Pages:
Author

Topic: ¤¤¤¤ antrun.de - Antrouter R1 Fun-Run - compare your share ¤¤¤¤ - page 30. (Read 97837 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Here's my latest setup for RichBC 2

Extra heatsinks on the Top & bottom of the chip, with a large fan & fan controller, temp sensor for the controller is the black wire going into the heatsink, temp is set at 40 Deg C.

Potentiometer to adjust the core voltage, and digital display showing the core voltage.

The unit is being run from a small 5V PSU. At the current 250Mhz it is taking 8.7W at the wall.

Last year I had this setup up to 400Mhz, however for some reason at the moment I can't get it to reliably run over 300MHz. I think disabling wireless has improved things and significantly reduced restarts, RichBC 1 at 200MHz has been running for 8 Hours now without restarting. However I find the higher I go above 200MHz the more problems there are including number of restarts and not starting at all unless a full reboot is done?

I feel there are still some things I do not understand, but have some ideas so will next Week start exploring them.

RichBC 1 will be down for a few hours as I am going away for a few days and will take it with me.  Smiley RichBC 2 I will leave at home running at 250MHz and we will see what happens?

Rich

rich-bc, are those small heatsinks recycled or custom order? thanks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Here's my latest setup for RichBC 2

Extra heatsinks on the Top & bottom of the chip, with a large fan & fan controller, temp sensor for the controller is the black wire going into the heatsink, temp is set at 40 Deg C.

Potentiometer to adjust the core voltage, and digital display showing the core voltage.

The unit is being run from a small 5V PSU. At the current 250Mhz it is taking 8.7W at the wall.

Last year I had this setup up to 400Mhz, however for some reason at the moment I can't get it to reliably run over 300MHz. I think disabling wireless has improved things and significantly reduced restarts, RichBC 1 at 200MHz has been running for 8 Hours now without restarting. However I find the higher I go above 200MHz the more problems there are including number of restarts and not starting at all unless a full reboot is done?

I feel there are still some things I do not understand, but have some ideas so will next Week start exploring them.

RichBC 1 will be down for a few hours as I am going away for a few days and will take it with me.  Smiley RichBC 2 I will leave at home running at 250MHz and we will see what happens?

Rich

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Guilty as charged... curiosity "killed" the cat (R1)

I got curious and dismantled the R1 and put a Arctic USB fan right on top of naked R1.
Modded the power plug to extend direct into the power point.

I don't know if it will go any quicker or produce more hash but -- I guess this is it most optimum before R1 goes crazy.

It's currently at 137.5mhz, 888v and "--suggest-diff-64" settings.
It's hashing and ckpool is accepting the shares.

Note: the R1 is also connected to a dumb 4-port USB with 3 x U3 hashing at about 155-165ghs total.

Current Status:

Racer: citronick
HW: Antrouter R1 - Batch 1
Pool settings: stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 --suggest-diff 12
Password: x
Frequency: 137.5mhz
Voltage: 999
Shares: 5596 accepted in 12 hours 6mins
Rejects: 0%
Average speed: 6gh/s ++
Normal speed: 2gh/s to 14gh/s ++
Modifications: Refer to picture.

Notes: the R1 is also connected to a dumb 4-port USB with 3 x U3 hashing at about 155-165ghs total.

Inspired from rich's mods - I have disabled the wifi, increase the diff, a slight notch up.
I am not doing at voltage mods because i dont have the tools and knowledge to do that.
I will stick to silly & senseless but creative mods and keep the R1 as cool as possible.
Putting on some heatsinks next, like rich's R1.
Sorry, forgot to mention I am running at 200mhz which has been running stable around 11ghs+/-.  
I am also using an artic breeze usb fan to keep it cool. The wifi is still turned on as well

Ok that is great. Do you find that it restarts at intervals and if so how often?

Rich

BTW It's good to use the Frequency setting Pull down at the bottom of the page, so everyone knows what is going on.
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
Sorry, forgot to mention I am running at 200mhz which has been running stable around 11ghs+/-. 
I am also using an artic breeze usb fan to keep it cool. The wifi is still turned on as well

Like to see people tweeking this little bastards towards their limits  Smiley Would be nice if you could post some power and temperature measurements.

Yes, the hashrate seems to be very high, at least for a non (heavily) overclocked R1. I'm sure elokk can clarify this.

When I get back / early next Week I will make some measurements and post them. In terms of temperature I have a big fan on the Chip as shown in the picture, for safety the temperature controller is set to 40 Deg C which it was able to maintain with some capacity to spare at 275MHz. Now back down to 250MHz

Rich
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I have just run RichBC 2 at 275MHz for nearly an hour without any restarts. 15.1GH/s, Core Voltage set to 0.68v. Had a single hardware error, so not bad. Am going to turn it back down to 250MHz for overnight and am then away for a few Days, so will leave it down as I prefer to be here when it's being pushed. However bodes well for the future, 300MHz here we come.  Smiley

Rich

Not sure what is going on with elokk, but when checking my hash his seems very high? So either he is pushing things as well or there is a problem?

Like to see people tweeking this little bastards towards their limits  Smiley Would be nice if you could post some power and temperature measurements.

Yes, the hashrate seems to be very high, at least for a non (heavily) overclocked R1. I'm sure elokk can clarify this.
I have just run RichBC 2 at 275MHz for nearly an hour without any restarts. 15.1GH/s, Core Voltage set to 0.68v. Had a single hardware error, so not bad. Am going to turn it back down to 250MHz for overnight and am then away for a few Days, so will leave it down as I prefer to be here when it's being pushed. However bodes well for the future, 300MHz here we come.  Smiley

Rich

Not sure what is going on with elokk, but when checking my hash his seems very high? So either he is pushing things as well or there is a problem?
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
after 4 retries i give up to get the R1 working as a wlan-wlan-bridge (analog my AVM Fritz Repeater) ...
would be nice to have but it never worked ... well ... then .. back under the office-table little R1

Would have sucked anyway due to the extra repeater. Just use it as a access-point, works great here!
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
after 4 retries i give up to get the R1 working as a wlan-wlan-bridge (analog my AVM Fritz Repeater) ...
would be nice to have but it never worked ... well ... then .. back under the office-table little R1

My suggestion:
One chart on the front page (or no chart at all) with one value line. Overall hashrate seems to be the most interresting parameter here. Second, if you click on a racer's name, it will open the stats of all workers of that racer in a new tab.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Sounds like a good suggestion to me, probably the only way to find out is to give it a go and see what people think?

Rich
What your thinking on graphs? Individual graphs or a single graph with every one on it? I would quite like to see a Hash rate graph, particularly as my miner restarts so frequently. The best share perhaps does not seem dynamic enough to warrant a graph?

I think hash rate graphs could be useful, but like Rich said I don't think a graph of best shares would really convey anything meaningful.

I made an example chart out of test data: http://m.imgur.com/E8H4uiP

Turns out all racers on one chart gives no advantage. Even without the spikes eliminated. Too much lines with almost identical values, not enough colors to represent each racer individually. It gets worse as more players join...

My suggestion:
One chart on the front page (or no chart at all) with one value line. Overall hashrate seems to be the most interresting parameter here. Second, if you click on a racer's name, it will open the stats of all workers of that racer in a new tab.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
legendary
Found my first block  Cheesy
(however the modi antrouter software shows: You have not found blocks yet!)

congrats! -- I see only 2 active users there maybe I will fire up my U3 and join you there soon.
whats a good UniversalCoin wallet? What the BTC per solo block for UC?

That would be cool.
I used my Yobit wallet address for now. Used a other coin to see if a mined block would payout at all.
The answer is yes. Only the antrouter not shown the block by the software.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Found my first block  Cheesy
(however the modi antrouter software shows: You have not found blocks yet!)

congrats! -- I see only 2 active users there maybe I will fire up my U3 and join you there soon.
whats a good UniversalCoin wallet? What the BTC per solo block for UC?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I think hash rate graphs could be useful, but like Rich said I don't think a graph of best shares would really convey anything meaningful.

A separate site like this for compacs would be cool, except all four of mine have happy homes so I don't know if I would be able to participate.
OK I have pushed RichBC 2 up to 250Mhz, switching off the wireless seems to have helped with restarting, which happens every 30 Minutes or so. Not quite sure why this should help, but assume the processor has more time for hashing? I am next going to disable the U3 / Compac support to see if that helps some more?

The pull down menu for frequency setting might need to be extended....  Grin

Rich

Hehe, extending is not a problem  Smiley

Just tell me the steps i should add, as they are not round numbers.

If I would integrate graphs into the site, which info would you guys want to see? Hashrate 1m over one day? Or bestshare, so that changes in the ranking would be visible longer?
Would like to hear your opinions.

On the higher frequencies I only bothered to add them at 25Mhz intervals, so if you go up to 400Mhz, which is the highest I have ever briefly pushed things,  that should cover things for the moment.  Smiley

What your thinking on graphs? Individual graphs or a single graph with every one on it? I would quite like to see a Hash rate graph, particularly as my miner restarts so frequently. The best share perhaps does not seem dynamic enough to warrant a graph?

Rich

@Zeta0S Very well done. So not a Bitcoin then?

I have heard before that the Block is  not shown by the software?
legendary
Found my first solo block  Cheesy
(how ever the Antrouter R1 software shows: You have not found blocks yet!)
OK I have pushed RichBC 2 up to 250Mhz, switching off the wireless seems to have helped with restarting, which happens every 30 Minutes or so. Not quite sure why this should help, but assume the processor has more time for hashing? I am next going to disable the U3 / Compac support to see if that helps some more?

The pull down menu for frequency setting might need to be extended....  Grin

Rich

Hehe, extending is not a problem  Smiley

Just tell me the steps i should add, as they are not round numbers.

If I would integrate graphs into the site, which info would you guys want to see? Hashrate 1m over one day? Or bestshare, so that changes in the ranking would be visible longer?
Would like to hear your opinions.

The pull down menu for frequency setting might need to be extended....  Grin

Rich
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
mmh sounds good Smiley
i remember that there was a run for the gekkos but i think it vanished.

doe anyone have gekko-sticks? i sold mine Sad
gekkorun.de is still free Grin

Yeah I have a bunch of them, but not for sale, sorry  Tongue Cheesy
I know, it's OT but take a look here: https://asicpuppy.com/magentoPuppy/index.php/gekko-usb-8gh-s.html

Imagine if our R1 Race, is renamed to "Small Miner Race" - R1 and Gekkos.... I wonder if a few R1 performs better than Gekkos?

Yeah, I was thinking about this too. Just a single-chip-device-run. But to keep it separate has it's own allure.

well ... both solutions can be ok
but i think that - if we do it - we should seperate the devices ...

perhaps it possible ...

antrun.de
gekkorun.de
for themselves

and singlechiprun.de with the data from the other databases combined (should be all on the same server of course)

domains are only fictional ;-)
Pages:
Jump to: