Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer Z11 equihash miner from Bitmain Released - Antminer S17 PRO 2nd GEN - page 3. (Read 1581 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 4
First batch of Z11 has shipped.  Fedex tracking shows delivery on Monday but I am guessing there will be a few days delay for US customs to do their damage.

Aye, https://blog.bitmain.com/en/z11-shipping/2019-04-11.html and https://blog.bitmain.com/en/z11-shipping/2019-04-12.html

The date spread on these two shipping days are odd for the orders... the first one covers 2 weeks but is "only" 124 orders. Day 2 is 10 orders over right at 2 weeks also.

-j

It also does not say how many units per order.  My order was either 48, 49, or 50.  Payments all arrived at exactly the same time for these three orders.  My order was for 4 units.

Activity: 449
Merit: 24
I ordered from eastshore 3rd batch and it just got shipped.  I thought I'd be waiting another month.
Activity: 504
Merit: 51
First batch of Z11 has shipped.  Fedex tracking shows delivery on Monday but I am guessing there will be a few days delay for US customs to do their damage.

Aye, https://blog.bitmain.com/en/z11-shipping/2019-04-11.html and https://blog.bitmain.com/en/z11-shipping/2019-04-12.html

The date spread on these two shipping days are odd for the orders... the first one covers 2 weeks but is "only" 124 orders. Day 2 is 10 orders over right at 2 weeks also.

-j
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
Anyone know a reputable place to buy these?
In the US there seems to be a number of Ebay listings for Z11 preorders, though you're going to pay a pretty steep premium through those sellers as they jack up their prices due to import fees and PP/Ebay fees. Ebay provides you with very good buyer protection so there shouldn't be issues with buying on there unless you're buying from someone with 0 feedbacks.

You could also make a WTB post for a Z11 in the Computer Hardware section (click for link) on this forum. Always use escrow while buying and selling here if you choose to go this route.
how is it even possible that this is under 2k€ and all other equihash ASIC are way more expansive?
Z9 used - around 1k€
ZMaster used = 1200€

Too bad a ZMaster is expensive used, the efficiency is about the same as a Z11.
Activity: 363
Merit: 16
how is it even possible that this is under 2k€ and all other equihash ASIC are way more expansive?
Z9 used - around 1k€
ZMaster used = 1200€
Anyone know a reputable place to buy these?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1415
Any idea how much the Z11 will increase difficulty?

No clue based on not knowing the amount of units sold in this first batch.  But based on what we all know about bitmain, they will bury their customers, no way they let people make too much money back so depending on how coin prices go will determine how many of these they spit out into the market.
How much was the z9 from bitmain, I remember ordering one then getting hit with the tariff, lol.

It was $2k batch 1, $850 batch 2. But $650 if you scoop up $250 coupons for $50.

For mini... not for Z9.

Batch1 Z9 was 3,442.64 shipped for me per unit before import tariffs of 26.5%.

-j

Hopefully you can mod this one  Grin
Any idea how much the Z11 will increase difficulty?
How much was the z9 from bitmain, I remember ordering one then getting hit with the tariff, lol.

It was $2k batch 1, $850 batch 2. But $650 if you scoop up $250 coupons for $50.

For mini... not for Z9.

Batch1 Z9 was 3,442.64 shipped for me per unit before import tariffs of 26.5%.

-j
Activity: 610
Merit: 265

first batch right at 3300 before the tariffs, first batch, with PSUs.

Ugh.

-j
I ordered 4 of the Z11 and will pay the Trump tariff like most other Mericans who shop in China.  Angry

Please don't judge my stupidity.  
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
never said batch 1

I bought them cheap and used.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
cheers to those who bought the z9

hope yall never ROI when the z11 comes out

rinse and repeat

I earned my money back on my Z9-Mini within three weeks.
Bought it with LTC and mined on Mining Pool Hub, auto-exchanging back to LTC.  LTC now isn't worth as much in fiat as it was then ($160/LTC) but I did earn back my initial investment, coin-for-coin.  Of course being lucky with a first batch helped.  Anyone ordering a short time later was S.O.L.  Not saying the manufacturer is greatawesomewonderful (I think their marketing practices are borderline criminal), rather highlighting alternative thinking in regards to return on capital.  Mining returns need not always be measured in USDollars.

hmmm I measure mine in USD.  I have....36 Z9 and they have been paid for awhile now. 

Check your "math" again.
No way and no how Z9 (not mini) first batch paid for itself.
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
cheers to those who bought the z9

hope yall never ROI when the z11 comes out

rinse and repeat

I earned my money back on my Z9-Mini within three weeks.
Bought it with LTC and mined on Mining Pool Hub, auto-exchanging back to LTC.  LTC now isn't worth as much in fiat as it was then ($160/LTC) but I did earn back my initial investment, coin-for-coin.  Of course being lucky with a first batch helped.  Anyone ordering a short time later was S.O.L.  Not saying the manufacturer is greatawesomewonderful (I think their marketing practices are borderline criminal), rather highlighting alternative thinking in regards to return on capital.  Mining returns need not always be measured in USDollars.

hmmm I measure mine in USD.  But I have 18 Z9 mini and 36 Z9 and they have been paid for awhile now.  I am still 80 % GPU and really don't like ASICS but 200+ % daily profit on Z series is good stuff.  Even if its a small amount of $ the percentage don't change.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Is the Z11 already sold out or has it just not started selling yet? At $1242 it's sub 100 day payback, though that's gonna change very quickly once these ship. Also it looks like zcash will fork in Oct? https://forum.zcashcommunity.com/t/the-final-nu2-blossom-network-upgrade-goals/32449

90% of equihash mining rewards is zcash, if it forks this asic is worthless. There's only 5 months of mining time till the fork.

Not alt all. Theirs Komodo that's the next best thing to zcash. I plan to mine this next with z9 mini now that bitmain has more powerful hardware.

Then theirs more skeptical projects like bitcoin private. Might be worth mining at low difficulty if you have z9 mini
Zcash ain’t forking, they love asics
Pages:
Jump to: