from somone that they couldn't put more than 4-6 in one USB hub and get it to hash together. Please let me know thanks.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Dock.io
I'd like to buy two! BTC + PM sent.
Thanks! :]

You are confirmed. Thank you!
Activity: 355
Merit: 276
FYI I just got one today, after 20 minutes it gets to 2.06 Gh/s with clock=x0981, and it runs great with zero errors and zero rejects.

When I overclock to 0A18, which on the U1 is 2.2 Gh/s, after running for 20 minutes it only gets up to 2.12 Gh/s with 0 rejects and 5.41% error rate.

So, it seems like 2.0 Gh/s is the max you can expect with low error rate.  

I haven't been able to find a user manual on the U2 yet however, and the clock parameters for overclocking may be totally different than what was used for the U1.

I have emailed Antmain about this but have not heard back yet.

Edited to add:

After 2 hours it's hashing at 2.063 Gh/s, with zero rejects and zero H/W errors.

Also, FYI my USB power is not an issue. I am getting my +5V from the molex connector of an ATX PSU at 32Amps.

could you try         262.50 MHz | 2100 MHs | 0A01 | 020 ms       for us on the U2s  its the clock for 2.1 gh/s  also there are know clock speeds for 2.05 and 2.15 if there is a finer limit to thier ablites

yeah maybe they can do 2.1 with little errors and no fan.

funny I wonder if holding the old ones may be a good idea.

the new heat sink is  so big. if you have the 49 port hub  you will only fit 28 or so sticks. while the one sticks can fit the full 49.  right now I have 30 old ones.  I will wait for some users on the new sticks to talk about them before I order some u-2s.

I have 30 ice fury sticks with bigger heat sinks they clock to 2.5 or 2.6 cost a lot more but I have had them since jan 1. I think I will hold them as they hash at a higher rate.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
FYI I just got one today, after 20 minutes it gets to 2.06 Gh/s with clock=x0981, and it runs great with zero errors and zero rejects.

When I overclock to 0A18, which on the U1 is 2.2 Gh/s, after running for 20 minutes it only gets up to 2.12 Gh/s with 0 rejects and 5.41% error rate.

I haven't been able to find a user manual on the U2 yet however, and the clock parameters for overclocking may be totally different than what was used for the U1.

Edited to add:

After 2 hours it's hashing at 2.063 Gh/s, with zero rejects and zero H/W errors.

Also, FYI my USB power is not an issue. I am getting my +5V from the molex connector of an ATX PSU at 32Amps.

could you try         262.50 MHz | 2100 MHs | 0A01 | 020 ms       for us on the U2s  its the clock for 2.1 gh/s  also there are know clock speeds for 2.05 and 2.15 if there is a finer limit to thier ablites
Activity: 65

Edited to add:

if you had a u-1 and a u-2 to compare  you could see if it has the same resistor controlling the voltage allowed to the chip.

Based on you tests so far I think it is the same.  

which makes the older sticks better in one way the will fit on a tighter hub.
 the newer sticks may not need fans.
 So if  you have a choice of sticks some may prefer the new for the silence offered. Some may prefer the old for the smaller size.

The resistors are so tiny it's hard to see, however I heard back from Antmain and they say the overclock hardware mod is the same for the U1 and U2, so I guess that answers your question.

It would seem as if the only difference between the U1 and U2 is the heat sink, making the U2 stable at 2.0 Gh/s without a need for additional cooling.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'

Edited to add:

if you had a u-1 and a u-2 to compare  you could see if it has the same resistor controlling the voltage allowed to the chip.

Based on you tests so far I think it is the same.  

which makes the older sticks better in one way the will fit on a tighter hub.
 the newer sticks may not need fans.
 So if  you have a choice of sticks some may prefer the new for the silence offered. Some may prefer the old for the smaller size.
Dock.io

Gotcha!  Thank you.  Please PM me your address if you haven't already.
Dock.io
They are actually 2gh stock stable out of the box.

Thanks for clearing that up, yeah i didn't want to over estimate it.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Activity: 65

Edited to add:

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
will they overclock further or is the hardware limited by fixed voltage like the u1?

They are software overclockable.

Up to how much gh/s?

Have not tested one yet, been very busy with the Austin conference and everything.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
will they overclock further or is the hardware limited by fixed voltage like the u1?

Up to how much gh/s?
Owner, Minersource.net

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Owner, Minersource.net
Dock.io
Is this USA only? What is the max hashrate you can get without using heat sinks?

Its looking like 1.6 - 2 GHs stable.
Activity: 51
Two ordered, PM sent.
BTW .0385 + .0385 + 0.00525 = 0.08225
Activity: 27
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Is this USA only? What is the max hashrate you can get without using heat sinks?
Pages:
Jump to: